Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111489 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3
« Reply #1365 on: January 04, 2021, 06:40:49 pm »

I completely skipped that, so you have to remind me who and ask if it wasn't tampered with. Jim may have been mafia, but he did clear me as town. To argue otherwise when they could have gotten an easy third-party lynch would require you disprove my hats' abilities.

And no, webadict did say that it saying night doesn't mean it can't be used during the day. But that may simply be because I'm the Hat Kid. Go ahead and ask, I'll wait. (Not longer than 12 hours though, time is ticking, like sand in a hourglass.)
Note lying can easily be cleared by one of two people. Unless all three of you are mafia and hoarding the hats.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 04, 2021, 06:51:30 pm »

He's respawnsible fur guns, nya.
Clarify.
Given that I saw a gun-type ability from his role nyaa, which referenced HP loss, and his kills have been done by heavier HP loss, and that his Horseman of War power would have let him use more gun actions, I made the assumption that his role is the source of guns.

But if you see a flaw in this logic, let me knyow~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 04, 2021, 07:11:08 pm »

That makes sense. Thanks! Also suggests that heydude has is the only one who can use the nightkills we've been seeing.
One wheel short of a wagon

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 04, 2021, 07:11:34 pm »

I completely skipped that, so you have to remind me who and ask if it wasn't tampered with. Jim may have been mafia, but he did clear me as town. To argue otherwise when they could have gotten an easy third-party lynch would require you disprove my hats' abilities.

And no, webadict did say that it saying night doesn't mean it can't be used during the day. But that may simply be because I'm the Hat Kid. Go ahead and ask, I'll wait. (Not longer than 12 hours though, time is ticking, like sand in a hourglass.)
Note lying can easily be cleared by one of two people. Unless all three of you are mafia and hoarding the hats.
What? You could easily have your role as mafia, and Jim could've called you town in order to make us think you're not mafia.

Finally, if I were scum I wouldn't be the person doing the night-kill. One of my buddies would have done it instead and avoided this whole situation in the first place. Like you pointed out, I leave a very obvious calling card and thus every death can always be traced back to me. If all of my buddies were no-bonked, only then I would have to do the scumkill and pull this gambit. To rule out such a situation, we can look at the people who were no-bonked and try to evaluate their scumminess. If they are sufficiently scummy though, then they should be lynched before me since there's stronger evidence against them.
heydude6, this is completely backwards. If you're a mafia member pulling a gambit (and given that no other nightkills have happened this game I think that's a strong possibility) then you may have to be the one making the kill precisely because of your obvious calling card. If another member of your team did the kill and it didn't have the "HP loss" flavour and you still tried to claim it as your own everyone would think it's suspicious. In addition, the redirect story currently doesn't add up given that you claimed using a badge that would stop redirects.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1369 on: January 04, 2021, 07:36:35 pm »

Jim may have been mafia, but he did clear me as town. 

TricMagic were you caught off guard by the unexpected modkill? Because Jim was the mafia anything he said will come off unfaithful. So why would Jim, faithfully reveal your alignment as town?

And that's fine. Maybe Jim wanted to help town a bit to make himself lool town. I don't have a problem with his claim. However, I do have a problem when you claim Jim is townie. So I'll circle back to my first question.

Were you caught off guard by the unexpected modkill?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 04, 2021, 11:17:48 pm »

Up on the voteboard, a pixelated Godzilla marches through the frame, obliterating everything in its path! Of course, after it finishes its venture, the voteboard is replaced with its usual display. The Badge Seller looks unfazed at this, but begins writing on a Comment card before placing it in the box.

A voice above begins to speak, and if webadict wasn't surely dead, you'd probably recognize it as his. "Better get a move on, folks! Godzilla's got no patience for you! Yeeeeehaw!" You hear several gunshots echoing from the speaker before it reverberates and screeches, causing most of you to grab your ears. You hear somebody struggling to wrestle the microphone away before the speakers cut out entirely.

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
Leafsnail - 1 - TricMagic*,
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
TricMagic - 1 - Luckyowl*,
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 6 - Nirur Torir, Leafsnail, NJW2000, Vector*, FallacyofUrist, heydude6,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on January 06, 2021 at 19:00 CST (~44 hours remaining).

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 04, 2021, 11:54:05 pm »

Alright. So we got 8 players.

FOU- town
Luckyowl-town
TricMagic- lean third party
NJW-  lean mafia
Leafsnail- lean mafia
Vector- town(confirmed by ICT)
Nirur Torir- lean town
Heydude6-lean mafia

FOU: Was about to lead a whole lynch onto Jim Groovester with his arguement against him. A mafia wouldn't have thrown his own team member under the bus the way FOU did to Jim.

Luckyowl: I'm town. Because I'm town. I also have been scum hunting not as efficient but still something.

TricMagic: He honestly wanes on me. Why would Jim investigate TricMagic truthfully? Jim wouldn't lie about you being third party or even mafia. Because when you flip it would've destroyed Jim's cred. So yeah, that investigation is very suspicious. I have you as third party, but I would even say that you might be the mafia.

NJW: I haven't really read much of his stuff but the few I have read seems pretty suspicious.

Leafsnail: I think he's just ninjia in the background.

Vector: ICT confirm Vector is town. ICT flipped town.

Nirur Torir: I got invited to a pizza party and now my action is unblockable. He has done scummy stuff so he only lean town for now.

Heydude6: I think you did a gambit. Nirur Torir is most likely Town so you targeted him, but because FOU found NQT to be scummy he redirected your kill onto NQT.

That said.

I conclude town team to be:
 Luckyowl
Vector
Nirur Torir
FallacyofUrist

Scum team/Third party:
Leafsnail
Heydude6
TricMagic
NJW2000

I say we vote Leafsnail or Heydude6. The main issue is that with just us 4 town we can't really hammer. It's a good thing and a bad thing. I say. If all us townie vote on the Mafia then the mafia might not vote for hammer and if they do and they flip mafia then we can't trust the last voter and just vote them off.

FOU see if you can redirect Heydude6 projectile onto NJW. I'll protect you and because of Nirur Torir's unblockable buff. It will go through. If TricMagic is third party who's wants to find and kill the mafia. We can compromise and help you get your hat so you can go to wherever the hell you need to go. Just help us by freezing the possible mafia.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3 - Rampage!
« Reply #1372 on: January 05, 2021, 12:02:34 am »

So here's the plan I think we should roll with.

We lynch Leafsnail. He'll come out Mafia. Then we have FOU redirect any of Heydude6's attack to NJW. I'll protect you FOU and even if I die this night. It won't matter, since you're more important to keep alive at this point. Nirur Torir what can you put forth? And TricMagic I conclude him to be third party. But If Leafsnail is third party then that leaves TricMagic to be Mafia and if that's the case. Then well. We might be in trouble since he seems to have gotten real powerful. But I think FOU can come up with a way to stop TricMagic.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 05, 2021, 12:13:04 am »

Plan A
1. Lynch Leafsnail
2. FOU redirect any attacks Heydude6 throws out to NJW.
3. I'll protect FOU.
4. (And if TricMagic third party working against mafia delay NJW.

Plan B(if Leafsnail is third party)
1. Lynch Leafsnail
2.FOU redirect Heydude6 attacks unto NJW
3. I protect Heydude6
4. Vector or Nirur Torir or maybe FOU do something against TricMagic.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 05, 2021, 12:14:49 am »

Plan A
1. Lynch Leafsnail
2. FOU redirect any attacks Heydude6 throws out to NJW.
3. I'll protect FOU.
4. (And if TricMagic third party working against mafia delay NJW.

Plan B(if Leafsnail is third party)
1. Lynch Leafsnail
2.FOU redirect Heydude6 attacks unto NJW
3. I protect FOU
4. Vector or Nirur Torir or maybe FOU do something against TricMagic.

Opps. Inb4 people claim I slipped.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 05, 2021, 01:13:15 am »

Nirur Torir is an iffy pick for possible town. But considering Heydude6 was planning to kill him under the claim that IcyTea31 said if he dies then Nirur Torir was scummy. But why would Heydude6 jump the gun. I think his logic make sense.

Kill Nirur Torir.  Flip town. IcyTea31 is still alive lynch him. If IcyTea31 is dead. Then it was just an honest mistake on Heydude6 part. You can say the same with FOU. But the fact that he was right about Jim makes him townie all the way. The fact Vector was confirmed town by ICT. The fact that I'm town because I'm just am. And finally, Nirur Torir made me unblockable and was about to be killed by Heydude6.

I'm willing to switch out Nirur Torir. But we at least got 3 townie. All we need is to confirm one more townie and kill the rest of the mafia and Third party.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: January 05, 2021, 01:21:31 am »

Webadict: How wrong am I? ;) (I'm probably gonna be wrong and this comment will either be really cool or really lame once this game is done. But imma throw it out cause why not. But I'm 100% on my read. The only iffy part is that 4th slot. I'm entirely sure who it may be. So we should just bank on killing leafsnail. He's just been in the background trying to stay low. Kinda remind me what Juicebox and Roseheart did in my first Mafia game.)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 05, 2021, 01:22:32 am »

Webadict: How wrong am I? ;) (I'm probably gonna be wrong and this comment will either be really cool or really lame once this game is done. But imma throw it out cause why not. But I'm 100% on my read. The only iffy part is that 4th slot. I'm entirely not sure who it may be. So we should just bank on killing leafsnail. He's just been in the background trying to stay low. Kinda remind me what Juicebox and Roseheart did in my first Mafia game.)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: January 05, 2021, 01:28:05 am »

Webadict: How wrong am I? ;) (I'm probably gonna be wrong and this comment will either be really cool or really lame once this game is done. But imma throw it out cause why not. But I'm 100% on my read. The only iffy part is that 4th slot. I'm entirely not sure who it may be. But all I need is 3 to work with and hope we can nab a Mafioso today.

So I'll propose we lynch leafsnail. He's just been in the background trying to stay low. Kinda remind me what Juicebox and Roseheart did in my first Mafia game.

Or Heydude6 because he's obviously scum.

What I fear the most is TricMagic I'm all for hanging him too. But maybe he's a third party who can help us.

Everyone: have there ever been a BYOR game where a SK helped town? )

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 05, 2021, 01:32:39 am »

I think this sounds like a solid plan. I don't know about NJW (just less sure), but I think that Leafsnail's habit of coming in only when he's asked for and heydude claiming vig + doing that day end rapidhammer on Toaster were pretty questionable. I know dolores said that this was town!Tric but I have such a hard time believing that given that Tric's only public motivation so far has been hat-oriented. Tric trying to claim that town inspect result from Jim is also pretty wild. (although I still vote 3rd party over mafia).

Anyway: starting with Leafsnail and working our way down makes sense to me. I'm ready to vote.

@LuckyOwl: I don't think that Tric is an SK because we would probably expect more NKs in that case, but I will say: the deal with 3rd-parties is that they can go either way based on who looks like they're winning, and they usually don't help the underdogs. Right now, town are the underdogs (if we hit LYLO, that's usually the case).

Don't ask the mod about alignments, we'll know soon enough X_X
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 122