Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Chiefdoms of Eire! Up to 10 Players welcome!  (Read 2561 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Chiefdoms of Eire! Up to 10 Players welcome!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 03:19:16 pm »

Spend 12 Grain to Liberate Diereadh for the merfolk

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 03:33:57 pm »

Why must they insist on actions that lead to defeat? With what do you defend your southern borders?

We have no ill will against the people of Eirin,  and in fact would like to make a alliances with them.  I have no desire to conquer your rightful land for it is yours and yours only. I wish not to lead my woodkins to war, but it is our right to conquer the deep forest.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 03:41:57 pm »

You can't really expect to make alliance with north and south. As it stands both we and they are in way of your goal.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 03:55:26 pm »

If an alliance can not be forged then I offer a truce.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 03:58:00 pm »

You do not touch the deep forest bordered south of you and nor shall we touch it. Do you agree?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 03:58:57 pm »

Certainly. I have no need of the deep forests, and have no wish to enclose upon your land.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 05:10:02 pm »

Sidhe Chiefdom of Margann&Plainsmen Chiefdom of Daffyd
Margann Sidhe and Daffyd Plainsmen both attack Aria! 10+1+8 vs (5)+6 = 19 > 11 & 15+6 vs (5)+5 = 21 > 10
Aria is overrun by Margann Sidhe and Daffyd Plainsmen, and then forces of Daffyd push Margann soldiers from the land! Aria pillaged for 5.

Merfolk Chiefdom of Odeas
Odeas Merfolk attack Diereadh! 12+6 vs 10+10 = 18 < 20
Odeas Merfolk fail to conquer Diereadh!

Plainsmen Chiefdom of Eirin
Eirin Plainsmen defend Eirin, but no enemy comes.
Eirin Plainsmen attack Ori! 14+7 vs 10+7 = 21 > 17
Eirin Plainsmen conquer Ori! Ori pillaged for 5.

Woodkin Chiefdom of Arbor
Arbor Woodkin defend Arbor, but no enemy comes.

Merfolk Chiefdom of Llen
Llen Merfolk attack Nuan! 12+6 vs 10+1 = 18 > 11
Llen Merfolk conquer Nuan! Nuan pillaged for 5.

TURN 2:

Moves needed: TricMagic, flazeo25, a1s, Luckyowl, Cnidaros, Kashyyk

Spoiler: Grain scroll (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:48:39 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 05:25:35 pm »

???

Oh freaking hell, really?

Withdraw. Why do I always seem to be on the losing end of things? Here I think things are balanced, but Plainsmen OP.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 06:34:48 pm »

Liberate Diereadh with 10 Grain.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 09:42:57 pm »

???

Oh freaking hell, really?

Withdraw. Why do I always seem to be on the losing end of things? Here I think things are balanced, but Plainsmen OP.

Are you seriously going to withdraw just because you lost the very first battle?

I think things are balanced as it is. The perks are:
Plainsmen: Bonus +5 Grain in Origin Land. Can start anywhere.
Merfolk: +2 Grain bonus for each Land bordering the Sea. Must start at the 'coast'.
Woodkin: +5 Grain bonus when Defending in Deep Forest. Must start in a Deep Forest.
Sidhe: +1 Grain bonus to all Attack/Defense rolls per controlled Menhir Valley. Must start in a Menhir Valley.

Plainsmen are stronger than Sidhe at this point in the game, because they are meant to be stronger in the early-game. But other factions become stronger as the game progresses. Merfolk (like mine) only need to own 3 coastal lands for a +6 bonus which outstrips the Plainsmen. The Sidhe bonus is +1 to all Attack/Defense rolls, so owning  1 Valley, you'll need to make 5 attacks/defenses per turn to outstrip the Plainsmen bonus. If you get a second valley, you only need to make 3 attacks/defenses per turn to outstrip the Plainsmen bonus. It just seems you're giving up because you got into a conflict with an early-game faction on the very first turn. You're in the most geographically advantageous position, with a huge stretch of unclaimed land to the west with 2 more valleys to build up your bonus.

By any measure, Luckyowl is the one furthest behind, because he's at the lowest grain count and bonus, and stuck between four players on every side. But you don't see him giving up yet. I actually think Woodkin is the weakest faction, because while they only need to make 1 Defense roll in Forest per turn to meet the Plainsmen bonus, other players will be naturally discouraged from attacking them there.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2020, 08:01:04 am »

I can't actually do anything against someone with 15 grain, they can just roll on in. Even if I took over the other one, I wouldn't have the grain to invest and can't conquer from that territory. And if I run, it's just a losing battle where they can take me over again. And just defending forever does not work for me either.

Right now, Eirin could also just roll into the forest with their 20 grain. Having effective 15 defense doesn't help. Anything less isn't likely to work.

The Merfolk will be able to catch up in two territories too, and then blow past the plainsmen.  If the Sidne don't have Menhir, we don't have anything that can win against that.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 01:32:40 pm »

I can't actually do anything against someone with 15 grain, they can just roll on in. Even if I took over the other one, I wouldn't have the grain to invest and can't conquer from that territory. And if I run, it's just a losing battle where they can take me over again. And just defending forever does not work for me either.

Right now, Eirin could also just roll into the forest with their 20 grain. Having effective 15 defense doesn't help. Anything less isn't likely to work.

The Merfolk will be able to catch up in two territories too, and then blow past the plainsmen.  If the Sidne don't have Menhir, we don't have anything that can win against that.

You should have identified that Kashyyk posed the greater threat to you, and negotiated an NAP with him instead of threatening Luckyowl, who frankly has better things to do than invade you, especially with another chiefdom to his south. Instead you choose to attack Aria, which immediately put you into conflict with him, rather than expanding to the unclaimed west. Even if you had won Aria, I'm pretty sure Kashyyk wouldn't let you have it and Imelfuar uncontested, and he still has the grain advantage. So you pretty much picked an immediate fight with an early game faction while you were a late game faction. If you expanded to the west, you would have 15 grain to Kashyyk's 20, which with the +5 bonus to your Origin Land and +1 from Menhir would have been enough to deter him from attacking you with some bluffing, especially as the other players continue to expand.

Regardless, it seems really petty to quit immediately after the first turn just because you lost one battle and claim that another faction is OP.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2020, 02:37:26 pm »

I idn't notice they had 15 grain, so I was going to take them out first. Instead my strategy turned on me due to them having more. My pick was more a lategame thing once I had multiple. And I do need to face facts, he decided to go after me, so no amount of strategy can save me from this blunder. Had I realized they had more grain I would have gone for Ghorm.(Thought he was woodkin.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 02:39:23 pm by TricMagic »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2020, 05:54:56 am »

We have no ill will against the people of Eirin,  and in fact would like to make a alliances with them.
Alliance accepted. How do you propose to divide these lands?

Attack Llanc with 14, develop Ori with 5, defend Eirin with 1
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2020, 02:29:15 pm »

Sidhe Chiefdom of Margann
Margann Sidhe fall into anarchy!

Merfolk Chiefdom of Odeas
Odeas Merfolk attack Diereadh! 12+7 vs 10+2 = 19 > 12
Odeas Merfolk conquer Diereadh! Diereadh pillaged for 5.

Plainsmen Chiefdom of Eirin
Eirin Plainsmen defend Eirin, but no enemy comes.
Eirin Plainsmen attack Llanc! 14+6 vs 10+7 = 20 > 17
Eirin Plainsmen conquer Llanc! Llanc pillaged for 5.
Eirin Plainsmen invest 5 in Ori.

Woodkin Chiefdom of Arbor
Arbor Woodkin attack Chet! 10+9 vs 10+1 = 19 > 11
Arbor Woodkin conquer Chet! Chet pillaged for 5.

Merfolk Chiefdom of Llen
Llen Merfolk attack Cnocmor! 14+10 vs 10+5 = 24 > 15
Llen Merfolk conquer Cnocmor! Cnocmor pillaged for 5.
Llen Merfolk invest 5 in Llen.

Plainsmen Chiefdom of Daffyd
Daffyd Plainsmen defend Aria, but no enemy comes.
Daffyd Plainsmen invest 10 in Daffyd.

TURN 3:

Distracted and divided, the chiefs of Margann Sidhe break into squabbling villages and no longer have any centralized governance guiding them!

Moves needed: flazeo25, a1s, Luckyowl, Cnidaros, Kashyyk

Spoiler: Grain scroll (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 03:08:07 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4