Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68463 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 3 is full of tension
« Reply #705 on: December 09, 2020, 10:04:25 pm »

Ok, I got some messages but they're super duper garbled.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 10, 2020, 10:28:47 am »

*crosses fingers for first Exty win in Paranormal*

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 10, 2020, 11:53:56 am »

inb4 I should have listened to dead chat
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 10, 2020, 09:12:15 pm »

Super sorry for the delay, everyone. Ended up much busier today than expected, and I won't have time tonight. I'll try to get it all finished first thing in the morning, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 11, 2020, 06:39:24 am »

Haven't had time to read/post much, trying to get up to code for bird flu govt order and handing in work so this week has been cray cray. Are we in day/truce yet? If so I give my psychic/general scanner to Jim so he can use it to help take over the hangar. It should be able to detect transmissions/radio.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 11, 2020, 06:40:39 am »

(Also I thought I already did that but I think it was just discussed in pm? I need tools to turn the other mind shield into an antenna but crafting takes up a lot of time so I haven't got to it yet.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Truce Phase 3 didn't get good ratings last night
« Reply #711 on: December 11, 2020, 09:30:22 am »

I got another message from the dead. After sometime deciphering this is what I got.
"ToonyMan's paranoia is getting in the way of figuring a way out before everbody dies. "  Meph is probably gonna make it harder to decipher the next time I ask a question from the dead. But I think this message is a good piece of advice for ToonyMan.
I mean I want to play mafia, but I don't think there's an antagonistic faction among us. In my opinion it would be interesting if one or two people were working with the company to make it exciting or something, but I'm not seeing it. Nobody tried to kill yesterday (except maybe Caz who is being a complete ass and not responding to me), and I was only targeted because of my own actions. At this point if I tried to play coy it would be 5 vs 1 and I would lose, meanwhile attempting to escape with my fellow innocents and killers has a higher chance of success. I would be totally down for throwing paranoia everywhere if this was standard mafia and hidden wincons didn't exist.

Lol, seriously? You're getting annoyed when I wont answer questions of you trying to figure out if your assassin bot works on me so you can claim the bounty? :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 11, 2020, 02:40:20 pm »

Caz why would I kill at this point? We have plenty of money and items, you told me yourself you have a personal shield, I told everybody who my bounty was, I only have an assassin bot right now because I found one in the maintenance droid room along with a plasma bomb (that I'm giving to Jim) and a communicator which I'm using to try to help all of us. I wanted to stun you in case you're lying and actually tried to kill people last night but didn't have an ATF and were stunned. You killing me or Jim could cause huge problems. Unfortunately, I had to go for the Replicator to give myself and Luckyowl a space suit since we're going through with the plan tonight. The fact Jim was kind enough to leave suits out for two more people you should count your blessings Caz, since I'm not helping you with shit right now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 11, 2020, 06:37:03 pm »

You gather up back at the Mess hall after the call about the next Truce Phase goes out over the intercom system.

Toonyman, however, does not join you.

The scene in the mess hall is oddly quiet. The monitors are dark. The shop appears to be closed.

After a bit the spokesman’s voice comes over the comms.

“All right, this has gone on long enough. We know what you’re planning and cutting out the feeds from the station aren’t going to do you any favors. You have one hour to get the feeds restored and back to playing by our rules or you’re going to get an ending to all of this that none of us wants.”

“This is your final warning!”

Well. Interesting. Perhaps Toonyman turned off the feeds?

You head up to the C&C room to see if he’s up there.

He is. Or, well, his body. He seems to have been taken down by a couple of plasma shots. One to the back, one to the front. Oddly, his personal shield seems to be intact and functioning. He has a used-up holdout blaster on his wrist.

He seems to still be logged into the system, though, and you can clearly see that the camera and microphone system on the base has been shut down.

You have limited time to decide what to do. Best get to discussing it.

The Truce phase has begun. You only have until ~5pm Pacific Saturday to act before the corporation moves on its own.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Truce Phase 4 was shot in the back
« Reply #714 on: December 11, 2020, 06:59:15 pm »

Go figure, the guys disarming the bomb walk away but the hacker futzing around with the computer dies.

It looks like all the preparations I wanted to do are complete but there wasn't enough time to launch the assault on the hangar.

Alright, ToonyMan, who did it?

111111 - Caz
222222 - Shakerag
333333 - Jim Groovester
444444 - heydude6
555555 - Luckyowl
666666 - somebody else entirely
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #715 on: December 11, 2020, 07:00:52 pm »

Well shit, I was busy gathering all the maintenance drones.  And Jim was busy modifying them.

This only leaves, Shakerag, Heydude6, and Caz as suspects.

Meph: are players allow to shoot more than once when they target someone?  I also want tol publicly inspect the room to see if there are any plasma hole. More specifically trying to see if I can see three plasma hole. Two from the plasma pistol, and one from the holdout blaster.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 11, 2020, 07:03:14 pm »

111111 - Caz
222222 - Shakerag
333333 - Jim Groovester
444444 - heydude6
555555 - Luckyowl
666666 - somebody else entirely

Also,

777777 - can't tell from flavor alone

Shout outs to dead chat for the being the GOAT bomb disposal team.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 11, 2020, 07:28:18 pm »

Is it possible a maintenance droid shot him? It seems like Toony did tamper with something, and we all know how aggressive those bots can get when you mess around too much.

That fact that he still has his shield intact makes me think that the person who attacked him had a kill confirmer. That's an expensive large tech, so at the very least that rules me out as a suspect since I'm flat broke. Shakerag and Caz are both good suspects in that case, cause I don't believe Jim would have double-crossed us like that.

You should add a code for the maintenance droid though Jim.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 11, 2020, 07:43:56 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 11, 2020, 07:59:45 pm »

Meph: are players allow to shoot more than once when they target someone?  I also want tol publicly inspect the room to see if there are any plasma hole. More specifically trying to see if I can see three plasma hole. Two from the plasma pistol, and one from the holdout blaster.

The action is 'Night Kill [person]'. What flavor I decide to go with for that is entirely up to me. Although things like a personal shield protecting someone and whatnot will dictate how I go about writing up the flavor.

But, yeah, I can have someone fill their target with holes 'just to be safe' if I feel like it.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 62