Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111177 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3
« Reply #1305 on: January 03, 2021, 09:58:17 pm »

TricMagic: What did you do last night?

What did YOU do last night?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 03, 2021, 10:07:28 pm »

My night's action was to make two people unblockable, getting two weird Vector abilities in exchange. I thought there was another day, I need two abilities to give people double actions.

Wait: Why does making two people unblockable lead you to get two of my abilities?
I multi-targetted an ability trade. It can only go off when someone tries to block or redirect me, who was it?
I was wrong, and someone has now traded me back Leave Comment.
Whatever happened to sap your abilities wasn't from me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 03, 2021, 10:08:35 pm »

Does anyone want to see a funny Mewtube video? I swear this is relevant nya.

I think we nyeed to consider the pawsibility that heydude is purrforming the meowfiakill, just looking at who's died during the past two nyights.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 03, 2021, 10:16:16 pm »

That's a good point, FoU. I've been blocked both nights but I was cleared by ICT's inspect. Absent another townie claiming a block or redirect, and since we now know that there's a bog-standard scumteam, we can conclude that an NK is happening.

I was wrong, and someone has now traded me back Leave Comment.
Whatever happened to sap your abilities wasn't from me.

Yeah, I traded back Leave Comment. You definitely took my abilities.

You need to explain more: how did you know that you got those abilities from me? Who did you think you targeted? Who did you make unblockable, and why?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1309 on: January 03, 2021, 10:16:58 pm »

TricMagic: What did you do last night?

What did YOU do last night?

If you know, you know. If you don't. *shrugs*

But TricMagic is scummy to me right now. He said he used his leave a comment ability on Jim and  came out town. But when Jim died he came out Mafia. I try to read Jim's techs to see if there's some sort of scrambler alignment tech and there was none. So TricMagic is starting to look suspicious right now. I'll ask another question for him.

TricMagic: Did you leave a comment ability this night. If so, who did you investigated?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 03, 2021, 10:20:18 pm »

Buddy, it's LYLO and we're massclaiming.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 03, 2021, 10:23:22 pm »

Buddy, it's LYLO and we're massclaiming.

LYL¿Que?

What's that?

Anyways I got invited to a pizza party and was given an ability.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 03, 2021, 10:26:22 pm »

Eight people left, with three meowfia? (Since Jim is dead)

That's nyot LYLO, that's MYLO.

Still worth a massclaim, though.

(To the mew player: LYLO and MYLO are abbreviations for 'Lynch or Lose' and 'Mislynch and Lose'. It's MYLO right neow, which means if we lynch a town player, the meowfia will be able to kill someone and win.)

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 03, 2021, 10:26:54 pm »

LYLO means that if we fail to lynch scum today, we lose. Because this could be the last day of the game, everyone who hasn't explained their role and actions is sharing them in hope that it helps us find an inconsistency or a liar.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 03, 2021, 10:27:35 pm »

Yeah, we might still have a third party running around though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 03, 2021, 10:30:45 pm »

Technically speaking we could choose not to lynch since it's MYLO, but in that case, if two of us died tonyight instead of just one, we'd lose, so I think we're better off trying to find a meowfia player to lynch. (If there is a third pawty, then things get a bit rougher, don't they?)

My ears stand still as I focus, my tail flicking very slowly.

Anyways I have a funny Mewtube video for y'all to watch. I submitted this and a bunch of other stuff to be my role.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 03, 2021, 10:31:09 pm »

You need to explain more: how did you know that you got those abilities from me? Who did you think you targeted? Who did you make unblockable, and why?
I don't know I gained them from you, but their descriptions say they're stronger when you use them. I'd assumed you generated them for people and they were used as trade fodder.
I targeted Heydude6, with LucyOwl as a secondary that would trigger if someone tried to block me.
They're the best townie confirms we have, and I thought setting up unblockable double vig + unblockable double cop would basically be a win condition. If I could live long enough to set it up, at least.
They don't have double actions yet, only the unblockable part.
It's slightly more complicated than simply being unblockable, but that's the gist of it and I don't want to full claim it yet.

HeyDude6: Did you get my party?

The first game post mentions that Godzilla might show up on lylo/mylo. He's here now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 03, 2021, 10:45:26 pm »

Nyaaa~!

(I just used my special investigation pawer on Heydude. Seeing as he's killed twice the past mew Nights, I really wanna knyow if it's a Meowfiakill power he's using to do so)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 03, 2021, 10:46:04 pm »

LYLO means that if we fail to lynch scum today, we lose. Because this could be the last day of the game, everyone who hasn't explained their role and actions is sharing them in hope that it helps us find an inconsistency or a liar.

Got it. Well I'll do a full claim on how my SM worked.

So I used my SM on toaster before he was killed and what I got was 'algorithm'. Looking at Toaster's ability. I can see that there is no ability under the name 'algorithm' . So I can confirm that my SM only hint role and graft my ability to their role.

I sadly couldn't get my action in for the night.  My night ability allows me to protect anyone with the same alignment as me. My plan was to protect FOU for the night.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 03, 2021, 10:47:11 pm »

EBWOP: I misremembered, I ended up targetting LuckyOwl as the primary, since I wasn't sure Heydude6 had multiple kills.

It's slightly more complicated than simply being unblockable, but that's the gist of it and I don't want to full claim it yet.
I will now claim this, because the action's supposed to be immune to tampering.
I thought this carried over to the duplicate ability. If I didn't party with Heydude6, then it seems it still is.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 122