Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Gods are Watching - POC Edition  (Read 4325 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Gods are Watching - POC Edition
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 06:25:07 am »

Bless Engdal Duchy

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 06:38:22 am »

Curse Ilyanoris
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 07:57:28 am »

Ever thought of logging each turn in the OP. Something like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It would be much appreciated for new comers when the game becomes more complicated.

I will be blessing Goldtooth tribe

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 08:28:53 am »

Bless the Goldtooth.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2020, 08:46:17 am »

Ever thought of logging each turn in the OP. Something like this.

It would be much appreciated for new comers when the game becomes more complicated.

Yeah sure, if it help you !

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2020, 09:06:09 am »

Continue blessing the Grodel Republic, in the hopes that they may do something of acclaim.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2020, 11:32:11 am »

Bless Engdal Duchy

Nice work on the map, by the way.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2020, 12:59:39 pm »

Continue blessing the Grodel Republic, in the hopes that they may do something of acclaim.

Just to clear any ambiguity if needed : the bless alone does not create event. The events on the "normal turns" are (mostly) random, and then randomly distributed to states. Though it is perfectly fine to bless or curse the same country each turn to trigger an event once the state is powerful / weakened enough.
Also, I will let it roll for few turns to see how it goes, but I fear that 10 in power pool to trigger an event is a too tall barrier. I may reduce it to 5 or 6, but again, we will see first. This first game is here to test after all.

Bless Engdal Duchy

Nice work on the map, by the way.

Thanks ! I use multi layers on Gimp, it makes it quite easier to modify the map, although it tends to struggle if I create too many text boxes in one session.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year 1030

Year 1022 : After a decade of recovery, the Logura Federation finally break the truce with the Vidunese Kingdom to get its coastal city back, and more if they get on.
1 v 6 = Smashing Vidunese victory
Turns out they do not. Cornered between the vidunese troops and the walls of the city they were besieging, Loguran army is all but slaughtered, aside the totality of the federation's representatives.
In disarray, many loguran cities swear fealty to the approaching vidunese army, or proclaim independence only to be conquered a few months later. By 1024, the Logura Federation is no more.

Year 1024 : After decades of interfamilies marriages and diplomatic work with chiefs of the Rodol Nomad Clan, the duke of Baewen Duchy finally offers a peaceful integration into his realm, one of the most ancient state of the broken kingdom of Hyrun.
3 v 5 = Rodol refusal
The nomads are however still attached to their freedom, and declined the offer. Not so bad, considering the duke's envoy came back with all his limbs.
In a gesture of appeasement, the duke give to the nomads his tundra lands, which are scarcely populated and quite worthless anyway.

Year 1027 : Seeking guarantees in the wake of vidunese's conquest, the duke of Dalguri Duchy manages to marry his daughter to the son and heir of the Vidunese Kingdom, to the great displeasure of the rival kingdom of Divusene.
3 v 6 = Marriage in favor of Visunese (which apparently is full of pep this turn)
Dalguri's duke will later kick himself for this, as the marriage did not kept the duchy's independence, but instead firmly attached it inside Visunese's sphere of influence. Officially an ally, the duke is more like a vassal... To his king.

Year 1030 : War has broken out between Larinise and Briven kingdoms, for the control of the old Hyrun's capital, Selentia ! Both kings immediatly gather soldiers, but larinise ones cross the border first.
4 v 1 = Larinise first victory
Trapping the Briven's forces, the larinise army manages to deal a crippling blow to their foes a few days of walk from the capital. The Briven king is able despite this to get back to his capital.
The siege of Selentia begins.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:04:14 pm by Ixarys »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2020, 01:13:09 pm »

Bless Goldtooth Tribe

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2020, 01:28:02 pm »

Just to clear any ambiguity if needed : the bless alone does not create event. The events on the "normal turns" are (mostly) random, and then randomly distributed to states. Though it is perfectly fine to bless or curse the same country each turn to trigger an event once the state is powerful / weakened enough.
Also, I will let it roll for few turns to see how it goes, but I fear that 10 in power pool to trigger an event is a too tall barrier. I may reduce it to 5 or 6, but again, we will see first. This first game is here to test after all.
I'm aware, don't worry. I just don't like saying stuff without some degree of flavor text.

In other news, continue to raise the fortunes of the Grodel Republic, that their glories might shine through the seas and skies.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 02:11:54 pm »

Bless Engdal Duchy

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2020, 03:07:36 pm »

Bless the Black Leaf Tribe. For the tribes bound by kin blood, must not bend before power of the foreign slaver. The debt of suffering must be payed from those who would drive them from their land.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2020, 03:54:42 am »

Curse Ilyanoris

Why is no one cursing stuff?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2020, 04:03:47 am »

Poke Engdal Duchy with the Stick of Blessing, in the hope that something good will happen

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2020, 10:20:26 am »

Year 1040

Year 1031 : In reaction to the invasion of Briven Kingdom by the Larinise Kingdom, the Tirodal Principality launches an attack to stop the larinise advance.
6 v 4 = Tirodal victory
As the larinise army is besieging Briven's capital, the tirodalians successfully invade the eastern part of the kingdom

Year 1032 : Selentia, capital of Briven Kingdom, finally fall. The army of the Larinise Kingdom prepare for conquest of Briven hinterland.
1 v 6 = Outstanding Briven victory
The king of Briven, locked in his own dungeons managed to escape and rise the rabble against the occupiers. The larinises piteously retrait, and offer to recognize their defeat to Briven and Tirodal.
Having already lost thousands of soldiers, the Briven king accepts the treaty's advantageous terms, as do Tirodal Prince to keep the power balance in the region.

Year 1035 : Exceeded by the slavers of the Poris Federation, the Black Leaf Tribe retaliates in a raid on the bordering villages of the federation.
1+1 v 3 = Minor Poris victory
Despite the surprise, Poris' superior military saves the day and pushes back the Black Leaf tribesmen back to their forests. But did the Poris well received the tribals' message ?

Year 1037 : Feeling threatened by the rise of Vidunese Kingdom, the Vedinar Federation moves its pawns and send troops to Ridhel Chiefdom.
6 v 2 = Major Vedinar victory
After a brief battle won by Vedinars, the Ridhel chief chose to surrender. Vedinar council decide to seize part of ridhelian territory and making the chiefdom their tributary.

Year 1039 : To enforce strengthen its forces between the Viduneses and the Vedinars, the Divusene Kingdom try to take control of Shadars military orders on its territory.
1 v 4 = Shadars refusal
This go quite terribly, as the orders shouted to blasphemy. Even worse, those who did not moved abroad combined forces as the Shredded Orderto depose the divusene king. The considerable means of the orders are used to force him if necessary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6