Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111419 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #705 on: December 29, 2020, 12:22:14 pm »

... Well, that sucks a bit. So powerless but for guessing.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 29, 2020, 01:30:15 pm »

PFP

We were saving this in case Icy’s early game shenanigans got him in too much hot water, but since the wagons have moved on we’ve agreed to claim D1 to prevent WIFOM.

Icy tea and I are masons.

Well this is an interesting claim. This would be quite the risky gambit for scum, indeed, but I could see it happening. This claim is definitely going to warrant more scrutiny in any case.

I find dolores' case on Toonyman to be quite compelling, and I think that the fact that Toonyman hasn't really made an effort to defend themself is also telling. I'm going to wait for Toonyman to claim until I vote, but I am fine with a Toonyman lynch here.

I'd still like to see more from Leafsnail. Hopefully they'll be done with all of their other obligations by the time D2 comes around.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 29, 2020, 01:44:38 pm »

juicebox: Which of ToonyMan or TricMagic would you prefer as a lynch? Your vote on Leafsnail isn't doing a lot right now (unless we get a classic end-of-day shuffle).
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 29, 2020, 02:33:39 pm »

Okay I'm here today.

I'm not claiming unless I'm about to die. I'd rather be dead then have mafia know my role tomorrow.

Yes we'll probably just go to the deadline today, I'm fine with that. I don't think I can make a compelling case and a lot of people hate me. I want TricMagic lynched instead today for being the complete opposite of me: not being active, giving up, playing against town's wishes, not being town. I don't think this will happen because TricMagic made the gigantic brain move to stop posting and give up after being the lynch candidate on Sunday. I should have done the same.

More after I read the thread. Fuck this pon I don't think anyone deserves it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 29, 2020, 02:37:58 pm »

Fuck this pon I don't think anyone deserves it.
Your mindset is not about a town win.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 29, 2020, 03:00:01 pm »

Fuck this pon I don't think anyone deserves it.
Your mindset is not about a town win.
I literally don't know who to give my 100 pon to. The active players are all morons and the long-time players are sidelining or lurking. Who do you suggest then?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 29, 2020, 03:05:42 pm »

Is there some reason you don't want to give it to the guy your ability supposedly confirmed as town?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 29, 2020, 03:12:17 pm »

Toony, say you were lynched and flip town. Who was voting you for the worst reasons?
Vector and TricMagic are voting me for the worst reasons, although there are other players who would vote me if it wouldn't put me at L-1 since I'm at L-2 currently.

Vector knows better and is using my lynch to her advantage, she's framing my actions incorrectly as scum.
TricMagic is voting me because he doesn't care at all.

I think IcyTea and 4mask are likely town masons and are just wrong. Heydude isn't voting me but I'm almost certain he can't be mafia either. This would clear all three of them.

Unsure about dolores and NJW2000. I'm going to keep pairing them together because I feel like their actions are in parallel. Their reasoning is correct sometimes but I don't know if it's because they're town or mafia.

As for people that aren't voting me:

I'm incredibly suspicious of you (NQT), Jim, and Leafsnail for sidelining as long-time players. I think some of you are okay with my lynch because you know I'm not mafia.

I also find Toaster's accusations of IcyTea and 4mask interesting, Toaster comes off as incredibly suspicious to me if IcyTea/4mask are legit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 29, 2020, 03:14:39 pm »

A ToonyMan lynch is dumb.

This is about the laziest, most groupthink lynch I think I've seen on this board.

I've only really read Vector's case on ToonyMan (couldn't be bothered to read anybody else's) and it's punishing ToonyMan for making himself available for people to pick at. ToonyMan is 115% correct that he should've done a disappearing act like TricMagic instead of what he did do, which was do well-intentioned town play. Did he play perfectly? Doubtful. Did he try? Yes.

I think that the fact that Toonyman hasn't really made an effort to defend themself is also telling.

Did you read the thread? (I did, but not closely.)

ToonyMan spent most of yesterday defending himself.

Previously I've read him of suspicious, but I'm not actually going to vote him right now. It's nine to hammer, and anyone could kill the Day right then and there if I moved to Toony. Given what Jim Groovester's said about wanting a hammer, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he switched immediately. I want to see what he (Toony) has to say.

Hammering hours before the day end is not the time reduction I was looking for.

Also ToonyMan is a terrible lynch so I wouldn't hammer him.

Toaster: I thought I was pretty transparent yesterday on the fact that I was stalling on Jim until I saw more of him, but I guess not. It’s a moot point anyway because we’ve got less than 12 hours left in the day and I have zero confidence Jim will decide to engage with the game.

Your confidence is well placed.

Okay so you suspect me because I'm lazy and disengaged (which I will readily concede) but also because I gave crap to the people who were calling out 'lurkers' for activity two hours after the game started.

Firstly, that had nothing to do with you, and secondly, that doesn't make much sense to me, and thirdly, I'm never doing anything nice for you ever again.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 29, 2020, 03:15:55 pm »

Is there some reason you don't want to give it to the guy your ability supposedly confirmed as town?
This isn't true. My ability tells me they most likely aren't mafia.

Granted I'm pissed right now and want to showboat, but you're correct otherwise. I'm not confirming Heydude but I'm confident they aren't mafia and I probably should give my pon to him or the "masons".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 29, 2020, 03:20:40 pm »

My problem is I don't think Tric is coherently on a scum team and so I don't want to vote for them today.

FallacyofUrist why is your vote still on ICT? Haven't you read the recent revelations?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 29, 2020, 03:22:16 pm »

This is about the laziest, most groupthink lynch I think I've seen on this board.

I've only really read Vector's case on ToonyMan (couldn't be bothered to read anybody else's)

One wheel short of a wagon

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 29, 2020, 03:22:43 pm »

I know, it's ironic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 29, 2020, 03:24:44 pm »

Oh, I don't mind people not reading parts of the thread, there's fifty pages and its Christmas. I was just wondering how you knew.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 29, 2020, 03:26:10 pm »

My problem is I don't think Tric is coherently on a scum team and so I don't want to vote for them today.
Fine. I want Leafsnail dead as well for sidelining and not interacting with anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 122