Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111104 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Start The Year Out A Head
« Reply #1245 on: January 02, 2021, 08:05:15 am »

Went back and checked, and that would be the Fast Hatter Badge. Bought with my pons, spent on the Hide. X-shot items are discarded when they run out of shots, so I won't have it in my flip either.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: January 02, 2021, 08:12:01 am »

Where did 4mask's Copy action come from?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1247 on: January 02, 2021, 08:18:26 am »

LuckyOwl, what was the ability you saw Nirur having? They deny they have an RNG power. What do you think of this?

My SM picked up 'misdelivery' it might not be under that name for him, but unlike 'hydraform' I actually got information on what it does. I will admit I'm unsure if this ability information might've been scrambled obscuring what his actual ability does. But if my SM hints role ability. Then there's hint that it's some sort of rng. With the name of ability, 'misdelivery' and that info "you target a random player with addition to your intended target."

So I'm adamant to say one of his ability has an RNG like effect.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: January 02, 2021, 08:33:48 am »

Pon~

-100 Pons for 1 No Bonk Badge, give to Vector.

Yeah, no way am I letting a suspected mafia member who jumped the wagon use a kill, action, and the mask. Also give me my mask back already Vector, you voting to try and flip the lynch is scummy as Dead Bird Studio.

Toaster. On first glace your role claim is negative. Doesn't change the fact you led to the death of a town either. And despite the fact that Jim's Scanner cleared me, you gave away the hat. Which means I won't get it on your death. Makes some sense if you are somehow town and don't believe me.

I vote just keep them around outside of them being a Mafia/Town balance that can be removed with no shift. Both balence against the mafia, and losing them could mean we lose at night when IcyTea dies.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: January 02, 2021, 08:35:29 am »

On the other hand, Dolores has me hat. I'd be in line for a modkill of them if it did not screw over the game and I had enough hats for it to matter, but Dolores can still give it to me. Getting burned out for a while makes sense with the crazy in this game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: January 02, 2021, 08:59:34 am »

I guess I'm going to break this up into a few posts.

So, if you would like to do me a favor and let me know if that is acceptable, or how you feel about this decision--preferably discretely, since y'all are playing Mafia--I'd greatly appreciate it.

I vote just keep them around outside of them being a Mafia/Town balance that can be removed with no shift. Both balence against the mafia, and losing them could mean we lose at night when IcyTea dies.

Webadict: B.
I doubt anyone's going to be ready to sub in after 100 pages.

Come on, guys.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 02, 2021, 09:00:22 am »

Where did 4mask's Copy action come from?

It was in 4mask's joint claim, but I was given the ability to do that D1, presumably through Luckyowl's day action.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 02, 2021, 09:01:52 am »

Do you know how 4mask had your alignment confirmed to them?
Both of our role PMs were posted in full in the quicktopic.

Thank you, that clarifies a lot for me actually.

Also, Vector, just sent in an action to give you an extra action tonight.

And thanks!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 02, 2021, 09:11:19 am »

I'll note there is also a large issue with the dweller mask, why do you still have it if there is a thief around?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 02, 2021, 09:12:40 am »

I'm going to backpedal a little. Absent other evidence, I prefer a Nirur Torir lynch (top) at the moment or Toaster (second).
Seriously? You prefer a lynch based on day reads and vague mechanical suspicions, when we appear to have two people one of whom must be scum hanging about? Or do you want to wait for IcyTea to die at the end of the day?

Interesting reaction, NJW. Consider it a growing respect for a player whose skill I increasingly estimate. Given what I know about Nirur Torir, I'm more sure that they're scum with the current evidence than that ICT is necessarily town. I think ICT is probably town.

Also, I'm making sure that if I get NKed, we don't just let Nirur Torir quietly lurk away in the background. If Toaster is scum, which I'm hoping they are, then that's just one component of the scumteam. Continuing to put pressure on someone else who is all but confirmed scum is not a bad thing!

Actually, I have a good idea. Wubba: Put a No Bonk Badge on Nirur Torir.

-100 Pons for 1 No Bonk Badge, give to Vector.

Thanks!

Yeah, no way am I letting a suspected mafia member who jumped the wagon use a kill, action, and the mask. Also give me my mask back already Vector, you voting to try and flip the lynch is scummy as Dead Bird Studio.

You do realize that I unvoted ICT, right? Regarding your other request: no.

(also, who/what is Dead Bird Studio)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 02, 2021, 09:14:20 am »

I'll note there is also a large issue with the dweller mask, why do you still have it if there is a thief around?

Here's some possibilities:
- WIFOM generation
- The thief is being replaced
- The thief wanted to steal something that somebody else had more
- The thief wanted to take a different day action

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 02, 2021, 09:19:08 am »

(also, who/what is Dead Bird Studio)

Looked it up. Hat in Time reference.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 02, 2021, 09:31:53 am »

I was discrete. Gave my opinion at exactly one point ~

I'm going to backpedal a little. Absent other evidence, I prefer a Nirur Torir lynch (top) at the moment or Toaster (second).
Seriously? You prefer a lynch based on day reads and vague mechanical suspicions, when we appear to have two people one of whom must be scum hanging about? Or do you want to wait for IcyTea to die at the end of the day?

Interesting reaction, NJW. Consider it a growing respect for a player whose skill I increasingly estimate. Given what I know about Nirur Torir, I'm more sure that they're scum with the current evidence than that ICT is necessarily town. I think ICT is probably town.
Even if you're only 50-50 on ICT vs Toaster being scum (and one of them almost definitely is), prefering a lynch on Nirur suggests a great deal of confidence that they're scum, as far as I understand it. I'm just asking: what gives you this level of confidence?

Like, do you have a case? I'm sure you have suspicions, most of us do, but have you assembled those into a coherent, convincing narrative where Nirur is scum?

PPE: I see you put a No Bonk badge on Nirur. Should I take this as a sign you don't want to lynch them today?

Ah, Tric, still trying to lynch anyone who won't give you a hat. Never change.
One wheel short of a wagon

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 02, 2021, 09:40:09 am »

I haven't created a case, no. I might later, *shrug*. All I'm saying is that I know what I think.

*sigh* No wonder I was driving Dolores nuts. Look, we have this information from LO implying a fakeclaim, we have the bandwagon vote on Toony, we have the last-to-roleclaim component, I have NT's meta. Is it a megapost? No, but I don't need a megapost, so I'm not making one. All I need right now is to make the scumteam nervous.

PPE: I see you put a No Bonk badge on Nirur. Should I take this as a sign you don't want to lynch them today?

Consider it insurance.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 02, 2021, 09:58:59 am »

Generally we are approaching the time for putting those No Bonk Badges on others.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 122