Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68393 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 2 is in progress
« Reply #585 on: December 04, 2020, 04:43:08 pm »

@Meph: Is the Intel completely true and not misleading in this game?

No evidence to the contrary has surface.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 04, 2020, 04:59:41 pm »

And that people in dead chat confirmed to several currently alive players that I was faking juicebox's death with the 111111?
Or you sent those messages.

So, let me see if I understand what you’re saying. You think Jim is a cult leader who recruits people by tricking them into turning off their mindshields. Those who have have turned them off are suckers who are duped into thinking that Jim’s psychic transmissions are those of the dead chat.

I would say your theory is outlandish, but the fact that there are psychic transmissions at all is already pretty weird. Based on how my PM actions have been working out so far, it should be totally possible to get out of here without ever receiving a “ghost message”. Though I guess turning off the mindshield was what first clued us in to the ability to contact the outside world at all.

All I can say is that there hasn’t been too much evidence for the strange messages to be more complicated than they appear. I would stick with Ockham’s razor on this one. The reason why the spirits treat Jim like a God is because he was the one leading us in day 2 and trying to gather money to call a ship that did indeed arrive. If what he said about Juicebox is true (and real spirits would know this), then that would be even more reason for them to trust him.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 04, 2020, 05:01:03 pm »

You don’t have to turn off your mindshield, we don’t need to do that to escape, but try not to kill anyone out of paranoia either, ok?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 04, 2020, 05:08:12 pm »

@Meph: Is the Intel completely true and not misleading in this game?
No evidence to the contrary has surface.
Not helpful for us since we've only seen Alien Exterminator flips.

@Heydude:
I want to double check everything, because if everything being said is the truth I don't see why this game is still going...

Attempt number three: please tell me what you mean about the life treatment room.

You don’t have to turn off your mindshield, we don’t need to do that to escape, but try not to kill anyone out of paranoia either, ok?
I'm keeping mine on just in case but yeah that's fine. I'm not killing, it would be suicidal at this point anyway.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 04, 2020, 05:37:26 pm »

Why would dead people talk about the MINES? Are they just giving random suggestions or somehow know more than us?

From the beginning of Truce Phase 1:
Luckyowl:
So how's everyone doing? And what we're gonna do? Kill eachother or try to find a way out of this station? There's probably some escape pods if we can find it maybe we can get out this shit hole. But I'm down for a bloodbath and I never got an ad Shakerag what are you talking about?
You turned off your mind shield for the night phase too, right?  I got an advertisement for ship repair on the planet "Zoobat".
Did Tricmagic really send us an advertisement about ship repair and talk about a planet Zoobat? This must be the same ship repair that Jim apparently ended up calling over. This couldn't have been sent by dead chat.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #590 on: December 04, 2020, 06:12:52 pm »

If we are to believe the dead are talking to us. I most likely I think they are suggesting us to pay our attention to the mines. But there is a slight possibility that ghosts can explore the station like us, and most likely reach places we can't reach.

I prefer to take the most obvious approach about the ads and that in truth they're just ads transmitted from some radio station. Probably all those ads we got came from Planet Zoobat.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 04, 2020, 06:18:01 pm »

@Heydude:
I want to double check everything, because if everything being said is the truth I don't see why this game is still going...

I'm assuming you're saying that in response to this:
Spoiler: quote (click to show/hide)

The reason why we haven't gotten out right away is because Meph is deliberately making some of our actions take time. The phone call I need to make tonight was only possible in hunt phase because that's the time the person I was trying to call would be available. And I'll likely have to do something else after this as well.

I assume it's done this way to keep the game going and give us the time to doubt eachother.

Attempt number three: please tell me what you mean about the life treatment room.

Hunt phase is not the time to share that info.

Why would dead people talk about the MINES? Are they just giving random suggestions or somehow know more than us?

Seems like it has to be the latter. I get the feeling that the ghosts can freely explore the station by walking through walls and that kind of stuff. Otherwise, they should have no knowledge of what's in the mines either.

Did Tricmagic really send us an advertisement about ship repair and talk about a planet Zoobat? This must be the same ship repair that Jim apparently ended up calling over. This couldn't have been sent by dead chat.

You are correct about that. I find it strange that advertisements and dead chat are contacted through the same means. I never got an advertisement when I tried to contact the spirits, but I know others have. You can use the search function to find other people who got ads. I'm too much of a rush to do it myself though.

Ninjaed

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 04, 2020, 06:43:51 pm »

I got the ship repair advertisement.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 04, 2020, 06:55:55 pm »

Hunt Phase ends in 1 hour.

I got busy so I didn't end up doing any write-ups yet, so you have 1 out to change your mind if you need to. Once we hit 5 I will no longer accept any changes to the current plans.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 04, 2020, 08:57:17 pm »

In b4 I die.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 05, 2020, 05:25:13 am »

In b4 I die.

If you targeted me I will be so disappoint

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 05, 2020, 10:33:05 am »

BTW, I was busy last night so I'll finish up the writeups sometime today.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 05, 2020, 01:53:15 pm »

BTW, I was busy last night so I'll finish up the writeups sometime today.

*fidgets nervously*
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 05, 2020, 07:06:48 pm »

The announcement of the Truce Phase goes out over the station speakers and you return to the mess hall.

Everyone seems accounted for.

Once there the voice of the Speaker comes over the system:

“Well, that was just terribly boring, wasn’t it? Ugh. We really need to rethink what we put in that shop for the next time. Anyway, you all need to be more aggressive. Rest up, rearm, and for the sake of KOR see if you can actually try to
kill someone next time, ok?”

The monitor is just showing a bit of artwork this morning.

Perhaps this is supposed to be inspirational?

Anyway, you have a truce phase. Time to decide what to do with it.

Truce Phase will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday or until everyone declares that they are Ready.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Truce Phase 3 didn't get good ratings last night
« Reply #599 on: December 05, 2020, 07:08:15 pm »

Well there was a lot I tried to do but I got stun bombed.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 62