Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68368 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Truce Phase 3 didn't get good ratings last night
« Reply #645 on: December 06, 2020, 08:07:43 pm »

I've been exploring the mines, and Extermibros, I have good news and bad news. Most of the mine has been mined out so there's a lot of hollows in the asteroid. At one end is a mobile hangar station.

The good news is that it probably has ships inside. The bad news is that it's manned and guarded. These might be the security forces that turned the repair ship away and probably people we need to get rid of somehow if we want to escape.

Or maybe we take over the station and the ships and start our own little pirate band.

One way or the other we probably need to get rid of them somehow.

Storage is empty, but there's a small doorway for maintenance droids to travel though, if it's not impossible to search I'll check it out.
I don't know how to open the maintenance droid door in Storage, does anybody know the controls?

If you think it's hackable I could swing by to hack it. It'll have to be during the Hunt phase because exploring the mines took up all of my Truce phase evidently.
I've been exploring the mines, and Extermibros, I have good news and bad news. Most of the mine has been mined out so there's a lot of hollows in the asteroid. At one end is a mobile hangar station.

The good news is that it probably has ships inside. The bad news is that it's manned and guarded. These might be the security forces that turned the repair ship away and probably people we need to get rid of somehow if we want to escape.

Or maybe we take over the station and the ships and start our own little pirate band.

Nice work! Maybe we could use the plasmabomb in the life support to blow it open. Is it breathable? if not could you help us out and get us some space suits?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 06, 2020, 08:09:36 pm »

@Luckyowl:
Because my ATF did went off and now I'm aware that it was the stun bomb. I only assume I got stunned because I got a buzzing sensation after my ATF was triggered and when you said you got stunned. So really it's just a misunderstanding.
So if I got this straight, you did nothing in your room and your ATF went off twice.

No, I only got 1 ATF. It went off when you stunned all of us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 06, 2020, 09:08:28 pm »

@Jim Groovester:
I assume this means we need to go through the mines to reach the mobile hangar? If we don't need a suit once there then this means we need at least two suits to get everyone over there, although if the travel from there to here would take a long time...

Not sure about taking over the station, but escape seems possible if there's only ten guards at certain times. There's six of us and we can arm ourselves pretty well. If we take out the guards and remove their anti-aircraft guns then I think we can make it. I think a big issue will be disabling the cameras so they don't see us coming. Camera stuff is almost certainly in that control room we need ID for.

Storage is empty, but there's a small doorway for maintenance droids to travel though, if it's not impossible to search I'll check it out.
I don't know how to open the maintenance droid door in Storage, does anybody know the controls?
If you think it's hackable I could swing by to hack it. It'll have to be during the Hunt phase because exploring the mines took up all of my Truce phase evidently.
Not sure if it's hackable. I'm going to wait for a droid to go through and follow it, will probably use up most of my Truce Phase. I'll keep you posted.

@Luckyowl:
@Luckyowl:
Because my ATF did went off and now I'm aware that it was the stun bomb. I only assume I got stunned because I got a buzzing sensation after my ATF was triggered and when you said you got stunned. So really it's just a misunderstanding.
So if I got this straight, you did nothing in your room and your ATF went off twice.
No, I only got 1 ATF. It went off when you stunned all of us.
Got it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 06, 2020, 10:18:22 pm »

heydude6 is there a reason you're sending all of us PMs instead of just posting the information in the thread?

The reason I asked Meph to send the intel to everybody was because of the rule about quoting the moderator directly, otherwise, I would've posted the information directly in the thread.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 06, 2020, 10:20:25 pm »

The main thread is monitored by the in-fiction GMs. If they find out what we're doing, they'll enact countermeasures like they did with the repair ship.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 06, 2020, 10:29:12 pm »

The main thread is monitored by the in-fiction GMs. If they find out what we're doing, they'll enact countermeasures like they did with the repair ship.

Are you sure this is actually true? It would be really obnoxious if that were the case.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 06, 2020, 10:34:53 pm »

I'm not sure actually. It's possible the security fleet just happened to spot a trespassing ship and intercepted it.

In any case, I think I communicated the main idea well enough. It wouldn't reveal too much in the main thread if people just stated their opinions on it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 06, 2020, 10:41:10 pm »

Meph, are our communications in the main thread being monitored by our captors?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 06, 2020, 10:58:05 pm »

Well, you are on camera.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 06, 2020, 11:04:10 pm »

Well, you are on camera.

Jim Groovester snaps his fingers and gives a camera finger guns.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 06, 2020, 11:09:09 pm »

Regarding your PM heydude6, I don't think we need to go down that route just yet. I think it will be cheaper and more fun to get out of here ourselves.

I don't know how many people the patrol fighters can hold but hopefully it's enough for six.

The mining pod can hold two (if they get cozy) in the cockpit and it has a cargo bay which can hold more if they have space suits. The mining pod is probably not a viable option for long distance travel out of the station, however.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 06, 2020, 11:46:50 pm »

If the main thread is being monitored I don't see why they wouldn't just be listening to our comms (PMs) either.

For example:
“However, it has also come to our attention that someone tried to call in a repair ship to help you get off this station without finishing the show! Now, we can’t have that, can we? You’re all guilty and you’ll all have to play along or die. Mostly die, really, but we’re not letting someone get off this station that easily! I promise you that they’re already being intercepted by our security forces as we speak.”
We actively discussed calling the repair ship before doing so, the GMs didn't seem aware until after our actual actions went through for the day.

I don't know how many people the patrol fighters can hold but hopefully it's enough for six.
Spoiler: Not game related (click to show/hide)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 07, 2020, 07:03:01 am »

Is the other side beyond an airlock?

The guards won't stand a chance against my speed skates. ;)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 07, 2020, 09:02:50 am »

Hm. If we are being watch. Someone should get a scanner and try to locate hidden cameras. So we can create a blind spot for us to discuss our plans.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 07, 2020, 11:06:45 am »

Meph
1) What's the effective range of an assassin bot? 
2) Could it sneak into a ship to take out the pilot?
3) Could something (say a stun/plasma bomb) be attached to an assassin bot and remotely triggered?

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 62