Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111626 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3 - Rampage!
« Reply #1455 on: January 06, 2021, 06:29:17 pm »

I really apawreciate how much effort Heydude put into those megapawsts.

I can confirm the existence of his 'tracking dart' as that's the active ability I saw when I day-investigated him, nyaaa.

But what makes me change my mind about him being meowfia is this: Enthusiastic eartwitches~ We've confirmed that HP loss kills, but I saw the 'tracking dart' Gun and it does indeed reduce the target's HP. Said ability is nyot a meowfiakill. If heydude was meowfia, it would allow the scum to get more kills than just their meowfiakill. Each nyight that the scum meowfiakill, Heydude could additionally whittle down the HP of other players. And then finish them off on the same nyight another scum player meowfiakills. I don't think Wuba would give the scum the ability to kill more than just once per night without some sort of harsh penalty or requirement involved, nya?
Scum getting one bonus kill every 3 nights (assuming that the target they're working on doesn't die in the meantime by another method, and assuming that none of those tracks get redirected away from their intended target) wouldn't surprise me at all.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 06, 2021, 06:36:20 pm »

Although while looking back at your claim, I noticed this:
If you want to get into the exact specifics though, I saw he has an auto that lets him pick up discarded items, and a non-lethal gun ability that reduces the target by 1 HP and tracks them.
Is this true, heydude? If it is, why didn't you claim it?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 06, 2021, 08:44:36 pm »

Here you go!

Lurker Track
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last post was 3 hours ago.
heydude6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Last post was 5 hours ago.
Leafsnail - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last post was 2 hours ago.
Luckyowl - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Last post was 9 hours ago.
Nirur Torir - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Last post was 6 hours ago.
NJW2000 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Last post was 4 hours ago.
TricMagic - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Last post was 4 hours ago.
Vector - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 Last post was 5 hours ago.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1458 on: January 06, 2021, 09:20:43 pm »

I ain't gonna lie. I'm tempted to vote Leafsnail.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 06, 2021, 10:41:18 pm »

Leafsnail: Hey, Leafsnail. You're pretty much scum at this point. But don't worry. I won't vote you just yet. I just want to hear your case. So please stop this shallow attack on Heydude6 which is clearly just a scapegoat that I've created.

I'll start with some questions

1. Do you have an ability to swap out people's abilites with another one?
2. Are you able to mess with alignment inspects?
3. Do you think I know the answer to the two questions above?

Leafsnail. Sometimes when I think I made a mistake. I got a habit of covering it with an explanation afterward. Do you get this same feeling?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 07, 2021, 04:46:28 am »

Vector: what have you been doing during the day? Mechanically?
One wheel short of a wagon

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 07, 2021, 07:43:07 am »

Although while looking back at your claim, I noticed this:
If you want to get into the exact specifics though, I saw he has an auto that lets him pick up discarded items, and a non-lethal gun ability that reduces the target by 1 HP and tracks them.
Is this true, heydude? If it is, why didn't you claim it?

Yes, I have that auto, and I didn’t claim it because it was insignificant. I thought it was one of those abilities everybody had, and they didn’t claim it.

I also never got anything from it. Tric has a monopoly on hats and and nobody else who died had any other items.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 07, 2021, 08:28:34 am »

ToonyMan vote:
1. NQT(town)
2.NQT?(town)
3.Vector
4. NJW2000
5. Nirur Torir
6. 4maskwolf(town)
7. IcyTea31(town)
8.Dolores(town)

Toaster vote:
1. Leafsnail
2. FallacyofUrist
3. IcyTea31(Town)
4.Vector
5. NJW2000
6. Nirur Torir
7. Heydude6
8. NQT(Town)

Looking at this. If we are to believe that the scumteam would all vote wherever it seems like the wind is going. Then you can see that Vector, Nirur Torir, and NJW2000 are all present in both of the lynch votes. Granted, NQT, IcyTea31 were also present in both of them. But they flipped town.

NJW2000: You said in the beginning in day 1 that your scum play always resorts defending your scum buddy? Have you stirred away from that this game?

Vector: I will be frank with you. When you agree to my plan. I felt it was a bit fishy and out of character. My plan was obviously flaw why would Heydude6 attack when I say we should sabotage his attack? Not only that. FOU already used his fast hatter badge. So how would he redirect Heydude6 ?

Nirur Torir: Why did you made me unblockable? Was it because I was suspicious of you on day 2? When I called you a liar for saying you had no ability with rng element? Did you choose me to prove that you weren't lying?

Anyways I used my SM on Heydude6. I got, "dodgeball" so I assume Heydude6's role involve games. Probably backed up by that 0 HP death. There's an effect attached to it. But it has nothing to do with his. Nor will I tell it since it will only help the Mafia.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 07, 2021, 08:34:54 am »

So I can not dodge abilities this phase. Not like I had a hide skill anyway. Wonder what person did that.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:18 am »

So I can not dodge abilities this phase. Not like I had a hide skill anyway. Wonder what person did that.

I wonder the same thing TricMagic.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 07, 2021, 08:50:39 am »

NJW2000: You said in the beginning in day 1 that your scum play always resorts defending your scum buddy? Have you stirred away from that this game?
I have been scum once, in that game I heavily defended my scumbuddy, yes, extending a day in order to push a lynch away from her. I'm town this game, so... question does not apply. If you thought I'd possibly answer that question with a yes or no, whether as scum or as town... wow.

So... presently the lynch choice seems to be between the claimed vig and a player who didn't post as much as the rest early on. I basically believe heydude about the mixup, I doubt he'd actually claim a false mistake.

This means FoU did direct him onto NQT from Nirur Torir, making FoU directly responsible for a townkill, possibly at the expense of a mafiakill. And he's one of my scum gutreads, which I promised myself I'd go on, seeing as both mechanical and thread analysis is deeply compromised this game.

FallacyofUrist - for killing town.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 07, 2021, 09:03:41 am »

Also

NQT vote:
1. Leafsnail
2. FallacyofUrist
3. Heydude6
4. ToonyMan(town)
5. Juicebox(outsider)

This was on day 1 vote. You can see the other three in here. If you want to believe that the scum team agree to vote on someone who won't get lynch then their might be something here. Especially when on day 2 lynch these three players voted toaster.

I have been scum once, in that game I heavily defended my scumbuddy, yes, extending a day in order to push a lynch away from her. I'm town this game, so... question does not apply. If you thought I'd possibly answer that question with a yes or no, whether as scum or as town... wow.

So... presently the lynch choice seems to be between the claimed vig and a player who didn't post as much as the rest early on. I basically believe heydude about the mixup, I doubt he'd actually claim a false mistake.

This means FoU did direct him onto NQT from Nirur Torir, making FoU directly responsible for a townkill, possibly at the expense of a mafiakill. And he's one of my scum gutreads, which I promised myself I'd go on, seeing as both mechanical and thread analysis is deeply compromised this game.

FallacyofUrist - for killing town.
Nah. I just wanted a response. It was an obvious trap not even I would fall for.

But yeah, the whole FOU redirected Heydude6 attack. Didn't FOU said his redirect shouldn't have killed anyone?  Do you expect FOU was lying about that?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 07, 2021, 10:37:37 am »

NJW2000, what type of logic is that? Simply cause a redirect was used to shift actions away from another.

Then again, I targeted Nirur Torir, and if an action was redirected.. Which one was it, targeting a person to shift their target to another, or targeting two people targets from one to the other?

Fal, did you do a redirect? If so, which type?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 07, 2021, 10:38:11 am »

Also could someone please compile a full list of role reveals in a single post, who is left?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 07, 2021, 11:08:31 am »

NJW2000, what type of logic is that? Simply cause a redirect was used to shift actions away from another.

FoU admitted to redirecting heydude's nightkill onto NQT, from Nirur Torir. Onto someone largely regarded as town, who nearly died trying to push a lynch off town and revealing a LYLO winning vote-stealer (and who flipped town). From the person half of us were ready to lynch after Toaster at the end of D2.

If Nirur is scum, FoU saved Nirur Torir the mafioso at the expense of town --> we should lynch FoU.

If Nirur is Town, FoU just got a strong, powerful town player out of the game in order to save the town player who seems most likely to get lynched tomorrow --> we should lynch FoU.

I mean, that's the logic behind the vote, but it's very difficult to know anything mechanical in this game, as I said I'm relying on gutreads now as much as logic.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 122