Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111185 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3
« Reply #1350 on: January 04, 2021, 05:42:02 pm »

Leafsnail.

I don't especially appreciate your wine, NT, but the reality is that the scumteam has done a pretty good job of thinning the ranks of our most active players and that NT has not just one but two no-bonk badges put on him. Notice, though: Leafsnail actually never claimed yesterday; someone (Toony?) did a contract with them and revealed that they are Schrodinger's Cat. I find it absolutely unbelievable that Leafsnail could possibly be Town at this point.

I'm going to go back and try to look at how the last bandwagon on Leafy went down, to get some more evidence. I am personally OK with NT's weak claim on D2 though now that I have had it personally verified that yes, in fact, NT is an ability grabber.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: January 04, 2021, 05:43:13 pm »

As TM revealed before, I am Schrödinger's Cat. I have both an Alive and a Dead role, and which I am switches each cycle.

When I'm Alive I cannot be killed and I can roleblock. When I'm Dead I get to see all actions used against me and I can swap my position with someone else (basically a self-bus). If no-one actions me I am "in both states" and can use both actions.

Night one I roleblocked Vector (as previously claimed). I didn't submit any target for the bus ability, but it wouldn't have gone off anyway as I received an Allergic Reaction status. This has a lot of effects that I will describe in my next post, but for now it means whenever I use an ability I have to disable another one.

Night two I used the swap on Vector, disabling my Roleblock ability for the Allergic Reaction. I got a notification that I was targeted by the Time Stop Hat - which delayed my actions for a night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 04, 2021, 05:45:03 pm »

speak of the devil
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 04, 2021, 05:50:09 pm »

Allergic reaction effects: gets one stage worse every cycle.
1: Disable an action until next cycle whenever you use an ability.
2: When you use an action, lose it or advance the status a stage.
4: Whenever someone uses an action on me, advance the stage a stage.
7: Remove an ability. Whenever the status advances a stage, remove another ability.
10: Die

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 04, 2021, 05:52:53 pm »

Well, that looks evil nyaa.

Didn't nyotquitethere have the ability to give peopawle allergic reactions? As per his death flip?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 04, 2021, 05:56:35 pm »

-
It's really fine. I was a bit sharpish about it, mostly due to the hammer.

I think you got Vector's abilities due to someone using some kind of action on me, as I should have received Vector's abilities. It must be a switch of some kind, as I think I'd know if I had an ability gained and then stolen.

Just realised that IcyTea confirming Vector made my night action useless for anything other than protection. Oh well, they'd still be a strong target for the mafiakill, if there is one separate from heydude's thing.

I'm currently wondering about a FoU lynch. For, you know, murdering town. Not sure about the announcing inspect nonsense (I mean, really?) but scum!FoU might just be using that as a cover for following their post restrictions. Nirur and Leafsnail also quite attractive candidates on a gut level, although I haven't really looked through Leafsnail's contributions closely enough yet. Scumteam is... idk, LuckyOwl, FoU, Jim, Leafsnail, at my current best guess. Or not, this is near-bastard nonsense, I feel pretty lost tbh.

I find the mafiakill quite confusing. Wondering if it's a daykill, or a nightkill that we've managed to block twice in a row... ugh.

A little confused about people actually posting rolenames: is "Leave Comment" off or something?
One wheel short of a wagon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 04, 2021, 06:06:30 pm »

I'm currently wondering about a FoU lynch. For, you know, murdering town.

As mentioned earlier nyaa, my redirect shouldn't have done anything because Heydude claims to have used a Fast Hatter badge, so something funkier is going on. Annoyed ear twitches.

We can't assume Heydude is town. Unless he's the one to perform the meowfiakill, there's no meowfiakill on both of our Nights so far, right?

Look, we all need to fully action claim, because ofurwise we'll never figure out what caused Heydude's kill to actually redirect.

Oh, and we all need to buy badges in public right nyow! Anyone that can't do that and can't cite a time when they bought a badge earlier bought a badge in private at some point.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 04, 2021, 06:12:11 pm »

I'm currently wondering about a FoU lynch. For, you know, murdering town.

As mentioned earlier nyaa, my redirect shouldn't have done anything because Heydude claims to have used a Fast Hatter badge, so something funkier is going on. Annoyed ear twitches.

We can't assume Heydude is town. Unless he's the one to perform the meowfiakill, there's no meowfiakill on both of our Nights so far, right?

Look, we all need to fully action claim, because ofurwise we'll never figure out what caused Heydude's kill to actually redirect.

Oh, and we all need to buy badges in public right nyow! Anyone that can't do that and can't cite a time when they bought a badge earlier bought a badge in private at some point.
Song when Fal appears.

At this point pretty sure my actions ruined the night kill. And I still haven't been given another hat. I don't have the Sprint Hat, and whoever took it does need to confirm at this point with role reveals on the table. Anything involving redirects to one's self is inherently fishy.

Vector, hurry up and hand the mask over please? You are not getting anything done quick so long as I live. and if you have a reason not to, state your case.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 04, 2021, 06:17:55 pm »

I know I'm town, I don't know that you are town, and as you mentioned the hat would be useful for the scumteam. So: no.

I don't really care if you block me. It's annoying to be depowered but solving the game is more important.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 04, 2021, 06:23:31 pm »

Uh, there's two votes on Leafsnail right now. It's five to hammer, so if Leafsnail's town the meowfia could quick hammer him right now, nyaa... Frightened kitty.

I suggest you both unvote and we show our suspicions with Fingers of Suspicion instead of actual votes until it's time to lynch? Pawlease?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 04, 2021, 06:24:32 pm »

Fine. Unvote.

Leafsnail.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 04, 2021, 06:29:26 pm »

Uh, there's two votes on Leafsnail right now. It's five to hammer, so if Leafsnail's town the meowfia could quick hammer him right now, nyaa... Frightened kitty.

I suggest you both unvote and we show our suspicions with Fingers of Suspicion instead of actual votes until it's time to lynch? Pawlease?

That is assuming Vector isn't mafia.

To note, there apparently is something with the hats, the fact they can be used in the daytime apparently. So getting the hat gives me the chance to use it. Likewise, you could use it. If I didn't just delay you from doing anything this phase. Hand, it, over.(Menacing.)

It's Lylo right now. And if Mafia were to make a sudden shift, well.

Buy Projectile Badge for self. -100 Pons

I've got three shots of time stop that plan cold.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 04, 2021, 06:30:50 pm »

The Dweller Mask can be only used at night, and, again: no.

Has everyone forgotten that I was literally cleared by an inspect?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 04, 2021, 06:39:09 pm »

Has everyone forgotten that I was literally cleared by an inspect?
Don't forget the whole meowess with Toaster's claimed meowfia result on IcyTea. IcyTea who we knyow is town. Because of that, we can't be certain that inspect results clear people, but we can use them as data points.

I got mew results from heydude, by the way. He's respawnsible fur guns, nya. He also would have been a valid Horseman of War. Nyo meowfiakill ability was turned up unfurtunately - I didn't see whatever ability he's been using to kill.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 04, 2021, 06:40:08 pm »

He's respawnsible fur guns, nya.
Clarify.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 122