Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68538 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 1 is in progress
« Reply #465 on: December 01, 2020, 01:29:09 pm »

I  checked 4maskwolf's body and it looks like he was killed by a plasma pistol. My guess is that there is 3 killers and those 3 killers must be the agent of chaos. For this reason, I estimate Jim Groovester, Toonyman, and Shakerag killed last night.

Jim Groovester: Why were you planning on killing me on day 1?

Toonyman: Why did you thought targeting Juicebox would prove Jim's innocence? What if the shadowy figure did not strike first before you? wouldn't it just make you look like the agent of chaos? even if Jim didn't kill Juicebox, what's stopping him from killing the other three? It's not like he need the money anyways especially that he just looted Webadict, and Tric, and probably the other 3.

Shakerag: I just wanted to confirm something.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 01, 2020, 02:16:51 pm »

Weird, the station didn't blow up.
You killed 4mask and Webadict didn't you?

You going to offer an explanation about how that would even be possible? I gave Jim my KOR (confirmed), so there's literally no way I can even do that.

And as obviously full of crap as web was, you had a bounty on him (which I assume means you have lots of KOR now). Cool. How about getting us a hacking tool so we can take control of the station and stop the repair ship being blown up?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 01, 2020, 03:00:02 pm »

I  checked 4maskwolf's body and it looks like he was killed by a plasma pistol. My guess is that there is 3 killers and those 3 killers must be the agent of chaos. For this reason, I estimate Jim Groovester, Toonyman, and Shakerag killed last night.

Not that I think anyone can confirm it, but I haven't taken a night action yet. 

Did anyone look at the bodies of 4maskwolf, IcyTea31, juicebox, and webadict to confirm how they were killed?

Meph: Can I inspect the bodies of 4maskwolf, IcyTea31, juicebox, and webadict to determine how they were killed?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 01, 2020, 03:54:54 pm »

Looks like 4mask, Icy, and juicebox were all killed by plasma pistols, webadict definitely killed by the assassin bot.   So I concur that three people got trigger happy last night. 

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 01, 2020, 06:23:16 pm »

Toonyman: Why did you thought targeting Juicebox would prove Jim's innocence? What if the shadowy figure did not strike first before you? wouldn't it just make you look like the agent of chaos? even if Jim didn't kill Juicebox, what's stopping him from killing the other three? It's not like he need the money anyways especially that he just looted Webadict, and Tric, and probably the other 3.
True, Jim could have killed one of the other victims, but there would be no bounty to claim in that case. Maybe my play wasn't the best choice, but at least I came forward with my actions where as the other Juicebox killer is keeping quiet (let alone the other three people that have died). I checked with Meph and if that other Juicebox attacker is Jim then he would get claim to the bounty.

Weird, the station didn't blow up.
You killed 4mask and Webadict didn't you?
You going to offer an explanation about how that would even be possible? I gave Jim my KOR (confirmed), so there's literally no way I can even do that.
Looting corpses and trading tech are both possible actions, you could have trade/sold tech and bought the bot on the previous Truce Phase for example, you clearly have motivation to remove both of these people. I'm willing to bet at least you and one of Jim/Heydude have a bounty in their balance.

Looks like 4mask, Icy, and juicebox were all killed by plasma pistols, webadict definitely killed by the assassin bot.   So I concur that three people got trigger happy last night. 
Anyone you trust enough here to trade your Assassin Bot back and forth with to support your claim story?

@Heydude, we need some input today.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 01, 2020, 06:47:59 pm »

At work so don't have much time to comment.

I'm receiving fragments of messages telepathically from somewhere. My guess is people in dead chat are trying to contact me but I can't rule out that the source is from somewhere else.

Not going to claim how much money I have nor what items were on the people I looted. If nobody had died I wouldn't be hesitating but four people did so I can't say I'm willing to extend a lot of trust at the moment.

IcyTea31 had a used personal shield on him so he was attacked twice.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 01, 2020, 07:03:35 pm »

So this has been a very bad day so far and I've been doing all sorts of things in the PMs. What I say now, is the product of some very deliberate thought and I want everyone to listen to me.

Right now, Jim and Toonyman are going at eachother's throats and I want you guys to stop it. At this rate, things are going to devolve into a mexican stand-off. Though the the idea of somehow politically outmaneuvering one's way into victory is appealing, I doubt anybody is actually going to win.

Let me give you a few end-game scenarios:
  • Only two of us are left at the start of day 3. Our only choices are to NK eachother or to tech-kill eachother. Regardless, the survivors will almost certainly at this point have collected a bounty so mutual plasmabomb is the inevitable outcome.
  • Only 3 of us are left at the end of day 3. This one actually does have some room for maneuvering into a victory. It's a question of whether two people will both plasmabomb eachother. If that happens, then the 3rd player will be the victor. It's still very Dicy though.
  • Only 4 of us left. I see this as the best case scenario if we continue on this paranoid path. Trying to end up as a lone survivor probably is do-able, but whittling yourselves down to the last 2 is also a dangerous risk.

Of course, maybe some of you still think this is worth pursuing, I don't blame you. A chance is a chance, but let me say something that will quiet the ambitions of the more active of you. Last night there were 4 people who 100% without a shadow of a doubt killed someone. Those people were Jim Groovester, Toonyman, Caz, and myself Heydude6.

• I targeted Juicebox with a mind-control ray and sent him at Iceytea because I didn't want him to kill me. I then used my night action to kill Iceytea, since I was expecting a shield to absorb Juicebox's attack.
  • Caz killed 4maskwolf
  • Jim and Toonyman both targeted Juicebox
  • Either Jim or Toonyman killed webadict with an assassin bot and likely tampered with his corpse.

Now that I've exposed us, I think it would be stupid to try winning the traditional way. We can stop self-righteously trying to blame murders on other people now, and start trying to work together again.

That may sound a bit silly considering all the carnage that's been caused, but I honestly believe that most of us were trying to escape during day 2. Jim genuinely spent his money to call the ship, Toonyman compiled the list of bounty chains, and Luckyowl and Shakerag didn't kill last night. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough money so a fair amount of us talked about a potential need for a bounty claim.

Spoiler: quotes (click to show/hide)

And due to a lack of communication (it is a touchy subject after all), all of us acted on our own to get those funds.

And now we have those funds. Today is our best chance of getting out of here peacefully. Tomorrow onwards, people will die and that money will be gone.

I'm not a fool though. Our actions have broken the trust of our teammates and have caused paranoia. Something must be done. This is what I came up with.

READ CAREFULLY

Caz, Toonyman, Jim Groovester, and me Heydude6, will give our 1000 KOR bounties to Shakerag because he is one of the only two people who didn't kill that night. If he you have already bought some tech today, tell us what it is and then sell it (or sell your day 1 medium tech instead if you still have it).

This does two things. First, It disarms us and makes us much less dangerous. We are less likely to win the final showdown without tech and are therefore better incentivized to cooperate and be trustworthy.

Second. A large central pool of funds will allow us to better finance whatever plans we come up with, avoiding the problems on day 2.

Of course, even this is not enough. Here is the next part of the agreement and the part that you must listen to. If you do not give up your cash when asked to,and you cannot come up with a good explanation, then I will give my money to Shakerag or LuckyOwl and have them plasmabomb you tonight. Either you give us your money or you die with it. Carrying it into day 3 is not an option for us murderers.

Cooperation will be doomed by that point, but at least no one who's killed will have a chance at winning. So your best play is to try to make it out alive with us.

Is that clear? Once the money has been transferred, we can start discussing a new plan. I spent a lot of my day focusing on that as well. But we need to prevent the GMs from listening in on us this time.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 01, 2020, 08:56:54 pm »

Mind controlling Juicebox to kill Icytea, clever...

Okay great, so three bounties were claimed last night then. Heydude on IcyTea, Caz on 4mask, and Jim on Juicebox.

I'm willing to sell my large tech (which I'll admit is a plasma bomb now) and give the cash to Shakerag once it's proven he still has his assassin bot on him. I'm okay with cooperating considering I think Heydude is being sincere here, plus my plasma bomb is too dangerous to use anymore.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 01, 2020, 09:29:44 pm »

stuff

lmao you are literally the least trusting person in this game and you want to talk about trust and cooperation?

You have been the most disruptive element to any peaceful resolution to this game.

Why should I extend any faith in any plan you propose?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 01, 2020, 09:44:29 pm »

Because if you don't we will kill you. Simple is that. That's kind of the whole point of this thing? This plan doesn't rely on trust. It's pure game theory.

Also I laugh at how you accuse me of being the most disruptive element. I only killed one person last night, yet somehow there are 4 bodies. Right now, I'm the only person trying to keep this team together.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 01, 2020, 09:54:12 pm »

I'm responsible for zero deaths, so try again.

Right now, I'm the only person trying to keep this team together.
I only killed one person last night

I can't resolve the juxtaposition between your stated intentions and your claimed actions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 01, 2020, 09:58:57 pm »

Also I laugh at how you accuse me of being the most disruptive element. I only killed one person last night, yet somehow there are 4 bodies. Right now, I'm the only person trying to keep this team together.
I think Jim is referring to the fact you blind fired Tricmagic on Day 1. (I still think that was just a bad play)

So this is how it's going to be is it.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 01, 2020, 10:07:21 pm »

Right now, I'm the only person trying to keep this team together.
I only killed one person last night

I can't resolve the juxtaposition between your stated intentions and your claimed actions.

I love your use of Ad-hominem. It may be my plan, but I'm not the one executing it. That is in the hands of the innocent ones. Maybe try convincing them why it won't work. I'm bound by these rules just as your are. Once Shakerag comes back online it will be easy for him to confirm that I transferred him the money.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 01, 2020, 10:10:01 pm »

But seriously, we needed the money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 01, 2020, 10:46:00 pm »

A couple of things I want to touch on that I didn't have the opportunity to while I was at work.

I'm receiving fragments of messages telepathically from somewhere. My guess is people in dead chat are trying to contact me but I can't rule out that the source is from somewhere else.

I received two messages. It's hard to explain what they are without quoting the PM directly. The first one is barely a message at all and is a few letters separated by ellipsis.

The second is much clearer. It mentions 'time left' and 'escape plan'.

I think there's a way to resolve this peacefully but seriously all of you need to stop killing each other.

IcyTea31 had a used personal shield on him so he was attacked twice.

He had a used personal shield, a stab wound in the throat, and a plasma hole in his chest. I think that might be at least two attempts, and likely three.

I didn't check the other bodies but it would probably be smart to check them closely for the number of attempts in order to run down what happened during the phase.

True, Jim could have killed one of the other victims, but there would be no bounty to claim in that case. Maybe my play wasn't the best choice, but at least I came forward with my actions where as the other Juicebox killer is keeping quiet (let alone the other three people that have died). I checked with Meph and if that other Juicebox attacker is Jim then he would get claim to the bounty.

I collected juicebox's bounty but I was not trying to kill him. I was attempting to see if it was possible to fake his death in order to collect the bounty.

He was in on it. We were making a show of struggling when he started behaving oddly and darted off to go attack somebody. So I can confirm heydude6 using Mind Control on juicebox.

Afterward I engaged in a short shootout with juicebox's killer and then left.

According to Meph since it looked like I was trying to kill juicebox, but wasn't actually trying to kill him, I collected his bounty.

And as obviously full of crap as web was, you had a bounty on him (which I assume means you have lots of KOR now). Cool. How about getting us a hacking tool so we can take control of the station and stop the repair ship being blown up?

The repair ship called me at the start of the phase and told me they were stopped by armed ships and had to turn around.

Don't worry about the hacking tool since I already bought a Replicator and made one.

But seriously, we needed the money.

Okay this is the first thing you've said that I somewhat agree with.

I think we could've made do without the killing though. (Hence me trying to collect juicebox's bounty bloodlessly.)

I had enough faith in people not killing me that I didn't feel the need to protect myself from the possibility. This faith was completely misplaced apparently.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62