Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111456 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Fixed The Glitch
« Reply #1065 on: December 31, 2020, 03:16:48 pm »

A lot.
That probably means it was someone else for me, because ToonyMan definitely visited you. In that case, that someone else can now confirm our mason claim, because the "choice" was to reveal my role name and one of my abilities to them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 31, 2020, 03:17:15 pm »

It also prevents the player with the status from being targeted. Unlike WaHH, this doesn't explicitly say 'by abilities'. The ability which applies the status is P1, which I guess is why the crown was placed on FoU by juicebox successfully (also P1)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 31, 2020, 03:18:27 pm »

It also prevents the player with the status from being targeted. Unlike WaHH, this doesn't explicitly say 'by abilities'. The ability which applies the status is P1, which I guess is why the crown was placed on FoU by juicebox successfully (also P1)
So it's essentially a fancy jailkeep.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 31, 2020, 03:19:09 pm »

Who did you try and give fries to?
Notquitethere, IcyTea, Jim, and heydude. In retrospect, Toaster would probably have been a better pick for the fourth choice.

Since it's Day 2 and people are probably wondering what drives me to give fries to people, well let me tell you... It's a secret~

(Just kidding.)

Basically, my non-fry actions are buffed in relation to players that have fries. There's a bunch of mechanics tied up with that which I won't be disclosing yet, but I benefit both by frying players I'm suspicious of and players I want to investigate.

N1 I used [REDACTED] on FoU, which applies a status which makes you have no role until the end of the next dayphase.
Well, about that...

Turns out one of my auto-abilities hard-counters that effect.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 31, 2020, 03:20:22 pm »

So it's essentially a fancy jailkeep.
Pretty sure it doesn't stop mafscum from killing, since unlike WaHH it doesn't say it prevents you from acting.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 31, 2020, 03:22:35 pm »

webadict: If a Recruit ability and a Hide have the same priority, which one wins?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 31, 2020, 03:23:20 pm »

Sorry, should have made that bigger.

webadict, see above.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 31, 2020, 03:29:52 pm »

If a Recruit ability and a Hide have the same priority, which one wins?
4mask asked me to explain why I'm asking this: I think juicebox was (in effect) either an arsonist or a cult leader, depending on whether the "ability" granted by Crown also gives a new wincon.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 31, 2020, 03:30:44 pm »

If a Recruit ability and a Hide have the same priority, which one wins?
4mask asked me to explain why I'm asking this: I think juicebox was (in effect) either an arsonist or a cult leader, depending on whether the "ability" granted by Crown also gives a new wincon.
I also think this is a really bad theory since we can see juice's flip and do not endorse this theory.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 31, 2020, 03:32:58 pm »

I'd also like to note that my win condition does not have any sign of being altered, and wuba's pattern is to have cults fall apart when the leader dies, anyways.

Do you think your theory is probable, IcyTea?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 31, 2020, 03:34:00 pm »

Do you think your theory is probable, IcyTea?
Improbable but easily falsified.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 31, 2020, 03:39:58 pm »

Well I guess it's worth analyzing and checking at the very least. Cults are scary.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 31, 2020, 03:49:28 pm »

Wincon: You must Crown a Horseman Of Famine, a Horseman Of Pestilence, and a Horseman Of War. You will be told when a potential Horseman dies, and which Horseman they could have been. If all Horsemen of a single type die before one has been Crowned or if you Crown all remaining Horsemen, you are removed from the game.
(Auto) Death’s On Vacation: While you are alive, other players no longer die normally. Instead, players that die will become Wayward Souls for one Phase instead, and have access to a unique ability based on their role. You also gain access to Soul Chat, put you are unable to post in it.
(1-Shot, Day) Not Today [target/self]: If the target would be Lynched today, a No Lynch occurs instead. You may only use this if you are the Horseman of Death.
{P-1} (Night) Crown: Choose a player. If that player embodies one of the Horsemen, they gain an additional power. You win if all three other Horsemen have been Crowned. This ability cannot be removed, and other players cannot gain this ability.

Yours may not have been altered, but his wincon was crowing all four. Though doubt it interferes with other wincons, so..

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 31, 2020, 04:17:47 pm »

I'm going to be visiting family over the weekend so I doubt I'll be able to participate that much. Also, I'm actually on vacation, so come Monday, I'll be back at work where I will have even more difficulty keeping up with all you young whippersnappers. I'm waffling on replacing out because I can barely keep up with this game even living like a NEET glued to my computer right now.

Jim, you can confirm my night action, can't you?

I can confirm what now?

Everyone

I think we should induce a highly suspicious player who doesn't have a confirmable night action to take this badge by the end of the day:

Items can be traded as an action (if I remember correctly) so there's no reason to induce a scummy player to get one when you could buy one and just give it to somebody you suspect.

Speaking of IcyTea and 4maskwolf, IcyTea and by extension 4maskwolf are mafia.  I have reason to suspect we should lynch 4maskwolf first and IcyTea tomorrow (or better yet someone shoot him at night.)
I had a limited inspect I thought would be great to use on one of them as a two-for-one deal.  I got a nice big red mafia result.  I'm 100% not going to sit on that kind of result.

That's interesting. Also bold as fucking hell if a fake claim.

I have a hard time thinking scum Toaster is bold enough to try to push this as a fake claim.

Toaster reads better to me anyway. 4maskwolf.

I'd be good on a massclaim of night actions/roles at this point. I think that knowing if Toaster was redirected, or having scum's fake actions on record, would be very valuable right around now.

Everybody knows what I did. I have another action that lets me generate BYOR flavored Paranormal tech that I also used during N1.

Rereading the thread, or trying to...

General thoughts at start of day: disappointed and remorseful about the Toonyman flip, not sure what to think about the Juicebox thing, glad there are roleflips now (not sure why there should be, perhaps someone modified a role with comments).

Expressing remorse makes me suspicious of you. It's not a productive sentiment for a town player to express.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 31, 2020, 04:24:35 pm »

I have a hard time thinking scum Toaster is bold enough to try to push this as a fake claim.
But you have an easy time thinking I and 4mask would be bold enough to fakeclaim mason?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 122