Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: The Last Ember [Turn 0: The Ashen Wastes]  (Read 4978 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Ember [Turn 0: The Ashen Wastes]
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2020, 09:20:57 am »

Quote from: 1 Point
[1/3 Artifact] Moderate Artifact: A mediocre artifact, such as a warhammer which shakes the ground when struck or a pitcher whose contents restore youth.
A fragment from the Pewter Cistern, made from the blood of the wild gods of the Desert. I managed to get my hands on a piece of this powerful focus, but as it is damaged once placed and activated it won't be moving unless it is repaired through offerings of divine blood. What result mixing blood will have is unknown, but it can be used to gather worship within a building for us to partake in. It may be possible that other such divine artifacts have shards which can be combined, though I posit all four bloods of the gods would be needed.

Quote from: 5 Points
[500 Sets] Stoneworking Tools: These tools are used for mining, masonry, stonecarving, or otherwise harvesting or working with stone or similar materials.
[500 Sets] Woodworking Tools: These tools are used for woodcutting, carpentry, woodcarving, or otherwise harvesting or working with wood, giant mushroom, or similar materials.
[300 Vermin] Sweethums: These mortal-sized millipedes are kept by the Jadescale as underground livestock. In addition to providing meat, eggs, and flexible shell-leather, they secrete a sweet nectar with ritual and culinary uses.
[10 Wagons] Rare Materials: Rare or valuable materials which can only be found or produced in limited quantities or at great expense. Most materials of significant mystical power belong here, as do precious metals and gemstones.
[20 Wagons] Staples and Basics Seeds: Saplings and seeds for a variety of filling, mass produced crops.
[20 Wagons] Arid Plants: Assorted wild plants and seeds found under arid conditions, generally considered more natural and civilized.
Stoneworking Tools for building, mining, and working with stone, some woodworking tools for when the materials are fully grown. And tools for glassworkers, farming, cooks, and tailors. The Sweethums meanwhile are going to be fairly useful in time, cultivated properly. The seeds and arid plants needing little water are for farming, which will serve as food, stock for sweethums, and medicine. As well as dirt from the Evergreen, it will last a long time, and forever so long as ambrosia is used every decade or so for a miracle. This stuff accelerates and feeds the growth of plants. Usually used by gods for the production of luxury products and gardens in the desert and never for mortals, but what do I care? A layer of the stuff is perfect for long-term production of crops.

[1/3 Artifact] Moderate Artifact: A mediocre artifact, such as a warhammer which shakes the ground when struck or a pitcher whose contents restore youth.
Livingwood, an exceedingly rare find, is created from wood that as grown in the blood of dragons. It is an ever growing mass of branched and woody materials. Very random, but the cuttings taken from it can be replanted, and so long as they receive water they will grow. Special treatment with a material made from Sweethum Oil is needed to prevent growth of finished products, blocking water in the air from soaking in. It is an exceedingly godless material, Livingwood, but such is it's ability to grow anywhere with only water that makes it useful out here. Of course, actually getting it meant that I could only take a small piece, unsuited for harvesting. Dragon's Blood will be needed to increase it back to full strength after what the gods did to it. Thankfully, I hear Howldyne does have some Dragonflesh to bleed.

[50 Elite Glowcoil Laborers] Elite Retinue: These mortals possess one of the above specializations, but are far more talented and specialized than their lesser fellows.
Ah, the Elites of my Glowcoil followers. While they have Labored, some of them have become masters of their craft. It is rather disparate, but at least we have those who can lead the hard work that will be needed with skill and pass down their knowledge to others.

Ttipcmov calls to gather the assorted mortal followers for a meeting. Each group should send a representative so that they can organize and see who can do what in the coming days. There is much to do. Gods can attend. On the adgenda is the building of a trench, and the use of the materials gathered from the trench to build a place of worship gather and be used by the gods. As well as building claystone-lined farms for the Sweethums to multiply.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 03:21:31 pm by TricMagic »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2020, 02:39:31 pm »

Mortal Hero [Complementary] Pt 2
Description: Loyal
Specialty: Alchemy

Shognar, a new skilled Alchemist of Yog-Hars forces, having been extremely grateful for being saved amongst the festering tide of refugees pleading at Kautharam's gates. They now lead, after demonstrating their merit of skill, his army's small but efficient sage division, dedicated to producing and working substances and materials, along with any other similar erudite tasks, for his war efforts.

Followers and Slaves Pt 2
[50] Elite Sages
[200] Laborers

Beasts and Livestock Pt 1
[300 Hounds] Eel Hounds

Moderate Artifact Pt 3
Rotfang: A cursed spear, which enchants wounds inflicted with it to disease and decay.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 02:46:09 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2020, 10:57:45 pm »

Assuming we're allowed to split tool sets into partial points:

Quote from: Followers and Slaves 2 Point
[200 Laborers] Mixed Laborers
[50 Elites]Elite Jadescale Warriors
When the memories became clearer of the path that Thakk must walk, he journeyed back to his home city deep in the earth. He managed to successfully petition the current ruler to give him the service of a squadron of the elite temple guardians. Jadescale warriors raised from birth to be warriors and trained well in the art of defense. Thakk was normally not one to surround himself in warriors, but in this world beyond the world the endless dangers he and his charges will face may require their abilities. As he traveled to the edge of the world to ready himself for the end he was also sure to hire on several groups of ranchers and farmers to tend to the crops and beasts he planned to bring with him in case his own followers proved inadequate to the task.

Quote from: Plants and Crops 3 points
[40 Wagons] Staples and Basics Seeds: Saplings and seeds for a variety of filling, mass produced crops.
[20 Wagons] Vegetables and Ingredients Seeds: Saplings and seeds for a variety of nutritious but nonessential crops.
Quote from: Beasts and Livestock 2 points
[200 Beasts] Greathorns
[200 Beasts] Coinscales
Thakk prepared many wagons of food and a large herd of livestock beasts in the hopes that when a new place to settle was found his mortals would be able to sustain themselves.

Quote from: Tools and Implements 1 points
[500 Sets] Boneworking Tools: These tools are used for butchery, bonecarving, or otherwise harvesting or working with bone, chitin, or similar materials.
[500 Sets] Leatherworking Tools: These tools are used for tanning, leatherworking, or otherwise harvesting or working with leather or similar materials.
Thakk laid away many tools for his journey. The tools that would be required to work with the livestock brought along, and those tools carried by his legion of scribes and embalmers.

Hearing the report from Jan left Thakk Kal most unsettled. His nimble claws ran over his rings, as if searching for an answer in the past. Eventually a slow reply left his lips. "Such problems we face so short into our journey. I must look into these reports of Ambrosia loss. Such a thing represents quite a danger to us, but it it extends past the worship of our followers and to their souls themselves we may be in extremely dire straits."

Turning his head to Ttipcmov, with her call to gather mortals and start construction. "I think such a plan to start construction on areas for farming and animal husbandry right away would be most wise, if our plants and beasts will be able to survive out here." The Elderly Jadescale replies before turns his head to indicate his attention moving to his two companions. "I know little of such concerns though. I would leave the bulk of those in our care to you two, to work with the others on such a construction. I know that such a thing is not your area of expertise my young friend." The god says, talking to Graal. "But I think in future the supplies for your work will likely come from the beasts we brought with us, and they must maintained with care." He continues to fiddle with his beard, seeming to think for a long moment. "In the mean time, I think I will gather my scholars, to see what if anything can be done..."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:06:32 pm by Criptfeind »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2020, 11:54:42 pm »

To Hissis: This new development with the cloaks is worrying, but it at least they're working in some capacity. As for the troops, we might be settling here for a time, as much as a lack of mobility vexes me. If we do, we'll have to split the duties among strict shifts, hopefully providing downtime in portions will give them a chance to recover and familiarize themselves with existence out here.

To Star-Cloak: I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Even if it is only mad words, it's good to know that the Worm is on the minds of the mortals as well.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2020, 12:29:18 am »

Ttipcmov calls to gather the assorted mortal followers for a meeting. Each group should send a representative so that they can organize and see who can do what in the coming days. There is much to do. Gods can attend. On the adgenda is the building of a trench, and the use of the materials gathered from the trench to build a place of worship gather and be used by the gods. As well as building claystone-lined farms for the Sweethums to multiply.
Your efforts are somewhat stymied by doubt among the mortals as to whether they should heed the call of any but their own deity, but everyone eventually sends someone if only to keep an eye on the proceedings.

The largest groups by representatives are the lowly and the warriors. The former slaves, primitives, and rabble are good for nothing in particular, but can manage a bit of anything. You count around 3,000 such individuals, which should give you a great deal of labor to work with. The real challenge will be organizing and directing them, as desperate masses are seldom good at thinking on their own.

The latter are a mixture of brawny warriors and lithe hunters, good for war but of questionable use out here. No doubt they can pitch in elsewhere if not required for guard duty. You estimate roughly 1500 of them in your ranks.

The proper workers are a mixed bag. You have 200 (insufferably smug) miners, which should be ideal for digging a trench, but most of your remaining craftsmen and workers are of the crafting, not laboring, variety. There's around 750 all total, which would be more useful if you had materials for them to work with.

There's a few scholars and the like, about 500 total, of questionable or esoteric use. You'll be glad to have them if you need them, but they're definitely not ideal for normal labor.

Finally, there's just your fifty elite Glowcoil Lovers as far as entertainers go. Perhaps they can motivate the hardest workers or most competent overseers?

So overall, not looking too good for your plans. Most likely you'll need to brute force them with unskilled labor or press ganged scholars to get anything done at a reasonable pace.

He continues to fiddle with his beard, seeming to think for a long moment. "In the mean time, I think I will gather my scholars, to see what if anything can be done..."
((Tool splitting is fine. To clarify, all of your followers start with any tools they'd need for their profession, so you don't need to buy them sets to do their stated jobs.))

Your scholars would need time to experiment and consult and research and think, but their preliminary guess is the obvious: You'd want to contain mortal souls (and thus presumably mortals) in a sealed vessel of some sort, replicating the protections the world gave against the wastes. They break apart into bickering and indecision trying to isolate the exact qualities such a vessel or barrier would entail.

A minority suggest somewhat more radical solutions, like shackling still-living souls to objects or their own frames as a sort of proto-lichdom. The exact processes and connotations of such measures are a bit outside most of their practical experience, and thus draw somewhat more uneven controversy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2020, 06:54:45 am »

((Tool splitting is fine. To clarify, all of your followers start with any tools they'd need for their profession, so you don't need to buy them sets to do their stated jobs.))

((It seems like my advanced tools are not immediately required then. Do you mind if I edit them out and use the point elsewhere?))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2020, 02:31:44 pm »

Hmm, we are rather unorganized, but let's see about fixing that.
Soul-Sight/Slave-Flame-Ttipcmov speaks to lift the spirit of those before herself, to guide them forward to prosperity.

"Everyone, I have gathered you all to get started on a long term base of operations. While the road here is long, it will be longer for others who seek to chase us, and the chances of being found by the usurpers is slim. I have with me what is needed to set up a long-term food source for us, but we will need to work hard to provide everything we need. Together however, I believe we can not only eke out a living, but rise to the same grace of the old gods."

Her eyes look out over those who have gathered, her gem-freckles glittering, her lips glistening.

"Miners, you are probably the most important in the short term. You can mine the trench and help direct the material. It has been noted to be capable of being shaped, which will give us a source of stone. Our crafters can work to build the houses and sidewalks. Perhaps most important however is a place of worship to gather. I have brought dirt made from the Evergreen with me, something the gods of the desert hoarded, for it can be maintained with miracles and is made with ambrosia. Your own prayers drift away out hear, undirected they may never find their way to us. With this we can succeed, the dirt of the Evergreen growing the crops, and arid plants, which in turn feed the sweethums I've brought, which can be turned into clothing, sweetjuice, eggs, and meats, and other items like armor. The arid plants in particular also include medicinal plants for sickness."

"Together, we can survive, and thrive. Apart, we will drift and fall. The Miners can provide us the materials, the warriors can protect us from native threats, the farmers provide us with food, the scholars knowledge of what lies around us and advancements. The rest of us provide the power to these efforts, however that may be. And that includes me. I'll be working on the worship place from cornerstone to lodestone, and directing efforts. Other gods may also pitch in or ask for help with their own projects. Let us all work together towards our future. Thank you for listening, any questions or concerns?"

With that, Ttipcmov opens questions, with eyes on those asking.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 02:35:25 pm by TricMagic »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2020, 03:07:36 pm »

Yog-Har, having taken a position next to the only one he respects out of everyone here, looks over to Arashkal. "So, a scouting mission is what your currently considering, it's a wise choice. One should never be unaware of their surroundings. However, between the two of us, I do believe I have more experience in such matters, so it would be better for me to take my men on such an expedition. Yog-Har lowers his voice to whispering hiss. I would suggest a joint excise to combine our strengths, but I don't trust these softlings to be left alone. It's in their nature to corrupt and seduce, the bane of discipline and austerity. We're the only true warriors amongst this lot, we're the only two that can keep the warriors from falling to this simple schemes and complacencies. That's why I think it would be best to have one of us stay here, to keep order and watch our backs.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2020, 04:12:36 pm »

((It seems like my advanced tools are not immediately required then. Do you mind if I edit them out and use the point elsewhere?))
((Quite fine.))

Hmm, we are rather unorganized, but let's see about fixing that.
Soul-Sight/Slave-Flame-Ttipcmov speaks to lift the spirit of those before herself, to guide them forward to prosperity.

"Everyone, I have gathered you all to get started on a long term base of operations. While the road here is long, it will be longer for others who seek to chase us, and the chances of being found by the usurpers is slim. I have with me what is needed to set up a long-term food source for us, but we will need to work hard to provide everything we need. Together however, I believe we can not only eke out a living, but rise to the same grace of the old gods."

Her eyes look out over those who have gathered, her gem-freckles glittering, her lips glistening.

"Miners, you are probably the most important in the short term. You can mine the trench and help direct the material. It has been noted to be capable of being shaped, which will give us a source of stone. Our crafters can work to build the houses and sidewalks. Perhaps most important however is a place of worship to gather. I have brought dirt made from the Evergreen with me, something the gods of the desert hoarded, for it can be maintained with miracles and is made with ambrosia. Your own prayers drift away out hear, undirected they may never find their way to us. With this we can succeed, the dirt of the Evergreen growing the crops, and arid plants, which in turn feed the sweethums I've brought, which can be turned into clothing, sweetjuice, eggs, and meats, and other items like armor. The arid plants in particular also include medicinal plants for sickness."

"Together, we can survive, and thrive. Apart, we will drift and fall. The Miners can provide us the materials, the warriors can protect us from native threats, the farmers provide us with food, the scholars knowledge of what lies around us and advancements. The rest of us provide the power to these efforts, however that may be. And that includes me. I'll be working on the worship place from cornerstone to lodestone, and directing efforts. Other gods may also pitch in or ask for help with their own projects. Let us all work together towards our future. Thank you for listening, any questions or concerns?"

With that, Ttipcmov opens questions, with eyes on those asking.
The miners seem to preen under your attention, and appear fully convinced to quarry out a trench.

The crafters, even your own, appear a little less convinced. None of them are trained masons, so construction isn't something they expect to be terribly good at.

The warriors and scholars appear to be ameliorated at more or less being left to their own devices.

The rabble, on the other hand, seems desperately ecstatic. Your Glowcoil are writhing with joy at a chance to help build you a temple, and the remaining beggars and slaves sense the opportunity to get on even footing with their more fortunate peers. They'll most likely be fully on board.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2020, 05:56:37 pm »

Preening prettily, Ttipcomv sets to speak with the scholars and sages to see if any can help with drawing up plans for a temple building made of stone and clay. Likewise she will need her glassworkers to make glass from the sand from the desert brought along for that purpose.(as the needed material should at least be there for 1 project) May need to scavenge from the castle, so need to speak with Howldyne.

A basic plan is drawn up and written on a tablet polished from the local ash.

Miners: Dig a semi-rectangular trench, mostly square. Assorted will use wagons to bring the material up slopes mined out for that purpose as the project goes on, and smooth the walls to maintain stability of the quarry.
Crafters: Crafters are focused on shaping the ash into uniform stone ashbricks of sufficient strength, as well as ashclay to serve as a binding agent. Ashclay is mixed with tools and slapped a lot, whereas bricks are molded, smoothed, pressed, and resmoothed using stoneworking tools.
Laborers(And Elite Laborers wh are applicable): Once the first products of the Crafters are available(I'll be helping with the crafters until this point), we shall direct the construction of planters, laying ashbricks and fusing them with a layer of ashclay, some stoneworking tools used by the relevant crafters. A flat layer with a tall edge to prevent the dirt from falling out. We then place the Evergreen Dirt and start planting crops in the first. Each Planter is fairly large, and grow either arid plants in rows, or staple crops and such. In time, any other plants other gods brought can be placed.
Scholars/Sages: As the quarry is mined, more ashbricks and ashclay will be set aside for building the place of worship. By this point, we should have a proper design that won't collapse. Will need other gods to weigh in as well, as it will need to be fairly large and open.(I'll be helping when the time comes, and place the Cornerstone myself to start.)

Various: Some will need to dig out holes and brick/clay them for the Sweethums. Waste food will be given to them, though an open roof is likely to be the case. Likewise, some arid plants set aside for them, ones suited for livestock. Other gods may have projects needed too.

Once the place of worship is completed, cornerstone and all, I shall place the Lodestone, the Pewter Cistern shard, in place of honor in the floorspot marked for it. This will draw the worship to the building and allow us to absorb it, rather than it drifting off. We may also be able to develop a method of searching for where worship towards us gather, solving navigation. Speak with Howldyne. Proper sidewalks and housing will come after.
We will need to plan out the plots. There is a lot of work to do to get this place livable.

Warriors will need others to decide on what they do, I need to focus on this project. Once the worship place and farms are up and running, we can build houses and such. Some sort of elevator will be needed later for the quarry/trench, and drawbridges, which means a proper wall. That is later though, survival is now.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 06:03:27 pm by TricMagic »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2020, 02:15:26 am »

Spoiler:  Selections (click to show/hide)

-Your idiot brother keeps trying to lead hunting parties out to find and slay the worm. You have so far prevented him from committing ritual suicide with several of your best troops.
-When not doing that, he points out that the horrifying sense of timelessness seems ameliorated by talking to others. He suspects there's some kind of grounding or synchronization effect going on there, but regardless points out that community may make up for the lack of time, to an extent.
-Mr. Stars continues attempting to make Ash Soup, to limited avail. (S?)He claims the ash out here responds to will, not force, and thus the imbiber must WANT the soup, WILL the soup, in order to fully appreciate it. So far most of his test subjects have been cowards and doubters.
-Mr. Stars also points out the paucity of materials, and notes that you'll need to start getting creative to keep everyone fed at some point. He recommends feasting upon your expertly prepared dead as an obvious partial measure.

Re: the idiot brother: "Brother, an interesting discovery. Now, why don't you drill the troops while we figure a way out of this mess? We may have need of them son."

Re: Mr Stars: "Mr. Stars, how long have we known each other? Why did you not tell me you were making Ash Soup? I WANT the soup and I WILL have it. Now let's see what it tastes like. As for the dead...well I'll take a raincheck on that."

Orders:

My men are to do regular patrols AROUND the castle. They are also encouraged to mingle with the other warriors.

Ten-Tick Rani queries the other gods. "As we are now, I do not see a decentralised command as a good thing. I suggest that a single person be granted provisional authority over all troops currently under our control. Should there be any disputed orders, a god is free to take their permission away."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:21:14 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2020, 08:26:20 pm »

Preening prettily, Ttipcomv sets to speak with the scholars and sages to see if any can help with drawing up plans for a temple building made of stone and clay. Likewise she will need her glassworkers to make glass from the sand from the desert brought along for that purpose.(as the needed material should at least be there for 1 project) May need to scavenge from the castle, so need to speak with Howldyne.

A basic plan is drawn up and written on a tablet polished from the local ash.
Work begins, and almost immediately runs into strange problems.

Quarrying is easy enough; the ash behaves somewhat like wet sand as far as dredging it out, but remains sturdy to walk on and handle. The miners go so far as to include fancy ramps to haul materials out of, but they're hardly necessary.

Processing is where things get strange. Despite its situational softness, it seems to resist proper molding, and for the most part has to be planed down rather than shaped. The good news here is that it takes on flat surfaces bizarrely well, forming perfectly smooth faces even in the hands of unskilled workers. Getting the measurements right proves to be the most difficult part of this phase, but most of the artisans are accustomed to precise dimensions and following templates.

Pressing said bricks makes things strange again. The smoothed, now shiny surfaces resist any attempts to condense them, and the most determined efforts actually shatter the once-soft ash into glossy stonelike shards. Interestingly, only a cubic shell around the ash appears to be solid, with the inside apparently remaining as untreated ash.

The other anomaly regarding ashbricks is that tools are of questionable utility. They mostly operate as you'd expect, as evidenced by the miner's picks dredging chunks of them without incident, but particularly for the smoothing process bare hands seem to often have a similar and more precise impact. Most workers end up alternating between tools and fingers as the shape of either, rather than their strength, proves useful.

Meanwhile, ashclay proves to be a total failure. Despite being somewhat pliable in its native state, it seems to break apart and refuse to meld back together when serious mixing attempts are made. You end up with as fine a dust as the workers are willing to make, but no mortar. A few workers even experiment with adding water or wine, but it doesn't so much as dirty either, apparently remaining totally separate. They avoid drinking it anyway, just to be safe.

With no mortar, you decide to at least try out an ashbrick planter. The blocks fit together with remarkable precision, apparently being perfectly straight and flush with each other, though this does make the minute differences in size incredibly noticeable. Nonetheless, you assemble them into a massive planter, fill this planter with Evergreen soil, and fill this soil with rows of arid and staple crop saplings.

You are unsure how to tell if they're growing... a dilemma made stranger by the bizarre lack of time out here.

The temple is stymied by a different sort of problem- most of the scholars are kin to Thakk Kal, who has tasked them with figuring out how to prevent the blowing away of Ambrosia and souls. They ignore calls to design a temple instead, despite being an obvious solution.

The remaining learned folk produce a temple design, but it's an odd, unsettlingly organic design calling for rounded shapes. A quick test shows the ash responds as well to attempts to round it as it does to flatten it, but you'll still have to decide if the complexity is worth the effort.

Finally, your glassworkers are left with an unsettling truth: You didn't bring any sand. It's such a ubiquitous material you assumed there'd be some on hand, if not in the ground then stashed away in some room somewhere on the castle, but there's nothing to be found. The only good news is that the glassworkers appear able to work the ash in a vaguely similar manner, so their talents certainly won't go to waste even without it. As it stands now, however, they're stuck making bricks with the rest of the crafters.

Re: the idiot brother: "Brother, an interesting discovery. Now, why don't you drill the troops while we figure a way out of this mess? We may have need of them son."

Re: Mr Stars: "Mr. Stars, how long have we known each other? Why did you not tell me you were making Ash Soup? I WANT the soup and I WILL have it. Now let's see what it tastes like. As for the dead...well I'll take a raincheck on that."

Orders:

My men are to do regular patrols AROUND the castle. They are also encouraged to mingle with the other warriors.
You set your patrols to the perimeter of the castle, your brother to training the troops right next to the castle, and then settle in for some fine dining.

...it proves harder than it looks. While Mr. Stars has succeeded in forming a thick gruel made of what smells like nuts and chert, the ash is left as gooey chunks that must be willed down by the imbiber. Unlike normal soup, which just sort of slides down your throat when you swallow it, these chunks require sustained focus to dissolve and swallow, and you find yourself stumbling more than once.

In the end, you get about half the chunks down before running out of lubricating broth. You're also mentally fatigued and your stomach feels strangely heavy, so you'll mark this down as a partial victory.

As for taste, the broth is much as it smells, while the ash tastes... unique, certainly. Mineral, if you had to guess, but there's a peculiar... lack. Not quite tasting like nothing, so much as the difference between a bubble of air and water of varying temperatures. This is most noticeable in the transition between semisolid chunk and fluid you intend to swallow, and less obvious otherwise.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2020, 12:01:54 pm »

Ttipcmov goes to speak with Yog-Har on the topic of the place of prayer. Based upon observations, cubic walls and ceilings would be easiest to fit together, but the sages will need to work on the final design. Show the piece of the Pewter Cistern and explain it's purpose.

"I only have this piece, so moving it afterward isn't going to work. It should however be able to act as a lodestone for prayer, allowing them to ambrosia to gather in the building instead of being blown away. We can then absorb it directly simply by being nearby. Given enough blood, it may be able to reach full power, but moving it afterward isn't going to be possible without some miracle of development."

"I'll need to talk with Howldyne later too on developing a method to drain water from the clouds abov Or some other solution. Evergreen Dirt is good, but water would still be helpful for growth."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2020, 01:34:35 pm »

Yog-Har glares at Ttipcmov for a moment. "My Sages will work on this project, but this project only, and only because of it's potential usefulness. Do not think my soldiers are yours to command.

Yog-Har will give his Sages permission to help work out a design for the temple, but only that. He then sends word to his laborers to begin setting up temporary Encampment, separate from the other gods' followers, cohesion and discipline in his army must be maintained after all. Finally his orders for his warriors are to begin shifted guard duty, switching between resting to regain their bearings and vigilance.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2020, 01:49:13 pm »

((Alright, so, like, I've not posted for a while because I wanted to wait and get an idea of what the other players are doing before I do more, so we don't like, leave them behind. But only like half the players have posted and it sorta feels like things are going forward anyway. Also I was waiting a bit because because I'm not actually sure what the game structure is suppose to be, from reading the mechanics post on the op, I thought the game structure was going to be divided among turns where we allocate stats to actions, but right now we sorta seem to be doing a more vague thing where it's unclear if that's what's going on outside of a turn structure, or what. I was hoping that the structure of the game would be cleared up as well by waiting, but it's not really becoming more clear either and I sorta feel like I'm being left behind myself by waiting. So like... What's going on.

To Glass, Nakeen, Dgr, Where are you guys?

And to IronyOwl what's the structure of the game like? Should we already be taking actions? Is this spending our attributes? And have you tried sending a PM to the others? I do somewhat wonder if they lost contact with the game because of the small pause as you readied all the items.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6