Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111194 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #780 on: December 29, 2020, 06:44:43 pm »

Toaster
Quote from: Toaster link=topic=177586.msg8228760#msg8228760
Where are you getting the last two votes, though?  Jim and I would put Leafsnail at 6.  Tric?
someone would have to swap off the Toony wagon, yes.

More than anything, I want people to know they're not getting away with just drifting into this. This lynch is an active choice.

So are the votes that remain on me. I'm voting ToonyMan based on my read and the fact he is the only other choice other than no lynching. They are voting me... Not sure why, but it is there business. Stuff like that is what day 2 is for, questioning votes and why you made that choice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 29, 2020, 06:46:28 pm »

More than anything, I want people to know they're not getting away with just drifting into this. This lynch is an active choice.
I don't know if NQT is town or not, but he's right about voting at day end.

ToonyMan
What's the point of a claim so close to the line that nobody can examine your claim or articulate a new case? Just to get someone to panick unvote before the deadline and waste the D1 lynch?
Because I'm town you doofus.

It's Day 1, I don't want a circus show where scum identify a bunch of town players for free. If the circus wheels stops on me then so be it, this stops other hapless town from full-claiming.

I don't expect to survive after claiming, that's the entire point.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 29, 2020, 06:46:53 pm »

I'm switching to Leafsnail. I was expecting Toony to jump harder than he did and I got the responses I needed from everyone else on the wagon.

We don't have good data on Leafsnail, but I have quite literally never seen him act like this unless he was scum. Ever. I've seen Toony act a little bit like this as town and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's stayed calm.

I think our time only overlapped in the sense that you were running Iron Diadem when I joined, I don't think we ever actually played together.

Also, I'm pretty sure that by this game's standards I'm still technically a noob.

Ah yes. LOL. *reverses apology* I REGRET NOTHING
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 29, 2020, 06:47:47 pm »

Toaster
Quote from: Toaster link=topic=177586.msg8228760#msg8228760
Where are you getting the last two votes, though?  Jim and I would put Leafsnail at 6.  Tric?
someone would have to swap off the Toony wagon, yes.
So are the votes that remain on me. I'm voting ToonyMan based on my read and the fact he is the only other choice other than no lynching. They are voting me... Not sure why, but it is there business. Stuff like that is what day 2 is for, questioning votes and why you made that choice.
This isn't true.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 29, 2020, 06:47:51 pm »

Tric, that's not true. Check the vote count. You're currently choosing to lynch Toony over Leafsnail. Your head's not on the block right now.

Dolores, search "lurked tracker" in the thread, it'll take you 5 mins to read all of Leafsnails posts. Then see if you think Toony is a better call.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 29, 2020, 06:51:46 pm »

With Vector's switch, it's now

Leafsnail 5
Toony 6

Just one switch off or two off wagon votes and it switches. Everyone in the thread is making this active choice for the lynch.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 29, 2020, 06:52:20 pm »

Tric, that's not true. Check the vote count. You're currently choosing to lynch Toony over Leafsnail. Your head's not on the block right now.

Dolores, search "lurked tracker" in the thread, it'll take you 5 mins to read all of Leafsnails posts. Then see if you think Toony is a better call.

I'm voting them over Leafsnail cause I believe he is mafia. Leafsnail doesn't give me any real info. Or anyone else. Trying to shift the vote to them is suspect as Day 2 is going to be nearly as exhausting as day 1. I'd take a self-lynch over a leaf-lynch. At least town would get info out of that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 29, 2020, 06:55:38 pm »

I'm voting them over Leafsnail cause I believe he is mafia. Leafsnail doesn't give me any real info. Or anyone else. Trying to shift the vote to them is suspect as Day 2 is going to be nearly as exhausting as day 1. I'd take a self-lynch over a leaf-lynch. At least town would get info out of that.

I'd love to hear development on why it's scummy, and specifically who is scummy in this instance.

That said, fine.

Leafsnail.

He's had his chance to post.  I'd still rather hang Tric but I'm obviously not getting my way there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 29, 2020, 06:56:37 pm »

Then see if you think Toony is a better call.
I've read them all. I don't there's really anything defenisble there. I also don't think that it's not impossible to get something out of Leafsnail that'll give a better read of his alignment. Follow up with it all. I've got answered replies to leafsnail. You should have unaswered questions to leafsnail, but I'm not really seeing much of that. The case on leafsnail is stronger but not fundamentally more compelling than the case on e.g. NQT. In neither case do I think it's based on a very definitive read of the player, and I'd want them both to develop before I throw out a case which was fully formed almost 40 hours before the deadline, which the accused with has interacted with repeatedly, and which hasn't lost any validity.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 29, 2020, 06:57:22 pm »

It doesn't help that Leafsnail would oppose their lynch on principle given his vote is stuck on me. Just cause you were nice is a case for you buddying the one who looked like they could have been lynched. And with Mason IT I'm missing at least 1 suspect.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 29, 2020, 06:58:49 pm »

It doesn't help that Leafsnail would oppose their lynch on principle given his vote is stuck on me. Just cause you were nice is a case for you buddying the one who looked like they could have been lynched. And with Mason IT I'm missing at least 1 suspect.
Unironically what are you even saying right now?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 29, 2020, 06:59:41 pm »

Hey: the votes are currently tied. Is that what you want?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 29, 2020, 06:59:56 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 -
dolores - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
IcyTea31 - 1 - Luckyowl*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
juicebox - 0 -
Leafsnail - 6 - notquitethere*, ToonyMan*, juicebox*, Vector*, FallacyofUrist*, Toaster*,
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 6 - 4maskwolf*, Nirur Torir*, TricMagic*, dolores*, NJW2000*, IcyTea31*,
TricMagic - 2 - Leafsnail*, Jim Groovester*,
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - heydude6*,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 29, 2020 at 19:00 CST (1 hours and 0 minutes remaining.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 29, 2020, 07:00:32 pm »

I'd be super interested in hearing what Heydude has to say on the current situation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 29, 2020, 07:01:02 pm »

Unironically what are you even saying right now?

Believing me not to be mafia is not in itself a pass for scrutiny. And NQT' current action is suspicious. Why such fervor in keeping ToonyMan alive?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 122