Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111576 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 3 - Rampage!
« Reply #1500 on: January 07, 2021, 06:27:40 pm »

Nirur Torir, we need to actually get a lynch on someone today. I'm asking you to consider Leafsnail as we get closer to the end of the day.
I'd like to point out that this is true (although note Vector's sudden change in attitude once they realize the top two candidates are them and heydude). I am happy with either a Vector or a heydude lynch, but as it stands scum could potentially win by tying the vote at the end of the day.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 07, 2021, 06:39:22 pm »

A No Lynch favors town a bit so long as heydude resists shooting town and I am also town. Just one more piece of info. Of course a double kill can end up deadly for us. And right now they can still tie it, and vector hs the dweller's mask. If I get it, that removes the need to use the Time Stop Hat on them. Left alive, their action from last night will also resolve tonight, giving them something from the Mask.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 07, 2021, 06:42:05 pm »

What "sudden change in attitude," Leafsnail?

Uh, there's two votes on Leafsnail right now. It's five to hammer, so if Leafsnail's town the meowfia could quick hammer him right now, nyaa... Frightened kitty.

I suggest you both unvote and we show our suspicions with Fingers of Suspicion instead of actual votes until it's time to lynch? Pawlease?

I was voting you until FoU told me to unvote so scum couldn't hammer. This is me shortly after the first votecount.

Anyway: starting with Leafsnail and working our way down makes sense to me. I'm ready to vote.

I never claimed ANY case on heydude other than what everyone else is saying about kills except for thinking that LO had an inspection. See below.

I unvoted heydude after NJW made it clear that LO wasn't claiming a scum inspect. I voted you at the bottom of that post.

I voted NJW when NJW tried to attack FoU on the basis of a fucking redirect and said that we can't find scum, mechanically or analytically.

I unvoted NJW and went back to you when my day action meant that the town majority in deadchat will be choosing NJW's actions.

This is not a sudden change. I have been voting you for most of the day. I am going to keep voting you instead of joining the heydude wagon because I still think you are scum more than I think heydude is scum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 07, 2021, 06:47:37 pm »

I do not want a no lynch. I want to kill scum.

And right now they can still tie it, and vector hs the dweller's mask. If I get it, that removes the need to use the Time Stop Hat on them.

I still think you're a third party hat collector, but I'm pretty sure you aren't mafia, so I'm willing to cut a deal. I'll give you the mask if you get off your ass and help me lynch Leafsnail. Vote for them or LITERALLY ANYONE FOR A REASON OTHER THAN HATS and I'll send the action in to Web.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1504 on: January 07, 2021, 06:49:55 pm »

Alright this nonsense should be done with. NJW2000.  You are scum. Leafsnail you are scum and The last. I don't fucking know.  TricMagic?   

This is absolutely scum play trying to back poor Vector into a corner.  You should be a shame of yourself. Didn't your mother raised you right? Shame. Shame. C'mon just admit it. It's done. NJW2000. Leafsnail. And probably TricMagic. You can speak sliver tongue all you want. But you can't get past my gut and behavioral read. It's over. Finito. Ya, no más.

NJW2000. I'm tired your games. Leafsnail. You're next. But I'll let Heydude6 deal with you tonight and I'll make sure of that.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 07, 2021, 06:50:47 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 2 - Nirur Torir*, Leafsnail*,
Leafsnail - 1 - Vector*,
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 1 - Luckyowl*,
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 2 - TricMagic*, NJW2000*,
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - FallacyofUrist, heydude6,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on January 07, 2021 at 19:00 CST (1 hours and 9 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 07, 2021, 06:52:16 pm »

LuckyOwl, it's slightly better if we lynch Leafsnail today because NJW has an ability of mine that dead townies will control. If you think Leafsnail is scum, please vote them over NJW.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 07, 2021, 06:56:23 pm »

A last minute change Luckyowl?

Also Vector, you already used an action, apparently.

For Scumteam I'd put forth Luckyowl, Vector, and a third. Could very well be Nirur Torir. Or Leafsnail. I find Heydude being mafia just plain strange with a killer option, and pretty much every badge I have seems to have a use for town. The 1-Hit Hero would fit Heydude's guns surprisingly well. With tomorrow being the last day, might as well go in for that badge to maximize chances during that night.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 07, 2021, 06:57:36 pm »

I did use an action, but my understanding is that hat-related actions are their own movetype.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 07, 2021, 06:59:47 pm »

Your specious argument on FoU rests on FoU knowing that they were redirecting a kill. Absurd.

Er, it's an argument that I don't like, but that wasn't my problem with it. It's a very reasonable assumption to make that the action of a claimed Vig is going to be a kill. Fallacy also outright stated that he was trying to get NQT killed through this due to his scummy behaviour. He may have been mechanically confirmed, but his behavior was definitely suspect. It was still a bad idea though.

Leafsnail

Here's what I got to say to your points

Finally, if I were scum I wouldn't be the person doing the night-kill. One of my buddies would have done it instead and avoided this whole situation in the first place. Like you pointed out, I leave a very obvious calling card and thus every death can always be traced back to me. If all of my buddies were no-bonked, only then I would have to do the scumkill and pull this gambit. To rule out such a situation, we can look at the people who were no-bonked and try to evaluate their scumminess. If they are sufficiently scummy though, then they should be lynched before me since there's stronger evidence against them.
heydude6, this is completely backwards. If you're a mafia member pulling a gambit (and given that no other nightkills have happened this game I think that's a strong possibility) then you may have to be the one making the kill precisely because of your obvious calling card. If another member of your team did the kill and it didn't have the "HP loss" flavour and you still tried to claim it as your own everyone would think it's suspicious. In addition, the redirect story currently doesn't add up given that you claimed using a badge that would stop redirects.

I made the very reasonable point that if I was mafia, I wouldn't be trying to pull a gambit in the first place. I wouldn't sacrifice half of my team's killing power for something this risky that could get me lynched. If my team needed to take out the confirmed town, I'd let them do it and personally go after someone else. I'd have an easier time justifying such a kill. You make the ridiculous strawman that I was going to claim the standard scum kill as my own, and then knock it down while pretending you owned me with facts and logic.

Anyway, I hope this claim kills any idea of me being the mafia's dedicated nightkiller since my kills rely on spending a consumable resource that can technically be replenished, but is overall worse than a standard mafia night kill.

Most guns fire bullets that only do 1 damage. If I fire both shots at the same person, that leaves them with 1 HP. I need to get lucky in order to oneshot.
There is no evidence that this is true. In fact, there is strong counterevidence - you have successfully made two kills in a row, and previously claimed to be a vigilante.

I am a Vigilante! Fallacy can verify that my dart gun matches the description in that post. If Web didn't make a mistake, he should have also told Fallacy that guns are items that act as x-shot abilities. In other words, they're finite. Not something you want in the sole nightkiller, a concept that itself is already very unusual for mafia.

I'll agree that there hasn't been evidence for good guns being rare, or for a weapon-swap mechanic. That's the nature of random chance though, sometimes you get lucky. Even so, I've rolled a lot of times over this game. Surely I would have gotten a good gun eventually.

Most role claims lack evidence to back them up. That's why we call them claims. There's no evidence that you can't be killed for example. There's no evidence that Fallacy's catgril form is its own role and not just an upgrade to the form he had in day1 (and thus keeps those powers such as burger bash). There's no evidence that Nirur Torir actually stole Vector's abilities, rather than two scumbuddies making up a cover story.

So I don't see how that makes me scummy. I haven't been contradicted like you claim.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 07, 2021, 07:02:24 pm »

I did use an action, but my understanding is that hat-related actions are their own movetype.

To note, it's a trade action. Not a hat action. It works as trading items.

Heydude, last hour, may want to vote? Same with Fal wherever they are.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 07, 2021, 07:09:18 pm »

I'm asking you to point to anything Leafsnail has done, whatsoever, that is indisputably pro-town. Any night or day action. Any post.
Your specious argument on FoU rests on FoU knowing that they were redirecting a kill. Absurd.

...Calling NT the #2 lynch candidate for D2 is also absurd.

You are also willing to brush aside that I gave you an ability which would be outright idiocy to transfer to anyone else if I were scum.
One useful thing Leafsnail had done? This post. Gives his opinions on the Toony lynch. Did I choose it because of the contrast with your "Oh my god, you people are so stupid, jumping on one person just because I voted them" post that was largely ignored or laughed at by the players that had their own cases on Toony? Yes, yes I did.

FoU... believed they were redirecting a kill.
scum!FoU had every reason to suspect they're redirecting a kill: Heydude Claimed Vig Day 2. If you're not mafia at this point... well, me engaging with this is probably even less warranted.

Nirur Torir had 2 FoSs yesterday, you declaring you'd like to lynch them, and NQT's prescient:
Oh and if I die in the for whatever reason, we obviously lynch Nirur in the future as their ability swap claim is pretty dubious.
NT was the second candidate for lynching after Toaster, regardless of votes. Perhaps we've been using the words #2 lynch candidate differently, but the fact remains that Nirur still had four people on his case.
Again, you're being misleading on a technicality at best.

Vector:It is true that the ability as it appears is not one scum should give away lightly. However, we don't know what your other abilities are, and how they interact with it. If you weren't a lynch candidate, why did you give this ability away?

Appeals to emotion are generally quite weak play. If you're town, this posts suggests confirmation bias and an incorrect level of involvement.

Regarding Vector's wall of quotes above, they were already voting/FoSing Leafsnail when they agreed to LuckyOwl's "Lynch Leafsnail" suggestion here, then later changed to heydude. I guess Vector can claim that they only thought the "confirmation" happened later on, but all their posts quoted are much later in the thread. I misremembered that bit, but nonetheless, they still went for the lazy leafsnail lynch over heydude originally.
The bottom four posts are also in reverse chronological order, making it look like Vector unvoted Leafsnail after voting.
One wheel short of a wagon

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 07, 2021, 07:13:22 pm »

Vector to break the tie.
I am a Vigilante! Fallacy can verify that my dart gun matches the description in that post. If Web didn't make a mistake, he should have also told Fallacy that guns are items that act as x-shot abilities. In other words, they're finite. Not something you want in the sole nightkiller, a concept that itself is already very unusual for mafia.

I'll agree that there hasn't been evidence for good guns being rare, or for a weapon-swap mechanic. That's the nature of random chance though, sometimes you get lucky. Even so, I've rolled a lot of times over this game. Surely I would have gotten a good gun eventually.

Most role claims lack evidence to back them up. That's why we call them claims. There's no evidence that you can't be killed for example. There's no evidence that Fallacy's catgril form is its own role and not just an upgrade to the form he had in day1 (and thus keeps those powers such as burger bash). There's no evidence that Nirur Torir actually stole Vector's abilities, rather than two scumbuddies making up a cover story.

So I don't see how that makes me scummy. I haven't been contradicted like you claim.
To be clear: I am not saying you are a "sole nightkiller". I think you can HP kill someone as a mafiakill ability - see the OP for examples of abilities like this. The fact that Fallacy saw a different ability of yours does not contradict this (although note that FoU also saw an ability you did not claim).

It's true that most claims are not backed up, but the fact that you are so insistent on trying to claim yours is when it isn't supports the idea that you're making a gambit play.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 07, 2021, 07:15:54 pm »

The bottom four posts are also in reverse chronological order, making it look like Vector unvoted Leafsnail after voting.

I'm not engaging with you anymore. This is false. Here are the timestamps on those posts:

January 06, 2021, 01:35:25 pm
January 06, 2021, 01:52:19 pm
January 06, 2021, 01:54:45 pm
January 06, 2021, 01:56:40 pm

They are a matter of public record. You can see that the numbers are increasing.

If anyone town-aligned is in this thread, please check this allegation.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 07, 2021, 07:18:36 pm »

Yeah, no, my bad, I was confused by the post at the top, thought some were from today.

Ok, fine, we've both made some pretty big errors reading the thread in the heat of the moment. I respect the decision not to engage with me after that, I guess, one can have less leniency at the end of the day.

This is all a pity, really. I don't have the strongest gutread on you - I'd rather lynch FoU.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 122