Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68405 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 2 is in progress
« Reply #570 on: December 04, 2020, 10:47:24 am »

I got "111111" as a message which more or less confirms that dead chat is trying to talk to us.

Alright, dead chat, on a scale of 000000 to 999999, how mad is webadict in there?

Hunt Phase ends ~5pm Pacific Today. So, about 9 hours or so from now. Although I have everyone's actions so I'll probably end it early unless someone objects to that.

No objections here.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 04, 2020, 11:31:16 am »

I got some with 1's in it too

Did you build the antenna already?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 04, 2020, 12:09:09 pm »

No, I don't have a tool kit.

The message was fragmented but unambiguous.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 04, 2020, 12:14:17 pm »

I got some with 1's in it too

Ditto, of course.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 04, 2020, 12:59:46 pm »

Check the life support room. I found it a while ago and showed Shakerag. It might be something we'll have to deal with at some point. Maybe even tonight.
Could you explain this please? I didn't have time to check.
PM me if it can't be public.

I successfully looted TricMagic, webadict, and IcyTea31. I absolutely made an attempt to loot 4maskwolf and juicebox but somebody else beat me to them.
IcyTea31 and TricMagic had Intel. I will leave webadict's large item, and everything else I looted, a secret.
Anybody want to fess up to 4mask and Juicebox's looting? It wasn't me.

Alright dead chat I want you to confirm that I was trying to fake juicebox's death. I want you to do this by sending "111111" if I was or "222222" if I wasn't.
I told webadict about it ahead of the attempt and juicebox was in on it so if it is dead chat trying to send us messages they can confirm what I was trying to do.
I got "111111" as a message which more or less confirms that dead chat is trying to talk to us.
Is this a slip? You said it was 100% dead chat before backing up why it would make sense to be dead chat.

@Meph: If somebody was targeted maliciously, but not lethally (such as conversion), can they collect their bounty if another player kills the target?
Not sure what you mean by 'conversion'. But basically, it boils down to if they thought you tried to kill them, and they died, you get the bounty. If they don't think you tried to kill them, you don't. That's pretty much it.
Can an alien with psychic abilities exist in this game? Like a psychic hivemind?

I want everybody to show their Mind Shield tomorrow like what Luckyowl did before. I will as well.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #575 on: December 04, 2020, 01:16:04 pm »

I just send everyone a message with my psychic ability. You should be receiving, something like"LO,LO,LO"

If this works. This will dismantle Jim credibility just a little. Still it's possible we can all send message to eachother with our minds and also being able to contact the dead.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 04, 2020, 01:30:52 pm »

@Meph: If somebody was targeted maliciously, but not lethally (such as conversion), can they collect their bounty if another player kills the target?
Not sure what you mean by 'conversion'. But basically, it boils down to if they thought you tried to kill them, and they died, you get the bounty. If they don't think you tried to kill them, you don't. That's pretty much it.
Can an alien with psychic abilities exist in this game? Like a psychic hivemind?

It's possible.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #577 on: December 04, 2020, 02:09:42 pm »

Meph: Is sending a message telepathically counts as a hunt action? Or is it something we can do freely?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 04, 2020, 02:18:17 pm »

Meph: Is sending a message telepathically counts as a hunt action? Or is it something we can do freely?

Something basic is pretty freely done. If someone tries something intensive that'd be worked out with the rest of the Hunt Action write-ups.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 04, 2020, 02:31:50 pm »

Is this a slip? You said it was 100% dead chat before backing up why it would make sense to be dead chat.

I'm pretty sure I've been saying I thought it was dead chat but I didn't know for certain. Indeed,

I'm receiving fragments of messages telepathically from somewhere. My guess is people in dead chat are trying to contact me but I can't rule out that the source is from somewhere else.
I got another message. I'm thinking the messages are from dead chat since the message I got name dropped one of the players in here.

It seems pretty clear now though.

Anyways I received two psychic messages and webadict is apparently at 333333 or 444444 levels of angry depending on who you ask from there.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 04, 2020, 02:48:07 pm »

Here's my theory. Jim "tossed his mind shield" because he never started the game with one. He was doing something to Juicebox that isn't explainable with what everyone else can do here and I happened to witness it, maybe the GMs are in on it, maybe they aren't aware.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 04, 2020, 02:50:16 pm »

The two-use scanner that he gave to 4mask would be Jim's medium tech slot he started with. People had already claimed intel before he did so it's easy to claim.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 04, 2020, 02:56:52 pm »

Are you willing to test your hypothesis? I tossed it away during N1 but I'm sure if I told you where on the station to look for it you could find it.

Furthermore how do you balance your theory with the list of dead people who grabbed Intel who all confirmed that we're all Exterminators? And that nobody has flipped anything except Exterminator so far? And that people in dead chat confirmed to several currently alive players that I was faking juicebox's death with the 111111?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 04, 2020, 04:19:22 pm »

Are you willing to test your hypothesis? I tossed it away during N1 but I'm sure if I told you where on the station to look for it you could find it.
Where is it?

@Meph: Is the Intel completely true and not misleading in this game?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 04, 2020, 04:21:37 pm »

And that people in dead chat confirmed to several currently alive players that I was faking juicebox's death with the 111111?
Or you sent those messages.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62