Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 110816 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Suspectators And Players Wanted! [Sign-Ups: 14 / ???]
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2020, 09:04:28 pm »

so how does a start on December 24th sound?

Works for me.

Also, as noted before, I'd like the game to begin before the end of the year so that I can be done with the stresses of D1 before school starts.
Same. I can try to start earlier, but I would like to wait until BP3 finishes. Maybe I'll end Sign-Ups over the weekend, so then it will start even sooner and I won't have to reshuffle alignments last second.

With where BP3 is at I think I could probably handle starting this game before it finishes.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2020, 09:38:47 pm »

so how does a start on December 24th sound?

Works for me.

Also, as noted before, I'd like the game to begin before the end of the year so that I can be done with the stresses of D1 before school starts.
Same. I can try to start earlier, but I would like to wait until BP3 finishes. Maybe I'll end Sign-Ups over the weekend, so then it will start even sooner and I won't have to reshuffle alignments last second.

With where BP3 is at I think I could probably handle starting this game before it finishes.
Hmm, I can certainly do so, but I have to finish the roles first. I'll close sign-ups over the weekend, and I'll try to start as soon as I can, with a hard limit of Thursday.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Suspectators And Players Wanted! [Sign-Ups Closing Soon: 14 / ???]
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2020, 12:17:43 am »

A shaking sound is heard, as if something is waking from a deep, deep slumber.

I may not have seen the PMs about Bastanormal (damn it!) but Wuba has awakened me from my slumber.  I shall be pondering what to send here...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2020, 12:25:32 am »

OHSHI-
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2020, 01:11:05 am »

Hey it's Toaster. Hi Toaster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2020, 01:25:37 am »

* Toaster waves

I haven't done one of these in a while, so... why not?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2020, 01:28:53 am »

Woo! All sorts of old timers showing up :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2020, 08:31:29 am »

And the new bay watchers in this asylum is wondering who they are. Welcome from your slumber.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2020, 11:07:46 am »

And the new bay watchers in this asylum is wondering who they are. Welcome from your slumber.
Fun facts:
Did you know that I make up 1 out of every 9 posts in the Mafia subforum? That is down from my previous record of 1 in 8.
ToonyMan at one point had the most posts on Bay12. Might still, idk! ToonyMan might also be indirectly responsible for the more aggressive Random Voting Stage that happens due to the Toony Tunnel.
I remember when Vector was a new player. Toaster and Jim Groovester are older players than Vector, but Vector has a bit of a legacy as being one of the strongest players pretty much ever.
Toaster was the... fourth? King of the Mafia. Seeing as there's only been six or seven, it's quite an accomplishment!
Leafsnail is actually my Kryptonite player because they have identified me correctly as scum more times than any other player, and I don't know if they know that.
I think that Mephansteras might be the longest running Mafia game moderator, but they have a few games played, including being the Duke in the infamous Child gambit in DF Mafia 3.
Jim Groovester might be unlynchable. I do not believe that Jim has ever been lynched as Town. They're too valuable to lynch! (Not me, though, I've been lynched at least a couple times!)

On the plus, you have an advantage, Tric. You're a pretty decent player, so you don't need to worry about old-timers, and you'll generally be less visible as a target. Hiding in the shadows of giants is always a viable strategy.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2020, 01:13:05 pm »

Hey nerds :) Wubba, I'll accept this buttering up, but only because it goes so well with the lemon I'm currently sucking

-

r.e. start time. I'm OK pretty much whenever. I won't be very active on the 25th but I took my three days off post-finals and am now back to studying (and therefore Mafia, LOL).

I'm going to miss the old 3-day Days. Personally I lean to 4-day Days right now while some of us are getting back in the saddle, but I feel -- though keep in mind I haven't played Mafia in a long, long time -- that 5-day Days are too long. We know how to shorten, but we also know how to Extend. I do have a question, though, and that's about whether /bay/ is still using hammers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2020, 01:29:45 pm »

Hey nerds :) Wubba, I'll accept this buttering up, but only because it goes so well with the lemon I'm currently sucking
I can't buddy because I'm the moderator, so it's completely allowed and not a scumtell. ;)

I'm going to miss the old 3-day Days. Personally I lean to 4-day Days right now while some of us are getting back in the saddle, but I feel -- though keep in mind I haven't played Mafia in a long, long time -- that 5-day Days are too long. We know how to shorten, but we also know how to Extend. I do have a question, though, and that's about whether /bay/ is still using hammers.
All rules are subject to change if people want or need them to. I understand situations change and real life happens. Like, once, one of my sisters had a baby the next day and literally no one knew. Not a joke, that literally happened.

Extensions have been removed entirely as of now, since it forces games to be a bit faster and removes delays that make games a bit boring. Hammers are always in effect in my games, so if anyone hits majority votes, the Day ends. Days can be 96 hours, if need be. It literally doesn't affect me.

We here and WebCorpTM value speed and user experience above all. At least until everyone starts telling me to go fuck myself for what they're about to experience.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool. If we’re extension-free right now, 120 hour Days sound great.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2020, 01:52:45 pm »

We here and WebCorpTM value speed and user experience above all. At least until everyone starts telling me to go fuck myself for what they're about to experience.

Honestly sitting in the shadows of giants while they fight each other to death, sure. So long as there are songs to go with it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:54:23 pm by TricMagic »

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile

I think every player I've been accused of being the smurf of is in this game.

I can start whenever. I could be missing most of the 24th but at this stage I'll probably be available then and I don't think I'll be accused of lacking in wordcount if a miss a day or two anyhow.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

I think every player I've been accused of being the smurf of is in this game.
Ah, but what if they're all your sockpuppets? They haven't played Mafia for a while, so you stole their accounts and are now impersonating them! You haven't conclusively proved that you're a different person! What if I'm actually you, now spatting to distance myself from you in case one of us gets caught?

/jk
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 122