Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111326 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3 - Rampage!
« Reply #1380 on: January 05, 2021, 04:58:09 am »

It just keeps getting better, doesn't it.

I think this sounds like a solid plan. I don't know about NJW (just less sure), but I think that Leafsnail's habit of coming in only when he's asked for and heydude claiming vig + doing that day end rapidhammer on Toaster were pretty questionable. I know dolores said that this was town!Tric but I have such a hard time believing that given that Tric's only public motivation so far has been hat-oriented. Tric trying to claim that town inspect result from Jim is also pretty wild. (although I still vote 3rd party over mafia).

Anyway: starting with Leafsnail and working our way down makes sense to me. I'm ready to vote.

@LuckyOwl: I don't think that Tric is an SK because we would probably expect more NKs in that case, but I will say: the deal with 3rd-parties is that they can go either way based on who looks like they're winning, and they usually don't help the underdogs. Right now, town are the underdogs (if we hit LYLO, that's usually the case).

Don't ask the mod about alignments, we'll know soon enough X_X
What absolute nonsense is this, Vector? You tried to rapidhammer, fourteen minutes after Heydude. Given there were 27 hours left in the day, this is pretty undeniably a rapidhammer. I do not believe you are cleared, after this response. I believe you are scum, and that IcyTea was redirected somehow or something.

You can't try to do something, fail because you weren't paying proper attention to the thread, and then accuse the person who actually did it of being scummy.

Vector, but lynch who you like, people. Want to kill Leafsnail for reticence? Sure, he's harming town by it.

I'm not going to even both going into the things LuckyOwl said, as he has repeatedly stated in the thread that he never sticks to any kind of plan, or indeed statement. Needless to say, any "solving" of a high-powered BYOR that doesn't rely on insanely broken stuff is very unlikely to work. I'll just note that I can think of several ways of stopping it based solely on the powers LuckyOwl's "mafia" has claimed.

-
Despite anything rude I say, I would note that this readlist and scumteam guess was a good thing to do at this stage.

FoU: Note that we're waiting on the result of the investigation.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 05, 2021, 08:37:25 am »

Fun, looking to remove the protector Luckyowl? As it stands, I have hats, which protect or delay. Somewhere there is a roleblock hat. I do not have kills.

Also finally got back on webadicts waffling. Apparently someone may have an ability to make a night action usable during the day.

To note, Jim may have been mafia, but he did clear me. The may is not questioning here, it is simply what happened. His death throws that claim into question, but only because mafia wants to use it to lynch me just in case I protect myself. At the time, it was Jim's towncred and mislead about his actual ability. I don't think he would lie if I was third party, cause my death would reveal him as a lier. That leaves 3 mafia left. The Outsider has already been removed. Possible Fal is doing something as third party, or Heydude is something, but town likely does have the power to lynch.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 05, 2021, 08:44:32 am »

So here's the plan I think we should roll with.

We lynch Leafsnail. He'll come out Mafia. Then we have FOU redirect any of Heydude6's attack to NJW. I'll protect you FOU and even if I die this night. It won't matter, since you're more important to keep alive at this point. Nirur Torir what can you put forth? And TricMagic I conclude him to be third party. But If Leafsnail is third party then that leaves TricMagic to be Mafia and if that's the case. Then well. We might be in trouble since he seems to have gotten real powerful. But I think FOU can come up with a way to stop TricMagic.

Keep in mind at this point I could have picked up the Compass Badge for redirects if I was going to do that. I'd auto-target whoever targeted me first. Combined with an Ally's Fast Hatter Badge, FoU would be dead before he could do anything. Instead I picked up the Projectile Badge. This is also mafia-ish since it would allow a double kill if I had one. But if I was mafia, you guys are completely screwed and I played town to perfection.

Your plan also seems to forget me triple freeze. I can spare at least two protects for others. You seem to forget my power is in using hats, and I have long revealed what each does, and none have come forth to deny it as a lie. You need better leverage than maybes to deny this.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 05, 2021, 08:55:54 am »

Note my current Core is the people I protected last night as likely targets of the mafia. Given the only kill was from HP Loss, I assume my protect worked. Which leaves Leafsnail, Luckyowl, and Heydude on the outskirts. Vector I simply refuse to believe town. Was your role really so weak that you had to hold onto the mask for so long hoping to get something? Or are you mafia seeking kills.

As a question, anyone have a list of roleclaims yet? I'll start.

Hat Kid
3 free hat actions, 1 action, 1 projectile badge for an additional action.
Current Hats: Ice Hat to protect, Time Stop Hat to delay(Confirmed by Dolores/Self)
Badge Seller, add new badges each night and at the beginning of the game. +100 Pons each cycle.
Leave Comment sitting there.
1 stolen Sprint Hat. Redirects abilities used against the target to yourself. Still in limbo somewhere.
Vector's Dweller Mask. Random item, badge, or gear.
One lost Brewers Hat, Roleblocks target.

The rest of you can hurry up Before the day ends on us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 05, 2021, 09:46:41 am »

Finally, I had the Ice Hat, which I used on Vector.  I say had, because I just gave it away.  Since someone's stealing hats, I'm not saying to whom I gave it; they can claim it if they want to do so.  It specifically protects against kills and guns, which means guns are an item class that doesn't necessarily kill.

Oh, yeah; Tric's telling the truth about using Leave Comment last night.  He indeed targeted the role name Legendary Exterminator.  I have no idea if he hit anything, or what happened based off it, but he mentioned accuracy and staying alive, specifically.  He can vouch that he sent that, hopefully.  No one else used it.

Not many people, but this post does at least confirm my first night Action. I got the ice hat from them before they were lynched. At the time, I thought it weird since I would have gotten it anyway.

If find it interesting that my only responses are silence despite it being in interest to untangle the web of actions. And so time slips away without us seeming to go anywhere. And Leafsnail continues to be silent..

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 05, 2021, 11:26:49 am »

Spoiler: roleclaim (click to show/hide)

I'm a little wary of Leafsnail being our first scum lynch, since the case on them is that they're disengaged from the game (the same as Leafscum!), and because Vector's guiding towards it, after yelling at us to stop being sheep letting them to all the work and shepherding.

I'm getting tempted by Heydude6+FoU. Heydude being scum after D1 is weird, but being the only killer is compelling. I didn't like FoU's D1 play and their investigate saying "the killer is the source of guns!" is weak. Combined, they had an interesting night that led to a strong role dying while clearing both for the action reveals.
I think either they're on a team and Tric is town, or they're both town and Tric is scum.
Leafsnail leans scummier than Vector or NJW, largely because he's the most lurky and won't claim, but they all feel similarly disengaged with the game to me.
LuckyOwl continues to read as town.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 05, 2021, 11:27:48 am »

I think this sounds like a solid plan. I don't know about NJW (just less sure), but I think that Leafsnail's habit of coming in only when he's asked for
Do you think I saw your post and then wrote mine within 1 minute? You happened to post just before me.

and heydude claiming vig + doing that day end rapidhammer on Toaster were pretty questionable.
OK this is horseshit, Vector. Not only did you try to hammer Toaster soon after heydude6 did, you also announced your intention to hammer him just before heydude did!
I'm ready to hammer Toaster and move on. Objections?
How could you now object to that decision?

I know dolores said that this was town!Tric but I have such a hard time believing that given that Tric's only public motivation so far has been hat-oriented. Tric trying to claim that town inspect result from Jim is also pretty wild. (although I still vote 3rd party over mafia).
Do you think I saw your post and then wrote mine within 1 minute? You happened to post just before me.

I think Tric is right in that Jim's inspection makes him much more likely to be mafia than 3rd party - I doubt Jim would risk claiming a fake result for someone who wasn't a teammate.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 05, 2021, 11:28:46 am »

Not many people, but this post does at least confirm my first night Action. I got the ice hat from them before they were lynched. At the time, I thought it weird since I would have gotten it anyway.

If find it interesting that my only responses are silence despite it being in interest to untangle the web of actions. And so time slips away without us seeming to go anywhere. And Leafsnail continues to be silent..
I claimed yesterday. I can confirm you attempted to use Time Hat on Vector.
As TM revealed before, I am Schrödinger's Cat. I have both an Alive and a Dead role, and which I am switches each cycle.

When I'm Alive I cannot be killed and I can roleblock. When I'm Dead I get to see all actions used against me and I can swap my position with someone else (basically a self-bus). If no-one actions me I am "in both states" and can use both actions.

Night one I roleblocked Vector (as previously claimed). I didn't submit any target for the bus ability, but it wouldn't have gone off anyway as I received an Allergic Reaction status. This has a lot of effects that I will describe in my next post, but for now it means whenever I use an ability I have to disable another one.

Night two I used the swap on Vector, disabling my Roleblock ability for the Allergic Reaction. I got a notification that I was targeted by the Time Stop Hat - which delayed my actions for a night.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 05, 2021, 11:38:11 am »

Well. Since I obviously can't read on the first try, it's time to re-read the day and make it stick better this time.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 05, 2021, 11:39:05 am »

EBWOP: Broken quote tag
Well. Since I obviously can't read on the first try, it's time to re-read the day and make it stick better this time.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 05, 2021, 11:42:56 am »

This is a good demonstration of why I'm feeling pretty disengaged from this game. There's a lot of long posts but not very much actual reading or argumentation going on. People complain at me for not posting but then don't read or respond to the posts I do make... what's the point?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 05, 2021, 11:51:04 am »

Nice jump, NJW. Guess I found your scumbuddy, huh?

What absolute nonsense is this, Vector? You tried to rapidhammer, fourteen minutes after Heydude. Given there were 27 hours left in the day, this is pretty undeniably a rapidhammer. I do not believe you are cleared, after this response. I believe you are scum, and that IcyTea was redirected somehow or something.

You can't try to do something, fail because you weren't paying proper attention to the thread, and then accuse the person who actually did it of being scummy.

Vector, but lynch who you like, people. Want to kill Leafsnail for reticence? Sure, he's harming town by it.

I'm not going to even both going into the things LuckyOwl said, as he has repeatedly stated in the thread that he never sticks to any kind of plan, or indeed statement. Needless to say, any "solving" of a high-powered BYOR that doesn't rely on insanely broken stuff is very unlikely to work. I'll just note that I can think of several ways of stopping it based solely on the powers LuckyOwl's "mafia" has claimed.

NJW: It's LYLO. "Lynch who you like, people?" WTF, my man? We can't lynch on "anti-town behaviors," we have to lynch by deducing who is scum. If we lynch another scummy townie again on short pretext then we've lost the game. You're playing like it's still D1.

This is some of the most half-assed play I've seen in my life, and that's saying something given everything else we've seen in this game so far. I say it's half-assed because at this point you're not doing anything constructive. If you think LO's plan is bad, you need to help refine it, not just say "solving is impossible guys!! stop claiming!!"

Regarding your allegation: I'm not the person who actually hammered, and I asked beforehand to try to develop consensus (like if we were putting together a shorten). In other words: I was trying to put together a consensus. Heydude said "I don't object" and then hammered immediately. Heydude's action used a pretext to take an individual action.

Anyway: either you're voting me for hypocrisy, or you think that hammering was scummy, in which case a. why not bring it up sooner? I was the person who mentioned it, hence the person with the most to lose and b. what makes heydude town?

I know that you mentioned it before, but what I mean is: why didn't you vote anyone over that instead of just grumbling?

What discussion did you want to have in those remaining 27 hours?

Was your role really so weak that you had to hold onto the mask for so long hoping to get something? Or are you mafia seeking kills.

I'm Town seeking protects and inspects, dumbass.

If find it interesting that my only responses are silence despite it being in interest to untangle the web of actions.

I was asleep. Classes also just started again yesterday and PhD > mafia.

Speaking of which . . . I'll be back in like 12 hours, I need to go do math and teach. Hopefully I can get away sooner but it's my first session with a new group of kids, so I need to prep.

But before I go.

This is a good demonstration of why I'm feeling pretty disengaged from this game. There's a lot of long posts but not very much actual reading or argumentation going on. People complain at me for not posting but then don't read or respond to the posts I do make... what's the point?

This is fair, but I would be more inclined to be sympathetic if you had made a single aggressive case throughout this entire game.

(Yes, I saw your other post. So I'll ask you: thank you for your defense on yourself. Other than me, who do you think is scum at this point?)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 05, 2021, 12:12:47 pm »

heydude. He has claimed both of the nightkills that have happened so far and was conveniently redirected (in spite of using an item that should stop him from being reidrected) last night.
Regarding your allegation: I'm not the person who actually hammered, and I asked beforehand to try to develop consensus (like if we were putting together a shorten). In other words: I was trying to put together a consensus. Heydude said "I don't object" and then hammered immediately. Heydude's action used a pretext to take an individual action.
This might've been a good lie if you didn't attempt to hammer immediately after heydude, in spite of TricMagic objecting. So you only required an OK from heydude, and not from any of the many posters who did not have a chance to post during the 18 minutes between your "consensus building" post and your (what you believed to be a) hammer. If it was OK for you to hammer after heydude alone said yes why is it now not OK for heydude to do the same?

I think this is a throwaway case for you - you are clearly intending to vote for me today, you just made up a second nonsense case so you could have another suspect on your list.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 05, 2021, 12:31:11 pm »

Nice jump, NJW. Guess I found your scumbuddy, huh?

-snip-

NJW: It's LYLO. "Lynch who you like, people?" WTF, my man? We can't lynch on "anti-town behaviors," we have to lynch by deducing who is scum. If we lynch another scummy townie again on short pretext then we've lost the game. You're playing like it's still D1.

This is some of the most half-assed play I've seen in my life, and that's saying something given everything else we've seen in this game so far. I say it's half-assed because at this point you're not doing anything constructive. If you think LO's plan is bad, you need to help refine it, not just say "solving is impossible guys!! stop claiming!!"
Who's the scum team then, Vector? We're all so sloppy that you must have figured it out.
As near as I can tell, I've been your top scum pick all game. But because I can tell the truth about my role, I've dropped below Leafsnail?
Except you're not confident enough to keep your vote on him when pressed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 05, 2021, 01:02:20 pm »

I have a spare 10 minutes. Nirur Torir, you know you weren't the top of my list for all of D1 (behind Toony, Leafsnail, and Tric? Are you kidding?), and that on D2 we mostly didn't interact due to the nonsense with ICT/Toaster taking center stage.

Uh, there's two votes on Leafsnail right now. It's five to hammer, so if Leafsnail's town the meowfia could quick hammer him right now, nyaa... Frightened kitty.

I suggest you both unvote and we show our suspicions with Fingers of Suspicion instead of actual votes until it's time to lynch? Pawlease?

You also know that this isn't "being pressed."

Regarding my scum picks: I'm working on it. I'm still guessing Leafsnail, NJW based on not seeming to care if we lynch town or not, and either you or Tric.

heydude. He has claimed both of the nightkills that have happened so far and was conveniently redirected (in spite of using an item that should stop him from being reidrected) last night.
This might've been a good lie if you didn't attempt to hammer immediately after heydude, in spite of TricMagic objecting.

OK, good point. I didn't read that as an objection to the lynch, but rather to more hat-related things. Since Tric was the only not-about-to-be-modkilled player who wasn't voting, I figured "good enough." But you're right, I shouldn't have objected to Heydude on the hammer.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 122