Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111124 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Fixed The Glitch
« Reply #1230 on: January 02, 2021, 02:50:14 am »

IcyTea isn't even voting Toaster.
I definitely should be. I checked, and I didn't unvote. Toaster
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Start The Year Out A Head
« Reply #1231 on: January 02, 2021, 02:51:27 am »

LuckyOwl, what was the ability you saw Nirur having? They deny they have an RNG power. What do you think of this?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 02, 2021, 02:54:21 am »

Something that gets to me is that we don't really know how LuckyOwl's inspection abilities work. They clearly exist, but it's a big mess - there's ability grafting involved, and a 'sqaud modifier', and maybe copying? Some more information on exactly how that works would be ideal, especially if we're going to be relying on or using it heavily.

Though I don't think a full role claim from them is needed yet, just some detail on what's getting them the information so we can put it into the proper context.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Fixed The Glitch
« Reply #1233 on: January 02, 2021, 02:56:26 am »

IcyTea isn't even voting Toaster.
I definitely should be. I checked, and I didn't unvote. Toaster
Uh.

If that's a moderator error, then Toaster might have just been retroactively hammered?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 02, 2021, 02:59:11 am »

OK: I should probably reread, because I feel like I'm getting to this point where I keep saying the same thing over and over and either I'm not communicating or I'm just missing big honking important parts of the plot. (I'm speaking specifically to the redirect thing. I'm sorry about that, the facts just aren't crunching right now).

@ICT: Thank you for clarifying this point about the auto. 4mask said that you had alignments confirmed to each other. Do you know how 4mask had your alignment confirmed to them?

Unvote.

I'm more satisfied now that ICT has confirmed Toaster wasn't redirected.

I would also like to know about the below:

Why are you so absolutely, incredibly certain that IcyTea31 is mafia? I feel like something is driving your case more than just your cop results.
Nirur your claim doesn't make sense to me. If you ability swapped it would have triggered before Juice's death. Death happens last in action processing and doesn't typically block actions. Looks like you slipped up.
You know, you make a very good point here.

Nirur Torir, what's up with this?

And agree that I would like to hear from Nirur Torir about the above ^.

LuckyOwl, what was the ability you saw Nirur having? They deny they have an RNG power. What do you think of this?

This is another good point.

I'm going to backpedal a little. Absent other evidence, I prefer a Nirur Torir lynch (top) at the moment or Toaster (second).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 02, 2021, 03:00:03 am »

Sorry for posting after a possible hammer. Guess we need to wait for Web to call it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 02, 2021, 03:04:39 am »

Ah, I figured it out.

It's not a moderator error.

When 4mask was daykilled, the votes were cleared, and IcyTea just forgot to add theirs back on.

So there wasn't a hammer, as far as I can tell.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 02, 2021, 03:12:02 am »

That's correct FoU, and as of the latest vote count plus the votes since it, there has not been a hammer. So everyone keep posting.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 02, 2021, 05:27:06 am »

I'm going to backpedal a little. Absent other evidence, I prefer a Nirur Torir lynch (top) at the moment or Toaster (second).
Seriously? You prefer a lynch based on day reads and vague mechanical suspicions, when we appear to have two people one of whom must be scum hanging about? Or do you want to wait for IcyTea to die at the end of the day?

Toaster, screw this crazy jump away from the person who insists that they scumread a confirmed mason. Right now, I'm wondering if they're a jester, but we'd better kill them in any case.

IcyTea: I meant a full claim involving rolenames, if that wasn't clear. You've partially claimed, in different places, without giving a rolename: if you're sure you're going to die, would be nice to know what it is. Might even clear up some of the stuff involving this "Hydraform" thing, confirm or indict LuckyOwl even.

Webadict: B.
I doubt anyone's going to be ready to sub in after 100 pages.
One wheel short of a wagon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 02, 2021, 05:38:40 am »

IcyTea: I meant a full claim involving rolenames, if that wasn't clear. You've partially claimed, in different places, without giving a rolename: if you're sure you're going to die, would be nice to know what it is. Might even clear up some of the stuff involving this "Hydraform" thing, confirm or indict LuckyOwl even.
No. We already know how much power role and ability names have in this game. Unless there's a good reason for you to know those in particular, all you need to know is what my abilities do. As for Luckyowl's thing: Yes, I do have an ability with the word "hydra" in its name. No, it's not named "Hydraform".

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 02, 2021, 06:06:56 am »

Do you know how 4mask had your alignment confirmed to them?
Both of our role PMs were posted in full in the quicktopic.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 02, 2021, 06:15:58 am »

No. We already know how much power role and ability names have in this game. Unless there's a good reason for you to know those in particular, all you need to know is what my abilities do. As for Luckyowl's thing: Yes, I do have an ability with the word "hydra" in its name. No, it's not named "Hydraform".
Ok, fine. So in full your claim is: masons with 4mask and you share the JoaT abilities and you have the weird thing where you resurrect twice if you die, but if he dies you die?

Not sure why you're so reluctant to put a rolename in the thread, if you think you're going to die tonight anyway, but you may know more than I. No big deal.

One wheel short of a wagon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: January 02, 2021, 06:33:46 am »

Ok, fine. So in full your claim is: masons with 4mask and you share the JoaT abilities and you have the weird thing where you resurrect twice if you die, but if he dies you die?
If I'm killed, I resurrect twice. It was actually my first question about Toony's contract, but the option was "die", not "be killed". Otherwise yes, that's my claim.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 02, 2021, 06:37:04 am »

Also, Vector, just sent in an action to give you an extra action tonight.

It was in 4mask's joint claim, but I was given the ability to do that D1, presumably through Luckyowl's day action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 02, 2021, 07:55:45 am »

There's something in 4mask's claim that isn't accounted for in either his roleflip or your claim.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 122