Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: New Worlds (ISG)  (Read 9208 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Worlds (ISG)
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2020, 03:05:05 am »

We need to start trying to translate the honking thing's language so we can communicate with it.

Also a string of radio ads begins flooding the ships communications systems, and they all seem to be about car wax.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2020, 11:06:49 pm »

A repetitive thumping sound begins filling the tunnel, carrying through into the interior of the ship.  At the same time the lights in the tunnel begin pulsing in sync with the thumping while also changing colors.  Also, the capsule like thing begins emitting multiple color-changing laser beams which twirl around occasionally drawing patterns and pictures on the walls.  The laser beams are (relatively) harmless.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2020, 03:27:06 am »

A repetitive thumping sound begins filling the tunnel, carrying through into the interior of the ship.  At the same time the lights in the tunnel begin pulsing in sync with the thumping while also changing colors.  Also, the capsule like thing begins emitting multiple color-changing laser beams which twirl around occasionally drawing patterns and pictures on the walls.  The laser beams are (relatively) harmless.
Somewhere in the background everyone hears someone say, pants off dance off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2020, 09:13:07 am »

Somewhere in the background everyone hears someone say, pants off dance off.

Captain Hardclaw is not amused, and begins to grumpily worry about whether they can find a way to the mission objective, or even just a way out, by following this tunnel. He wants Johnny to turn around and brave the predatory surface again.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2020, 09:00:29 am »

We need to start trying to translate the honking thing's language so we can communicate with it.

Also a string of radio ads begins flooding the ships communications systems, and they all seem to be about car wax.
+1
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2020, 04:12:58 pm »

As the ship approaches the mechanical octopus, it begins showing holographic advertisements for products that enhance the strange honking things' coating, apparently known as 'car wax'.

"Need a fix-up after the Skyfall? Want to look stunning for the upcoming race? Or just going out for an afternoon drive? TangerineCorp Ultra Liquid-Wax delivers maximum synthetic protection, durability, depth of color, and reflectivity for your coating needs."

There is a holographic visual of a strange honking thing honking in an excited and satisfied manner, showing off its shiny waxed coating.

"TangerineCorp Ultra Liquid-Wax. If you've got the time, we've got the shine."

"C...car...? Is that what these strange honking things are called?"

A string of radio ads begins flooding the ships communications systems, and they all seem to be about car wax.

"A shine that lasts forever."
      "Sparkly cars go far!"
      "See us you must, or else you will rust!"

"These 'cars' really seem to fancy their wax..."

"Say, this seems like a good time to test a translation device I've been working on to better help us understand and communicate with these beings. I'm going to try and interact with the 'car' we collected earlier. Please stand by..."

"Ehem. Hello, comrade Car?"

"Honk-honk, honk honk-honk. Honk-honk honk honk honk?" -> "Greetings, strange bio-crawler. Was that something about car wax I just heard?"

"Err, yes. We received numerous car wax advertisements through our communications systems just now. Anyway, can you tell me about yourself?"

"I like car wax. TangerineCorp is great but they're an industry giant and I like helping out the little guys. Waxomax got some nice gel stuff."

"Right. How about something related to your history and what you're doing here?"

"I got some shopping history with TangerineCorp. Their liquid-wax is nice but sometimes you just want a rough waxing, y'know?"

"Uh huh... Um, is there anything not related to wax you can tell me? Like who you are and how you came to be here?"

"Well, my name's Micky, and I was driving along after exploding out of a Great Steel Bucket when the Skyfall began. I was trying to warn you guys about it when you guys decided to pick me up and put me in here. So that's how I came to be here. Least you could do is get me some wax."

"A-Ah, of course. I'll see what I can do about that. Thank you for the chat, Micky."

Dr. Prawning turns off the translation device and switches back to the crew communication line.

"Did you guys get that? It seems these beings are sentient and quite capable of advanced communication, despite a seemingly relentless interest in wax."

"Well, at least we know it's relatively harmless. But I sure as hell ain't gonna go off lookin' to get this thing its wax. We got more important things to worry about, like the situation in the systems room, not to mention the damn mission."

"Oh right, sir, since the air-sonar is out of commission for the time being, we should switch to using organic photon neuro-processed sonar."

"Hmm, right. I forgot we had that ability. This must've been what lobsters had to do for detection purposes before air-sonar was invented."

"Organic photon neuro-processed sonar? Wait, isn't that just looking with our eyes?"

"It's more than just looking with our eyes! It's squinting and focusing really hard with our eyes! And at the same time not really focusing at all and just sort of zoning out. Combine that with our lobster intuition and we've got this photon-pulse thing going on that's sort of like a primitive air-sonar."

"Ah yes, I feel like a real cave-lobster now."

A repetitive thumping sound suddenly begins filling the tunnel, carrying through into the interior of the ship.  At the same time the lights in the tunnel begin pulsing in sync with the thumping while also changing colors.

Spoiler: owo_gif_alert (click to show/hide)

"Hey, I'm detecting something up ahead with my neuro-processed sonar!"

The capsule like thing soon begins emitting multiple color-changing laser beams which twirl around occasionally drawing patterns and pictures on the walls. The laser beams seem relatively harmless.

Spoiler: owo_gif_alert2 (click to show/hide)

"Woah! My neuro-processed sonar is detecting a lot of snazziness in the tunnel ahead!"

Somewhere in the background everyone hears a voice say "pants off dance off."

"What was that!?"

"I don't know but I think we should listen to them!"

"But Steppy you're not even wearing pants!"

"I mean metaphorically!"

Steppy begins dancing, the rest of the crew joining and thumping along with the beat, save for Captain Hardclaw, who is not amused.

"HEY! Stop this nonsense right NOW! We still have a damn mission to complete!"
   His voice is loud and jogs the dancing crew out of their trance.
   "I don't know where this tunnel is taking us or if we can even find a way out! Turn us around Johnny, we're gettin' the hell out of here and back on track!"

"Aww I was just gettin' into it."

"Guess you gotta put those metaphorical pants back on."

"We're going back up? T-to those swarming striped horrors?..."

Johnny turns the ship around and flies back out the way they came, leaving the prismatic party tunnel and flying out of the giant clam and onto the predatory surface once again.

The surface has changed a bit since earlier, as the pineapple rainstorm has become more of a drizzle, and much of the fallen pineapple pieces have been eaten by the Zebras, most of whom seem to have migrated elsewhere, though a few packs continue to scour around looking for leftover pineapple.

A few mech-unicorns roam the plains, looking for larvae to eat while avoiding the lurking fork-snakes, while some of the surviving larvae have found their ways up the beacon stems, turning into cocoons to eventually hatch into wasps. The strange honking things known as 'cars' have calmed down since the pineapple rain lessened, and are cruising around peacefully with their windows open. All in all things on the surface have become a lot more settled.

The ship continues on its way, and soon nears its mission destination as the day approaches late evening. There is a small village up ahead, soft glows emanating from behind some of the windows of the buildings. Mysterious bipeds in white coats and funny hats and wielding knives can be seen walking around the place, going about their business.

"We're nearing Croid 7 now and... it looks like a human settlement. Little is known about these bipedal creatures, but those knives they carry around make me more than a little nervous."

"Mmm, so we're finally here. Let's start taking in data and atmospheric readings. Poseidon knows this is already gonna be a damn long report."

Spoiler: Ship inventory (click to show/hide)

Optional: Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you'd like!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2020, 03:33:09 am »

The humans would like to invite the crew of the Decapoda to take a “hot bath”.  They also want to “introduce” everyone aboard to something called “clarified butter”.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2020, 06:59:13 am »

The humans would like to invite the crew of the Decapoda to take a “hot bath”.  They also want to “introduce” everyone aboard to something called “clarified butter”.
Upon hearing this Dr. Prawning realized that they weren't humans but a close relative called chefs and that that reminded her that chefs were her species's oldest enemy and they were lead by Chef Boyar2d2 the evil cyborg head chef, she immediately starts yelling for them to get the ship as far from them as possible.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2020, 03:19:17 pm »

An ant wielding a shotgun emerges from the top of the tower and shouts over to the ship.

"Aye! Anthropoid allies!  Advance at all aggressiveness against an armored architecture!"

He shoots at and misses one of the chefs, who scatter and hide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2020, 05:07:54 pm »

Some wasps also begin targeting the humans, stinging them and carrying them away to be food for the queen

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2021, 06:53:39 am »

When this happens one of the chefs yells "wasps my only weakness!" right before one of them carries him away.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2021, 09:34:55 pm »

The car begins honking -> "Can we get over to that tall tower there? I think I recognize the heraldic badge of the Gleam Dream Wax company."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2021, 11:15:53 pm »

One of the crew mentions that the tower seems less dangerous than here, and agrees to head towards it

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2021, 08:27:41 pm »

The humans soon see the ship, and begin approaching.

"Greetings airship travelers, and welcome to our town! Would you all like to come out and take a hot bath?"

"Oh man a hot bath sounds amazing right now, let's go!"

"I don't know if we got time for this."

"C'mon, we'd like to introduce you all to something called clarified butter. It'll be a real treat!" The human says, sharpening his knife with a sharpening stone.

"Hmm this clarified butter thing does sound intriguing..."

"Wait! Something's not right!... These aren't humans, they're chefs!"

"Chefs!?"

"Yes, a close relative of humans, and our species's oldest enemy, led by Chef Boyar2d2 the evil cyborg head chef! We need to get far away from them, now!"

An ant wielding a shotgun emerges from the top of the nearby tower and shouts over to the ship.

"Aye! Anthropoid allies! Advance at all aggressiveness against an armored architecture!"

He shoots at and misses one of the chefs, who scatter and hide.

"The ants are attacking! Sound the alarm!"

Some wasps fly in and also begin targeting the chefs, stinging them and carrying them away to be food for the queen.

"Wasps my only weakness!" A chef yells right before being carried away by a wasp.

"The wasps are attacking also! Sound the alarm!... again!"

Inside the ship, Micky the car begins honking -> "Can we get over to that tall tower there? I think I recognize the heraldic badge of the Gleam Dream Wax company."

"It does seem less dangerous than here, we should go over there."

Johnny pilots the ship over to the tower, as Micky studies the symbol on the tower.

"Yes indeed it is the Gleam Dream Wax company's heraldic badge! They're one of the oldest known wax companies in the world, and basically an urban legend! Their wax was said to have been used by the Royal Wagons and limousines of olden days, making them gleam so much they didn't even need headlights! If this is here, then... could this place have been one of the company's bases of operation?..."

Meanwhile more chefs are arriving, brandishing their knives. Some of them are even equipped with pans, using them as shields.

A highly decorated-looking chef soon emerges from one of the buildings, commanding the other chefs strategically.

"Shieldchefs, shield wall!" The commanding chef yells, as the pan-wielding chefs move into formation.

"Oh no, it's Head Chef Boyar2d2!"

"Advance!" The pan-wielding chefs then begin slowly advancing in unison on the tower.

Spoiler: Ship inventory (click to show/hide)

Optional: Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you'd like!

Spoiler: also (click to show/hide)

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2021, 08:36:15 pm »

Spoiler: re:also (click to show/hide)

One of the members opens where the air so air is, causing some of the sticky stuff to land on the ground, some of the chefs get stuck in it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8