Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111136 times)

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Fixed The Glitch
« Reply #1080 on: December 31, 2020, 04:26:31 pm »

You should be able to infer this (I should be able to infer this) by the fact that there aren't 2-3 40kchar wot cases finished at this point but I think if I'm at all honest I've been out most of the day already

Also, can't quote mod is a dumb rule. This is the actual wording
(Information - Status) Temporarily Mountainous: Uh oh. Looks like you have no role for a bit. Luckily, no one can target you while this is true.
I never pm'd wuba for details

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 31, 2020, 04:28:03 pm »

Anything happen to you last night Jim? Also if you trust them that much, use a gun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 31, 2020, 04:29:52 pm »

Vector:
I'd be good on a massclaim of night actions/roles at this point. I think that knowing if Toaster was redirected, or having scum's fake actions on record, would be very valuable right around now.

I have good reason to believe I was not redirected; the same reason that I say we should lynch 4mask over IcyTea.  For the record (I didn't mention this earlier in case one of them claimed miller) I targeted IcyTea.

NJW:
I also actioned Vector last night.
I see. Thank you for sharing that with the town.
As people seem to be claiming around this, what was your action, Toaster?
[/quote]

It was a protect.  I found (and as of now still do) find her reasonably townie, and thought Vector's seniority made for a likely mafiakill target.

Dolores:
Toaster
You were obviously aware of the ToonyMan cases:
Why here and not here?
Is there a compelling reason you didn't comment on any of them, even though they were the core part of the later-D1 play of ~5 players?

Simple: I didn't have a solid opinion of ToonyMan myself.  I am not physically capable of holding evolving opinions on 15 players.  D1 means to me I focus on anything that sticks out to me, and Toony didn't make that list at any early point.  Once he became center of attention, I did a quick once-over and didn't see much that stood out to me.

4mask:
The fact that Toaster doesn't hesitate for even a second to accept this as fact is pretty telling.  Nobody who truly has a redpeek would accept this at face value rather than see it as a scummy, WIFOMY weasel, especially when he's challenged us to our faces on everything else so far.

Except it's irrelevant in the end.  If it's true that you both die, cool.  If it's false, oh well, we lynch Icy D3. 

Jim:
I have a hard time thinking scum Toaster is bold enough to try to push this as a fake claim.

Thanks?

Dolores:
You should be able to infer this (I should be able to infer this) by the fact that there aren't 2-3 40kchar wot cases finished at this point but I think if I'm at all honest I've been out most of the day already

Also, can't quote mod is a dumb rule. This is the actual wording
[redacted]
I never pm'd wuba for details

Uhhh...

NOTE: Remember that posting things as though they are official is skirting too close to quoting. You are free to paraphrase your role, abilities, and information, but please avoid the use of an official format, if it can be helped.

I'm not Web but that's probably over the line.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 31, 2020, 04:33:19 pm »

NJW:
I also actioned Vector last night.
I see. Thank you for sharing that with the town.
As people seem to be claiming around this, what was your action, Toaster?

It was a protect.  I found (and as of now still do) find her reasonably townie, and thought Vector's seniority made for a likely mafiakill target.

4mask:
The fact that Toaster doesn't hesitate for even a second to accept this as fact is pretty telling.  Nobody who truly has a redpeek would accept this at face value rather than see it as a scummy, WIFOMY weasel, especially when he's challenged us to our faces on everything else so far.

Except it's irrelevant in the end.  If it's true that you both die, cool.  If it's false, oh well, we lynch Icy D3. 

Jim:
I have a hard time thinking scum Toaster is bold enough to try to push this as a fake claim.

Thanks?

[/quote]

If it' false and 4mask is town, you are dead. If I had a way to shoot you myself, I would do so. A Vector/Toaster team seems more likely to me. You could have just passed the hat to them, and that is what was picked up, not a protect action.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 31, 2020, 04:36:44 pm »

It's relevant if you're town and don't want to perform a freaking double mislynch, just in case the cop is mistaken in a role madness game. But since you're not town, I can see why you'd think it irrelevant.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 31, 2020, 04:42:53 pm »

Anything happen to you last night Jim? Also if you trust them that much, use a gun.

Jim, engage. You don't just get to place a vote and leave like that, I'm not using those walls of text you dislike.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 31, 2020, 04:44:49 pm »

Well, dolores replacing out and Jim likely replacing out changes things a bit. I'm still putting together my case on Jim (I expect I'll have a long post on it within half an hour to one and a half hours), but I'll likely extend some temporary leniency to his successor if he does end up replacing out.

The fact that Toaster's pushing a lynch on 4maskwolf based on a claimed cop result, without a behavior case to back it up, and with Jim backing him up definitely doesn't endear me to him, however.

Additionally.

Toaster TMI'd something critically important.  I wish it had stayed hidden from the scum longer, but it means we no longer have to keep some things secret.

If I die, IcyTea dies.  It's one of the tradeoffs for our very powerful roles.  This is why Toaster is willing to stick his neck out to challenge the masonclaim, and why he wants me lynched before IcyTea.  My flip would confirm Icy, but by then it would already be too late.

The inverse, for the record, is not true: Icytea can die without killing me, though it does weaken me somewhat.

If we must lynch one of the mason pair, it should be IcyTea, and if Toaster was town he'd be willing to switch to IcyTea to keep a townie alive if it turns out his result/case were wrong.

Jim, engage. You don't just get to place a vote and leave like that, I'm not using those walls of text you dislike.
I should probably get around to making a readslist, too, if only to update my shifting reads (I previously saw Toaster as neutral and Tric as third-party, for example).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 31, 2020, 04:47:16 pm »

Well, Toaster has put all the chips on the table he'd like to, I suppose it's only fair that I put up mine.

IcyTea and I, collectively, are a Super-JOAT.  We have a metric fuckton of basic one-shots between the two of us and possess the ability to use each others actions as if they are our own.  Yesterday, IcyTea was gifted a day-action ability that allowed him to give someone an extra night action, and we used it on each other.  Last night IcyTea used our Watch on Heydude (we can confirm he was targeted by Toonyman, among other things) and our Alignment Inspect in NQT (peeks as town).  I used our Copy action to copy IcyTea's actions onto Vector, receiving an inspection result (town) and watch results (Toaster, among others).  We also privately purchased a fast-hatter badge and I used a hide at P0 to duck any nightkills that might kill us both and prevent us from providing our results come day.  This is also, to answer your earlier question dolores, why I had NQT and Vector so high on my town list: I don't 100% trust peeks in a role madness game, but until I have further information I'm willing to treat both as town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 31, 2020, 04:57:12 pm »

This does mean that Toaster dying to a daykill is more important since the badge shop is open during the day. I can easily buy another Fast Hatter badge if Toaster is Scum and gift it to them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 31, 2020, 04:58:10 pm »

Thinking on it, why Scan me? Were you looking for a third party role?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 31, 2020, 05:11:38 pm »

But you have an easy time thinking I and 4mask would be bold enough to fakeclaim mason?

I don't have an easy time thinking that either. But I have yours and 4maskwolf's claims, which are gutsy to fake claim as scum, but I also have Toaster's claim which is also gutsy to fake claim as scum.

The bold, gutsy plays cancel each other out so it comes back down to my reads on both of you and I slightly favor Toaster over both of you.

Not that I'm aware of.

Knock it off.

Thinking on it, why Scan me? Were you looking for a third party role?

To confirm that I thought you were worth lynching or to prove otherwise.

Vector:
I'd be good on a massclaim of night actions/roles at this point. I think that knowing if Toaster was redirected, or having scum's fake actions on record, would be very valuable right around now.

I have good reason to believe I was not redirected; the same reason that I say we should lynch 4mask over IcyTea.  For the record (I didn't mention this earlier in case one of them claimed miller) I targeted IcyTea.

So why are you pushing for 4maskwolf instead of the player you actually inspected?

Well, dolores replacing out and Jim likely replacing out changes things a bit. I'm still putting together my case on Jim (I expect I'll have a long post on it within half an hour to one and a half hours), but I'll likely extend some temporary leniency to his successor if he does end up replacing out.

I'm not gone yet. I haven't made up my mind yet but that's not a reason to let up on me anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 31, 2020, 05:14:22 pm »

webadict: If a Recruit ability and a Hide have the same priority, which one wins?
Typically, I favor protective abilities before aggressive ones. In this case, the Hide would hold out. I think in future games, I will swap that, though.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 31, 2020, 05:16:38 pm »

Vector:

So why are you pushing for 4maskwolf instead of the player you actually inspected?
Because he's TMI'd.  Because what he used on Icy was a role inspection, not an alignment inspection, and he knows how Icy's autos work.  Because he may not have read it closely, much like we didn't at the start of the game, and assumed it was much scarier than it actually was.

Go ahead, Toaster, why don't you share with the class what you've learned.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 31, 2020, 05:18:34 pm »

The bold, gutsy plays cancel each other out so it comes back down to my reads on both of you and I slightly favor Toaster over both of you.
Would you like to explain your read on Toaster? You haven't interacted with him since RVS.

ICT: anyone you disagree with being in my towncore? I'm looking for thoughts specifically on NJW, though obviously the others if you also disagree with those.
I disagree with some points, but my current read list involves mechanical knowledge I'm not yet ready to publish.
With the full claim out, here it is.

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 31, 2020, 05:28:33 pm »

So I suppose Leave Comment did nothing Legendary Exterminator? I'd expect you to have a daykill tool somewhere in that box of yours, and I'd rather be sure of Toaster through roleflip before going to down 4maskwolf due to mason.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 122