Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 110924 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Start The Year Out A Head
« Reply #1155 on: January 01, 2021, 09:17:47 am »

More missing it NQT. But then why were you voting him before?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 01, 2021, 10:16:39 am »

You've got the sequence of events muddled. Toaster claimed, I dropped a pressure on 4mask, then 4mask made his claims then 4mask died and now my vote is on Toaster. Make sense?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 01, 2021, 10:18:35 am »

Toaster. The combination of his claimed alignment inspection being wrong and his unexplained insistence on gunning for 4mask rather than ICT is very suspicious. Plus I'd invite everyone to look at his behaviour towards the end of day one - I'm really not sure his "No way Mafia NQT blows a LYLO breaker for no real reason on D1" logic makes any sense from the perspective of a townie.

Does anyone have a compelling reason to think a massclaim will give us anything actionable beyond what we already have? Claiming night one actions seems reasonable though.
Everyone: Why do you think they kill 4maskwolf?
Additionally: a mafia day kill doesn't really gel with a scum!toaster. Why would mafia undermine their own ploy with a 4mask flip? So either most likely:

- Toaster is town and mafia killed 4mask
- Toaster is mafia and some town(!) or third party killed 4mask (why??)
It could be a scum third party like a Serial Killer, or mafia might've just decided they needed to kill 4mask even if it would make Toaster look bad - killing two masons with one shot is very good value.

I'll admit I'm curious why Leafsnail decided to roleblock Vector last night.
I felt Vector was suspicious but also that she was flying under the radar. It seemed more likely she'd try to kill than the targets who were more openly suspected further up my list.
The last bit of mechanical information I have is relatively unexciting, heydude was targeted by ToonyMan, and only ToonyMan, last night.  I was waffling this morning over whether or not that meant anything and the jury's still out on that.
juicebox's ability let dead players use one more ability before they died for real. As far as I can tell this would have to be Leave Comment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 01, 2021, 11:32:47 am »

Heydude, why did you implicate Icytea in your Contract claim? What were you hoping to get out of it?

Vector, you asked me why Toony thought Heydude was lock town and he isn't, it's just that the way HD acted in relation to his contract looked more towny.

Not massively indicative but Toaster asked Wuba how many mafia-- mafia have an incentive to keep their exact numbers hidden. Small point in Toaster's favour.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Fixed The Glitch
« Reply #1159 on: January 01, 2021, 11:42:28 am »

Everyone's asking me basically the same things (understandable) so I'm just going to ball it up here.  If I missed a point, let me know.

Daykill:  If I had a daykill I would have just done it immediately and not bothered with claiming.

Anyway, I'm 99% sure that flip is fake and we'll see the real of the flip whenever IcyTea dies.  Why?  I didn't want to claim it at first, but the alignment inspect is limited because it's an add-on to the main part of the inspect; a partial role inspect.  The main role inspect involves the target choosing and revealing one of their role names* and one of their abilities.  The rolename I got was the #2 head to 4mask's hydra, and the ability he revealed was basically what he said that it was; that they know each other's role and alignment.  Said role name and ability specifically have 4mask's name in them, as well as their ability to share abilities and immunity to alignment conversion**.  As they claimed their connection D1 and no one counterclaimed it, I see no way I could have possibly hit anyone other than IcyTea.  Furthermore, they know this since they chose those abilities, and have revealed so in public:

I can confirm this, as you were not listed as actioning yourself.  I can also confirm that Toaster was not redirected or randomized, because he claimed to have actioned you and his claim is correct, we saw him visit you.

Open-and-shut fake inspect. He clearly performed an ability-inspect on me and happened upon the one that would mean a double-mislynch.

Because he's TMI'd.  Because what he used on Icy was a role inspection, not an alignment inspection, and he knows how Icy's autos work.  Because he may not have read it closely, much like we didn't at the start of the game, and assumed it was much scarier than it actually was.

Go ahead, Toaster, why don't you share with the class what you've learned.

Given that IcyTea is the #2 head, I assumed it'd be wiser to hit the main body first.  I don't have any actual confirmation of that, but with 4mask claiming as such, I was only ever more sure.  Again, I don't have any actual confirmation of that, so I still say we lynch IcyTea to be sure.

*Yes, ONE OF their role names.  Web confirmed that people can have more than one role name.  I believe Fallacy has claimed this happening to him.

**I find it quite interesting that scum would be alignment conversion immune.  Worth keeping in mind.

Other notes:

IcyTea:
Locktown core (mechanical):
4maskwolf
notquitethere
Vector

How would Vector be mechanically confirmed?

Vector:
I agree, it's massclaim time.

The only objection I have to this is that we're actually a scum down and 4mask's real role will flip whenever Icy dies (I assume.)

If I'm destined for a lynch, I'd be willing to full claim, but I don't know much else useful.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 01, 2021, 12:44:35 pm »

Anyway it's pretty clear if Toaster flips scum then Jim is on the same team. He followed onto 4mask and then subbed out of the game when his move was shown to be bad. Classic case of not wanting to have to climb out of the shit pit you just jumped into.

I was just being unobservant before. Now I've reread the thread, 4mask clearly lays out the rationale for targeting him over ICT with the asymetric death lover mechanic.

Nirur, can you confirm LuckyOwl's inspect? Do you have an RNG-type ability? Who did you target with what last night? All but two players have claimed their N1 actions now.

heydude, who did you target last night?

Tric, specifically, what comment did you make on Jim's role?

This isn't a good look for Leafsnail. Look at him instantly trying to discredit an inspect:
If it can be affected then I give no weight at all to the inspection result, any number of possible scum roles (eg any redirection/bussing ability) could interfere with it and they knew it was happening.

It's fine to be sceptical, but saying it has 'no weight' is a strong discrediting.

Dolores
Sure, but I both don't fully understand or buy into this.
It seems pretty elementary to me. Non-mafia are almost universally killed on D1 on this forum because a minority lynch forms and the game just stumbles into mislynches. This is mostly because of lack of co-ordination in a low-info environment. Scum take advantage of this all the time. The Toony wagon fit this pattern: a minority lynch emerging near the end of D1, which was looking to roll ahead if no one actively interceded. Do you understand now?

Vector
put on the Dweller Mask. I was blocked and didn't gain any actions.
Did your mask-donning also get blocked or just your basic action?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 01, 2021, 01:04:56 pm »

Jim Groovester / Legendary Exterminator / Town.
In this manner If I had his role right he would likely be converted to town. If he was town he'd probably gain useful gear and a kill. If it was exactly right nothing would have happened. Jim is probably annoyed I outed his role name with a freaking guess though, but that's the break when we just came off the last game and I thought him SK before.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 01, 2021, 01:08:44 pm »

Tric
In this manner If I had his role right he would likely be converted to town. If he was town he'd probably gain useful gear and a kill. If it was exactly right nothing would have happened. Jim is probably annoyed I outed his role name with a freaking guess though, but that's the break when we just came off the last game and I thought him SK before.
This is either incoherently expressed or unbelievable. Are you saying that you randomly guessed Jim's exact role name?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 01, 2021, 01:13:23 pm »

I've been tallying up all the claims. Everyone, did I miss any?

Spoiler: Claims v1 (click to show/hide)

Outstanding unclaimed actions
- Someone blocked FOU. as Dolores claims their action on them would have been hard countered, so if that's right, then someone else must have targeted FOU.
- Someone killed Juicebox (probably the mafia). Neither Nirur Torir or heydude have claimed.
- Someone daykilled 4mask

Additionally:
- Toaster's latest claim is very inventive, I'm looking forward to seeing ICT's response. Either 4mask+ICT are scum with a fake role reveal ability or Toaster is scum. Having a scum-ally flip town on death is a powerful ability but not inconceivable.
- If Toaster flips scum, 4mask, Vector, ICT and NQT are lock town.
- Jim refused to recognise NQT's action on them which definitely went through and should have been clearly known to them. There's little in the role claims to allow for it going awry, so Jim is probably lying.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 01, 2021, 01:17:21 pm »

Tric
This is either incoherently expressed or unbelievable. Are you saying that you randomly guessed Jim's exact role name?

I mean, if you read that game, that is what he called himself when buying into the epilogue that has yet to happen. If he was SK, and Item Magnet is suited to stealing gear used on me, would not an Legendary Exterminator be a possible role name he sent in? The existence of gear, both with the mask and the badge, suggests it more likely than not, and his gameplay supported my suspicion. Also I'm hat kid, I thought we went over that NQT? You are being awfully active after 4mask got murdered.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 01, 2021, 01:23:30 pm »

To note, why would Vector be able to steal hats? Dweller Mask isn't the hat I had. He could be, but not guaranteed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #1166 on: January 01, 2021, 01:27:31 pm »

Also, let's not forget LuckyOwl saw that IcyTea has a Hydra-flavored ability, which he then denied.

IcyTea31: Could you explain what your Hydraform ability do? You don't have to go in details just give us a skeletal overview on it. You said it can help both Mafia and town. If that's correct, in what way can it help town? In what way can it help Mafia?

I don't have an ability by that name.

This also put you in a spotlight because I gave you a copy of my ability ontop of your 'hydraform' which I already said many post ago.
Ah, I see what's happened. You copied one of my abilities, but it was renamed in the process. "Hydraform" must be just some random name webadict gave it so you wouldn't get too much information about my role. Presumably, your version of the ability you gave me isn't named after song lyrics?

Hydras grow new heads; not sure if that means extra lives or no, but I'd feel way safer if we nipped the IcyTea problem in the bud right now.

LuckyOwl:  What can you tell us about this Hydraform?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 01, 2021, 01:41:37 pm »

... Toaster, you don't get to play it cool. As it stands, you need to die. If Icytea is alive tomorrow so be it, we can lynch them then.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: January 01, 2021, 01:45:23 pm »

Tric
I mean, if you read that game, that is what he called himself when buying into the epilogue that has yet to happen.
What game? What epilogue? What??

If he was SK, and Item Magnet is suited to stealing gear used on me, would not an Legendary Exterminator be a possible role name he sent in?
There are infinite possible names he could have sent in. How could you possibly think that you guessed the right one?

The existence of gear, both with the mask and the badge, suggests it more likely than not, and his gameplay supported my suspicion. Also I'm hat kid, I thought we went over that NQT? You are being awfully active after 4mask got murdered.
I know you said you were a hat kid, I wasn't denying that. Why do you think I was? Also, in replying to me, you're being exactly as active. Being active isn't any kind of scum tell. And 4mask died literally 12 hours ago when I was asleep. So this is just a bizarre thing to accuse me of.

To note, why would Vector be able to steal hats? Dweller Mask isn't the hat I had. He could be, but not guaranteed.
It was a guess. Vector said they had a hat which they tried to put on N1. If it wasn't your hat, Vector what's the story with the mask?

Good spot about the hydra question. ICT, why did you respond to Owl like that?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 01, 2021, 01:55:23 pm »

... I said day one I had the Sprint Hat, which would intercept actions. The Dweller Mask grant items. However, using it instead of your own action is extremely fishy. I'm the only one who can use them to their full potential. DM meanwhile gives you 1 random tech, badge, or gun. If you have an ally like mafia do, it is absolutely perfect as you can trade the tech or gun during the day. If you are alone, it's complete rng that wastes a night action. I I had the Mask last night, I wouldn't be down any actions, as I can us 2 additional hat actions. Using gear isn't an issue either. Had I the sprint hat and ice hat, I could perform a protect that wouldn't kill me. If the time hat was used, one could delay Icytea's death depending on how his lover effect works.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 122