Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111087 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Start The Year Out A Head
« Reply #1260 on: January 02, 2021, 10:20:18 am »

-100 Pons for 1 No Bonk Badge, give to Vector.
Wubba: Put a No Bonk Badge on Nirur Torir.
The Badge Seller takes your money and throws the Badges likes boomerangs. Vector catches theirs on the forehead, and Nirur Torir catches theirs in their teeth, and slaps it onto their chest!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 02, 2021, 10:27:32 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
dolores - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
IcyTea31 - 2 - Luckyowl*, Toaster*,
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Leafsnail - 0 -
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Toaster - 6 - TricMagic*, Leafsnail*, notquitethere*, NJW2000*, IcyTea31*, FallacyofUrist*,
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 5 - Nirur Torir, dolores, Vector*, Jim Groovester, heydude6*,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on January 03, 2021 at 19:00 CST (~33 hours remaining).

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 02, 2021, 10:29:18 am »

Unvote Again.. Now would be the time to spend pons on No Bonk badges.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 02, 2021, 10:37:07 am »

I'm still trying to puzzle out the rationale for a scum!Toaster inspection reveal. Sacrificing a single scum player for two town players gives town an additional day. It's not a good move for scum. I can come up with the following reasons but they're all either weak or unlikely. Anyone got a clearer rationale?
- They thought they could weasel Toaster out of a future lynch (unlikely)
- Toaster was going to be lynched anyway (he wasn't, though the claim might be pre-emptive if they knew they'd been watched)
- They had reason to believe that the masons would become unkillable if they could mutually protect one another, and so it was a wild gambit to break the masons up now
- Toaster has a power that means he will flip town, or maybe explode if lynched or something (possible, unlikely) taking out even more players with him
- Scum players just can't math and thought two town players for one scum was a good deal
- Scum knew it was a bad move but thought they could WIFOM their way to victory nevertheless as surely real scum wouldn't be so stupid
- Scum wanted to bus Toaster to shore up their weak town cred (but why Toaster?)
- ICT and Toaster are on the same team and engineered 4mask's death together and this is some big brain bus move

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 02, 2021, 10:47:40 am »

I'm still trying to puzzle out the rationale for a scum!Toaster inspection reveal. Sacrificing a single scum player for two town players gives town an additional day. It's not a good move for scum. I can come up with the following reasons but they're all either weak or unlikely. Anyone got a clearer rationale?
- They had reason to believe that the masons would become unkillable if they could mutually protect one another, and so it was a wild gambit to break the masons up now
- Toaster has a power that means he will flip town, or maybe explode if lynched or something (possible, unlikely) taking out even more players with him
- Scum knew it was a bad move but thought they could WIFOM their way to victory nevertheless as surely real scum wouldn't be so stupid

- Scum players just can't math and thought two town players for one scum was a good deal

The bold option is the one I believed in, especially since we as a forum seem to have an unofficial policy of refusing to engage in WIFOM, but I believe the 3 above are all equally likely.

I consider the fourth option to be an unlikely, but valid possibility.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 02, 2021, 10:54:01 am »

I've mentioned before how I believe the scum team are afraid. They're afraid because we have a strong town core, and they're afraid because we successfully used our powers to ruin their first night. We've only gotten stronger and more coordinated since then, so whacky desperation plays aren't too unexpected.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 02, 2021, 11:53:03 am »

Anyway, just to be clear: I think getting Toaster is the most sensible thing to do today. If he flips town we lynch or NK ICT. If he flips scum then we party. Either way we have scum.

As 4mask claimed that Toaster visited Vector and Vector is clear, it's not possible for them all to be town and Toaster having their peek also coincidentally redirected onto a scum!vector.

Oh and if I die in the for whatever reason, we obviously lynch Nirur in the future as their ability swap claim is pretty dubious.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 02, 2021, 11:54:31 am »

Fallacy, were you always Famine or did you get that from Juicebox? What kind of powers are associated with it? If players have multiple roles do they get multiple actions per cycle?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 02, 2021, 12:23:24 pm »

I think that's an unnecessary rolefish. We don't need to tell scum everything we can do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 02, 2021, 12:29:53 pm »

I think that's an unnecessary rolefish. We don't need to tell scum everything we can do.
Yet on day 3 that is what it will come down to.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 02, 2021, 12:49:43 pm »

I'm not asking anyone to reveal everything they can do. I just want to know
- If he has multiple actions unaccounted for
- If there were four horsemen from the beginning or if they come from crowning

In a role madness game, everyone is dangerous and might have hidden powers, so one person revealing part of their capabilities hardly gives scum an advantage while it helps town get a picture of what's happening.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 02, 2021, 12:55:50 pm »

It might help if you read the role reveal notquitethere. There is a link in the op, go read it. I'll wait. It's this type of shading that leads to me believing you scummish. Not reading the role flip despite worrying about roles?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 02, 2021, 01:02:24 pm »

I did, obviously, but it's ambiguous.

(Night) Crown: Choose a player. If that player embodies one of the Horsemen, they gain an additional power.
It's not clear if players that embodied the horsemen started with a horseman role as well (I.e. they knew they were horsemen from the start and had powers attached to that role) or if the role comes with crowning. We know they get an "additional" power on crowning but its ambiguous whether that power can be used in addition to others, whether they started with powers for being proto-horsemen etc.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 02, 2021, 01:08:15 pm »

Also, you should know that missing, misreading, misremembering, misunderstanding or seeking to clarify are all not especially alignment indicative except when it becomes wilful ignorance or misconstrual. Wanting to know what's going on is something all players want.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 02, 2021, 01:09:14 pm »

Well, as a promising candidate for a horseman of war I can tell you that there is nothing in my role PM that remotely hinted at my connection to Juicebox.

There have to be multiple horseman too because if one dies, then Juicebox's game becomes unwinnable.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 122