Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111364 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3 - Rampage!
« Reply #1425 on: January 06, 2021, 12:33:44 pm »

Of course the three people I read as town are the one up next the choppy blocks. No explanation on those threes, but the other two get a semi explanation.
You want an explanation? FoU for a completely scummy redirect, Vector for deeply nonsensical claims and eagerness to establish the lynch early, and you for pushing the lazy leafsnail lynch when you think someone basically confirmed to have killed twice is scum.

Obviously, there are other people who can be made to look just as bad - these are gutreads. But I think the above is a pretty solid case. More so than your arbitrary, content-free readslist and weak push on Leafsnail.

FoU, you said your inspect resolved. What were the results? Massive FoS for not telling us sooner.
snipped for brevity
FoU has not only given us the results, they have (when I prompted them) given us details.

More great pushes from Vector. I'd interpret this as distancing if I had a system-building mindset, but I don't, so I'll just call it scummy.
One wheel short of a wagon

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:10 pm »

Holy shit, I can't believe I missed that. Thank you for tracking that down, NJW. I don't know why I was remembering it as an alignment inspect.

More great pushes from Vector. I'd interpret this as distancing if I had a system-building mindset, but I don't, so I'll just call it scummy.

Haven't slept well in a couple days (50 days alone as of next week, yikes!) and I'm having trouble remembering things, sorry. Yes, I'm aware I'm not playing well. No, I actually can't do better right now.

To be clear, I'm not trying to appeal to your emotions or get let off the hook, just offer context for what I know to be an unusual degree of forgetfulness.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 06, 2021, 12:55:12 pm »

Vector: that's fair enough, sorry to hear about the sleep stuff. I don't take missing that as any real information anyhow, it's stuff like the hammer accusation and push to lynch Leafsnail that makes me think you're mafia.

It may have been due to the last post making me less terrified of the idea of a veteran leading the town like sheep, but anyways:

Actually, how would people be with a LuckyOwl or FoU lynch? While the Toaster stuff did demonstrate that mechanical clears aren't necessarily the be all and end all, I'm a bit taken aback by the sudden accumulation of votes.

Vector was confirmed by IcyTea... but only with the same level of mechanical surety as Toaster confirmed IcyTea as scum, so taking that with a pinch of salt. Nonetheless, scum!Vector is most likely the mechanically weakest mafia member as they've been blocked one night and had their abilities stolen somehow the other.

(Likely due to a bus-switch combo involving me and 4mask's bus ability, now I think about it. Or a 4mask redirect Vector -> Nirur. Dunno why he'd use those though... doesn't make a huge amount of sense. Perhaps Nirur stole them. I'm honestly considering the possibility that all alignment investigates are flipped by some weird undisclosed power, at this point, so I don't know how anything works.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 06, 2021, 01:22:10 pm »

Badges can be daytraded using your action. Not something I brought up before, but that's no defense if two weren't placed.

. . . . . . . then why all of this song and dance about making everyone buy no bonk badges

Mostly because those who bought them publicly are towny. And it removes Pons from the pool. I didn't actually say it to see who would buy them. Though you'd need to ask webadict to find out.

To note from web, players are not told they are delayed, so no notification happens.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 06, 2021, 01:24:23 pm »

Unvote for now, can we get a votelist and lurkertrack?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 06, 2021, 01:29:10 pm »

Unvote for now, can we get a votelist and lurkertrack?
Not for a couple hours. Working.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: January 06, 2021, 01:35:25 pm »

Or a 4mask redirect Vector -> Nirur.

4mask was daykilled.

Actually, how would people be with a LuckyOwl or FoU lynch? While the Toaster stuff did demonstrate that mechanical clears aren't necessarily the be all and end all, I'm a bit taken aback by the sudden accumulation of votes.

We are a small handful of hours from the end of the day. Obviously people had better be voted now.

No, I do not want to lynch our THIRD claimed cop. I want to lynch one of the two people who have peeked red, as suggested by LO, the player who up until their claimed inspect result was practically seen as a confirmed townie.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 06, 2021, 01:52:19 pm »

No, I do not want to lynch our THIRD claimed cop. I want to lynch one of the two people who have peeked red, as suggested by LO, the player who up until their claimed inspect result was practically seen as a confirmed townie.
Um?

LuckyOwl:
Did you investigate me at any point?

As far as I could understand, when LuckyOwl said:
I think I got two confirm mafia. NJW and Heydude6.

NJW: When you replied to my plan. You grumbled, and dismissed it as a newbie plan and it may be. Yes. But if you were town you would've guide me to a better thought process.

Heydude6: The same as NJW. You try make me look foolish instead of tackling what I say. Plus. I don't like your logic.

He was going on thread analysis, apparently. Doesn't look like a copclaim.

Thus far, LuckyOwl has claimed several abilities, although not his whole role (sensible whatever alignment you are), none of them being an alignment cop ability.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 06, 2021, 01:54:45 pm »

ugh jesus fuck unvote

I thought that the reads below that were in-thread supporting evidence for a daycop ability. I'm gonna go take a nap.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 06, 2021, 01:56:40 pm »

No, wait. Don't want to oversleep. Leafsnail.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 06, 2021, 02:20:05 pm »

Among our victims we have Luckyowl (no surprise), Leafsnail, and Vector. Nirur Torir also throws some slight shade at Tric by very subtly impling that Tric protected him from me in order to keep Nirur alive till MYLO, to tempt the town into myslynching him. Ha, even Nirur knows it was a good idea for !townme to kill him!
At this line, I think you misunderstood the question, when I was asking why you had me at the top of your kill list. That was answered anyway, thank you.

If Trick were scum, then if his hats were randomly distributed, the scum buddies that got hats would just immedietaly give Trick their hats to make him more powerful.
[....]
Scum-only hat distribution has already been disproven by evidence. Since there is no hat distribution model for !scumTric that doesn't lead to some sort of mechanical exploit, we can conclude !scumtrick is impossible.
How do you know he started with a hat, instead of a scum buddy?

Fallacy is saying that he thought a near-confirmed town was scum,
Where was NJW near-confirmed?

Fallacy is saying that he thought a near-confirmed town was scum, so he redirected the vigilante who a lot of people also saw as town into killing him. Do you realize how insane that is? Currently we are saying that !scum me decided to make himself look town by blatantly killing a confirmed town, then forcing another scumbuddy into contradicting his cover story, as well as claiming to have deliberately tried to make that confirmed town dead.
This is strong wine. "Some people think Mario is town, so Mario must be town. I can't kill the guy who I think is scum because of this disagreement."
If it was insane for him to want NJW dead, why aren't you trying to lynch him?

Those who say that I was the sole person attempting mafia nightkills are insane because why would the mafia cut their killing power in half? What gambit reward is worth doing that for?
I have your word that it's a gun item and not a mafia kill, and FoU saying you have guns. I do not know that you're on opposing teams. I also know this is a BYOR with a bunch of powerful, crazy roles that might encourage you to make the kills, with your obvious calling card, and for other scum to use their other abilities. Why would it have to be a crazy gambit with the mafia only using half their kills?

Can you bring some better evidence? Do you have a list of scum tells? Can you recall some moments where I acted particlarly anti-town? Can you recall some arguments I made that were blatantly without merit? Can you refute the opinions of the confirmed town members who also thought I was a towney? Do you think I said little of value to the town in my time here? Cause if you're going to lynch me, you need to make a case. One confusing action is not enough.
I recognize that you're putting the most town and energy into the game, and applaud it. But you're also the only night killer, and spread a lot of WIFOM, saying "this must be true, because only a madman would do otherwise." Caring a lot about the game doesn't necessarily make you town.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 06, 2021, 02:54:09 pm »

This might've been a good lie if you didn't attempt to hammer immediately after heydude, in spite of TricMagic objecting.

OK, good point. I didn't read that as an objection to the lynch, but rather to more hat-related things. Since Tric was the only not-about-to-be-modkilled player who wasn't voting, I figured "good enough." But you're right, I shouldn't have objected to Heydude on the hammer.
This is another lie. If you had consciously thought about it and decided that a) TricMagic was the only player whose opinion you cared about and b) that TricMagic's objection didn't relate to the lynch then wouldn't you have not objected to heydude's hammer today?

Also why did you edit the rest of my argument out of your post?
This might've been a good lie if you didn't attempt to hammer immediately after heydude, in spite of TricMagic objecting. So you only required an OK from heydude, and not from any of the many posters who did not have a chance to post during the 18 minutes between your "consensus building" post and your (what you believed to be a) hammer. If it was OK for you to hammer after heydude alone said yes why is it now not OK for heydude to do the same?

I think this is a throwaway case for you - you are clearly intending to vote for me today, you just made up a second nonsense case so you could have another suspect on your list.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 06, 2021, 02:55:35 pm »

Web: can we have an emergency 24 hour extension due to the ongoing political disruption in the US?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 06, 2021, 02:56:53 pm »

heydude has been caught in a lie and is relying on mod-error to cover his claim. Easy, open and shut lynch.

Vector's case against heydude is one of the most blatantly fake, I-don't-actually-want-to-lynch-this-person non-cases I have ever seen - the vote and unvote upthread is particularly ridiculous. I would also be happy to vote off Vector but I'd rather get rid of the mafia member with the special kill power first.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 06, 2021, 02:59:07 pm »

For the benefit of mamobo: heydude6.
Anyway, I hope this claim kills any idea of me being the mafia's dedicated nightkiller since my kills rely on spending a consumable resource that can technically be replenished, but is overall worse than a standard mafia night kill.

Most guns fire bullets that only do 1 damage. If I fire both shots at the same person, that leaves them with 1 HP. I need to get lucky in order to oneshot.
There is no evidence that this is true. In fact, there is strong counterevidence - you have successfully made two kills in a row, and previously claimed to be a vigilante.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 122