Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Expansion of adventurer positions  (Read 582 times)

MC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Expansion of adventurer positions
« on: November 09, 2020, 10:06:22 am »

So this is a pretty small suggestion and while I know this is sorta related to the next update on the table after intrigue/villains get ironed out, there are a few of what I guess I'd call baby steps that don't actually add to the behavior of towns in any meaningful way but would make attaining positions in adventure mode feel way more impactful. Specifically a bunch of features and flags that are already in the game but could be combined or expanded really easily. And by "easily" I mean everything here is something I've been able to do myself with gm-editor that also has some form of input (dialog option, shift-i option, etc) already built in that does something very similar.

Secede: probably limited by loyalty or if you hold a "duty bound" position you cannot give away, but being able to purge your entity links to join up with bandits or even start your own entity like bandits/necormancers do would be neat.

More [RULES_FROM_LOCATION]: Don't really get why its limited to so few sites. Most sites have "throne rooms" of some type, but the only type you can seize through the "claim" option are hamlets (maybe castles? I've heard you can do that but never bothered. I know towns dont work). Claims also seem to be the only things this tag even effects given pretty much all rulers seem to have preferred locations.

Inviting people to become residents: Basically enabling a version of the "invite to become hearthperson/lieutenant" for noncombatants. They wouldn't necessarily do anything, but they'd move in to your town. Maybe if you invite refugees or something your rep goes up with them like if you reunited them or something.

Make adminstrator: Basically once you build/conquer your first location new ones you conquer may become holdings just like in fort mode, and in place of the "offer your position as lord" option you can offer to make someone your administrator so you still technically own the site.

Declaring war, making peace, etc: War I figure would work like insurrections. Maybe when discussing an army on the march or someones ascension to position after saying "It must be stopped with violent force!" you either automatically declare war on them or have the option to, at which point the game just does whatever it is it normally does when two civs are at war without you doing much else. Likewise if you make an enemy ruler yield you should be able to force them to surrender and become a tributary. Kinda dumb how currently you can slaughter all of someone's retainers, break both their legs, force them to yield, have them marked as "terrified of you", get bully rep with them, and they still won't acquiesce to any demands. Also allied units and companions actually respecting peace agreements and yielding would be nice. Even bandits wont normally kill someone who yields, but your companions will almost always escalate the fight like nothing happened.

adoption: This one is the one that least fits my requirements as stated at the start (notably because I don't believe that there is a legends mode string for this event occurring already, while everything else has one), however it's also the most important IMO because it would solve the issue of "spend time with family" being in the game but impossible to complete without modding for adv mode as well as solving a role playing issue. Basically if you encounter an orphan (and have somewhere for them to stay AKA fit the requirements to have hearthpeople) you can offer to adopt them at which point your relationship flags are set as family members and they go live in your base. Now you actually have motivation to return "home" to get your needs filled and you don't have to feel bad about abandoned children with nowhere to go.

Again, I know all these suggestions fall under a few of the near term arcs, however all of them are already possible to do through memory hacking and I feel like would make great small additions to adventure mode without actually requiring any new features.
This is a terrible mod. All crashmanship is of the highest quality. This object is adorned with hanging rings of notification spam. This object menaces with spikes of llama wool. On the item is an image of a large oval dwarf flesh cabochan in elf bone. The artwork relates to the attack of an unknown creature on an unknown creature in a time before time. It was inevitable.