Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68686 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Your corporate sponsers are not pleased
« Reply #766 on: December 12, 2020, 08:30:33 pm »

So, here’s the deal everybody!

Since we didn’t turn the comms  back on in time, I don’t think our tv show is going to get back on air. Any attempts to end up as the last person standing will probably lead to our execution by the GMs now.

The only way we’re making it out of this now, is if we take over the hangar. So no more acting paranoid, no more lying, and no more wanton murder. There is nothing to be gained from that anymore.

I’m heading to mining area, and I want the rest of the survivors to go there too. I want a count of how many space suits do we have here so far?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 12, 2020, 08:49:29 pm »

Jim Groovester and heydude6 head over to Luckyowl's body and start looting it.

On the body are:

Mind Shield
Intel report
Holdout blaster (spent)
Anti-Tech Field
Space Suit (somewhat shot up)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 12, 2020, 09:03:41 pm »

So I just reached the PM limit somehow. What should I do now?

I'm taking the Anti-tech though. Somehow I managed to survive this entire game without having one.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 12, 2020, 09:15:54 pm »

The spokesman's voice cuts in over the intercom:  "Nothing, huh? Very well. Just remember, you brought this on yourselves."

The deadline has passed.

So, is there any indication of how much time is remaining before bad things happen?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 12, 2020, 09:50:54 pm »

The spokesman's voice cuts in over the intercom:  "Nothing, huh? Very well. Just remember, you brought this on yourselves."

The deadline has passed.

So, is there any indication of how much time is remaining before bad things happen?

No. Not in game.

But I will note that in real time, I recognize that we have players in disparate time zones. So you don't need to panic about, like, doing stuff immediately. But full days real time passing will matter for in-game time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 13, 2020, 04:38:26 am »

WTF just happened? Did the corporation mind control you guys or did you literally start shooting each other for no reason?

I know LuckyOwl is lying about weird stuff but was he actually a non-executioner person?

What :D

Also apparently I can't type into my phone, it was supposed to say signals. Autocorrect, not even once. So, basically I detected signals coming from there.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 13, 2020, 10:39:17 am »

Did you miss the part where he pulled his gun out and started taunting me like I wasn't also armed even more armed to the teeth than he was?

I was planning on shooting him before he did that though. Him lying about a fucking space suit of all things and his convenient flavor claim mishap from however many phases ago was too much for me.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 13, 2020, 10:56:44 am »

I still have an open replicator charge if we need to create something weird.   Just yell!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 13, 2020, 11:26:14 am »

Did you miss the part where he pulled his gun out and started taunting me like I wasn't also armed even more armed to the teeth than he was?

I was planning on shooting him before he did that though. Him lying about a fucking space suit of all things and his convenient flavor claim mishap from however many phases ago was too much for me.

I thought he was reacting to the "you brought this on yourselves" message from the corporation.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 13, 2020, 11:34:02 am »

Just to keep everyone up to date on something rather important:

Caz, Jim Groovester, and heydude6 have all left the mess hall. You are at the locations indicated by the actions you sent me.

So right now all this communication is happening via your communicator units.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 13, 2020, 08:22:20 pm »

We are entering a high action segment of the game. For this part of the game, we're going to be treating things kind of like the Hunt Phase, but with a little more granularity.

You have ~24 hours (until 5pm Pacific Monday) to respond to the situation that has been Pm'd to you.

These can be detailed plans or basic action sets.

You may post your actions here or PM them to me (depending on whether or not you want to be telling the other players what you're doing over the Comms).

As you give me action sets I will update you with your situation.

Come play Mafia with us!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 13, 2020, 09:10:37 pm »

Well, I gotta say things are looking pretty scary right now. I wasn't expecting it to come to this.

Let's hope for the best though.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 14, 2020, 09:48:14 am »

I'm going to go check things out.   I'll report in when I find something.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 14, 2020, 12:22:03 pm »

Well, I gotta say things are looking pretty scary right now. I wasn't expecting it to come to this.

Let's hope for the best though.

About that.

I just went to the shuttle bay.   The doors were blown open, two guys in military space suits are poking around/clearing debris, and another shuttle is approaching. 
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 62