Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Game over! 4 Exterminators Escaped!  (Read 68461 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 3 - Hunt Phase 1 is in progress
« Reply #435 on: November 29, 2020, 01:03:46 am »

It's too late for me to sell now.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 29, 2020, 01:21:20 am »

I'm broke Jim.

If every player in the game donated as little as 50 KOR right now, we'd reach our donation goals in thirty seconds.

Hey, I at least explained myself. Can't say that for everyone.

itsajoke
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 29, 2020, 04:36:24 am »

webadict -> Caz -> 4maskwolf -> ToonyMan -> webadict

Oh right I see why webadict is suddenly so 'suspicious' of me now.

I had intel too, obviously. You got my last 50KOR. When day comes around I'm going to try and dismantle the maintenance bots for scrap now that I have a shield to protect from their weapons. Hopefully I can sell it or make the scrap into something to sell.

Though you're right, we could easily get enough if two people sell their large items. I know web has the ULTRA!!!BOMB!!!!!!!! and heydude used his, but c'mon there's no way every other player got intel. I counted only 3-4 that were seemingly aware of it day 1.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 29, 2020, 11:16:56 am »

I presently have an assassin bot, hold-out blaster, and personal shield.   Let me know if those can be used (although I plan on selling the bot tomorrow).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2020, 11:43:17 am »

webadict -> Caz -> 4maskwolf -> ToonyMan -> webadict

Oh right I see why webadict is suddenly so 'suspicious' of me now.
The worst part is that you think that's why. It must be unfortunate to be stuck in that loop when it's disproven with the easiest use of logic ever.

Do the simplest thought experiment alive: I kill you. I have 1000 KOR to use to save myself from literally everyone else because I am now a giant threat for three obvious reasons: 1) I'm playing the killing game, 2) I'm not following Jim's plan like I said I was and have therefore lost all credibility, and 3) I have a buttload of KOR.

No, the only way I can survive that is by getting more people to kill. And making myself a deadman bomber isn't going to entice a lot of people to do that.

Now, you probably think I strapped myself with a no-kill bomb to make it so I could kill you, but I came up with a good counter to that, thanks to some information.

There are several people in the game that now have access to my money account. The reason being that if you are not a part of your bounty's being killed, you recieve nothing. That way, I'd be cleared of killing you. Even in the case of a frame job.

You're really stuck inside your own head if you think I'd be stupid enough to kill you without thinking through the consequences. 1000 KOR gets me killed by the people that know my money balance. And it had nothing to do with the shields.

See? I'm not stupid enough to kill you.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2020, 12:59:35 pm »

Alright, sorry for doubting you Jim, I just called the repair shop and they confirmed the purchase.

Right now I'm trying to connect to the repair spaceship and ask them when it get here to call us and we'll open up. If the repair spaceship calls back it can mean that there's no outside defense turrets, if they don't then something went wrong...I really hope they call.

I also wandered a bit and found Tric's body in some sort of morgue. Not sure how he got there, but it seems like all his gears were stripped off him. So if anyone looted him please sell them off so we can buy a hacking tool.

Anyways I'll be giving my 25KOR on top of that. My other 25KOR from my holdout blaster. So that's my 50 right there. I hope all of you do the same when the truce phase comes around.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 29, 2020, 02:58:54 pm »

Reminder: Hunt Phase ends in ~5 Hours. If you have not gotten your actions in, do so ASAP so I can do the write-ups.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 29, 2020, 08:02:43 pm »

Hunt Phase is now ended. No more changes to Night Actions may be done. I will have the results up either tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how busy my evening ends up being.

You may still communicate during this time, but I won't be accepting any new activities until the Truce phase starts up.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 29, 2020, 08:17:10 pm »

In b4 I die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 29, 2020, 10:43:44 pm »

Oh cheese wow I missed this in the 2 weeks I was away due to local calamities and posting to watch aaaaaa it's nice to see people back!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 30, 2020, 11:41:45 am »

Oh cheese wow I missed this in the 2 weeks I was away due to local calamities and posting to watch aaaaaa it's nice to see people back!
You can join BYOR 15!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 30, 2020, 12:19:36 pm »

Hey Tir! Sorry you missed out on this one, but it's good to see you. :)
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 30, 2020, 08:07:32 pm »

Oh geez, this Phase was bad, wasn't it?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 30, 2020, 09:35:55 pm »

As the announcement of the Truce Phase is broadcast across the station you all head back to the Mess hall.

Once there you find quite a sight.

Webadict’s body lies in pool of blood along side a trashed Assassin Bot and a pile of scrap electronics.

All three monitors seem to have been disassembled, although a maintenance droid is currently working on putting the main screen back together.

The voice of the spokesman comes over the loudspeakers:
“Well, that was much better! Quite a show you all put on! And now we’re down to six, as 4maskwolf, IcyTea31, juicebox, and webadict have all been crossed off the list!”

“However, it has also come to our attention that someone tried to call in a repair ship to help you get off this station without finishing the show! Now, we can’t have that, can we? You’re all guilty and you’ll all have to play along or die. Mostly die, really, but we’re not letting someone get off this station that easily! I promise you that they’re already being intercepted by our security forces as we speak.”

“But enough of that. Make your plans, buy your gear, and let’s have another round of glorious combat, shall we?”

The shop opens up in the wall and the droid inside comes to life again. The Truce has begun.

The Truce Phase has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday or until everyone has posted that they are Ready to proceed.

Very sorry about the delay. It was a combination of me not having as much time last night to work on the write-ups as I'd hoped and quite a lot of complicated interactions to get figured out and written up.

Oh geez, this Phase was bad, wasn't it?

...a bit, yeah.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 30, 2020, 09:38:52 pm »

Ouch.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62