Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Democracy At Its Finest! 1st game started!  (Read 5241 times)

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Democracy At Its Finest! 1st game started!
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2020, 08:27:16 am »

Yeah, on second thought, I drop. It's pretty clear this game requires an alien mindscape to my own.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2020, 10:47:14 am »

1: aside from myself for obvious reasons, the most vocal members should take priority. That means you would be the next best investigation target icytea, because if you are Fascist, The last thing i want to do is feed into what is essentially a misinformation machine. At the same time, you would likely be first to call out someone if they are Fascist and you are not, for what little that is worth. For the same reasons, i find cstun and shadowclaw to be the least valuable because they have taken very little if any initiative.

2&3:The issue with picking and judging a strategy in this game is that it's like comparing Classic mafia to games like blood on the clocktower or Among us. the translation is partial at best, and malignant at worst until multiple matches have played out and a definite grasp has been attained on both sides of the match. There are still reasons to be suspicious, namely lack of interaction with discussion, but that is really one of the very few parallels that remains true.

4:This is precisely why I want to be investigated Twice instead of once, preferably by you and someone who was previously in power. If two people are willing to confirm me a liberal, then a third will either register as fascist (which can easily be counterclaimed) or will also come up liberal and thusly be a Hard Confirm of my role. Additionally, the people investigating me will Always have truthful information, and will change behavior to reflect that. If another liberal investigated me and found me to be a liberal, why not pick me for chancellor any times they can?

Reverse question time: Why do you think I want to be investigated so badly if I am playing Fascist, and why would I ask to be investigated multiple times and come into power as chancellor at least one time?

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2020, 11:25:18 am »

((Not a player, posting so I remember this exists and to express interest))

Wanna replace ctsun in this match?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2020, 11:29:55 am »

I don't have much to note, other than that IcyTea / flazeo are now in the same situation as me / Luckyowl. I will be picking one of the three others who have not been in the government (ctsun, Dustan Hache, Shadowclaw) next.

Dustan Hache, you seem to be offering a vigorous encouragement to investigate yourself. While this willingness might suggest that you are a liberal and thus not afraid to be investigated, your insistence that multiple people do so is a little off. IcyTea is right that there will likely not be time / political power to do multiple investigations of you, which comes at the cost of well, not investigating others. I don't think there is any reason to do so when we are all capable of taking who did the investigation (and their own trustworthiness) into account. It might seem that you are setting yourself up just in case the first investigation of you comes out as fascist.

Yeah, on second thought, I drop. It's pretty clear this game requires an alien mindscape to my own.

This is extremely unfortunate. Is there any way we could convince you to stay? The game balance will be affected regardless of what you are (3 liberals vs 3 fascists, or 4 liberals vs 2 fascists).

EDIT: Or hopefully someone could replace you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2020, 11:40:47 am »

((Not a player, posting so I remember this exists and to express interest))

Wanna replace ctsun in this match?

Sure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2020, 11:48:20 am »

Then you're in.

Gonna PM you your role in a moment.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2020, 12:52:21 pm »

1: aside from myself for obvious reasons, the most vocal members should take priority. That means you would be the next best investigation target icytea, because if you are Fascist, The last thing i want to do is feed into what is essentially a misinformation machine. At the same time, you would likely be first to call out someone if they are Fascist and you are not, for what little that is worth. For the same reasons, i find cstun and shadowclaw to be the least valuable because they have taken very little if any initiative.

You seem to be throwing a great deal of shade IcyTea's way here, man. What alignment do you think he is?

I also disagree wholeheartedly with your logic; quieter players need to be investigated, because they're still on the list of potential presidential picks, and we have nothing that can be used to glean their alignment if they don't post other than an investigation.

They can ignore pleas to post, they can't ignore being investigated by the government.

2&3:The issue with picking and judging a strategy in this game is that it's like comparing Classic mafia to games like blood on the clocktower or Among us. the translation is partial at best, and malignant at worst until multiple matches have played out and a definite grasp has been attained on both sides of the match. There are still reasons to be suspicious, namely lack of interaction with discussion, but that is really one of the very few parallels that remains true.

This doesn't make sense. These are all games about communication, if someone is unwilling to communicate it brings suspicion on them. This is my main bone of contention with what you posted above. Willingness to communicate implies willingness to help find liberals or fascists. Figuring out whether a player is either of those helps.

We can say no, sure, but we can only do that so often if we want to maintain a choice of what policies are implemented.

4:This is precisely why I want to be investigated Twice instead of once, preferably by you and someone who was previously in power. If two people are willing to confirm me a liberal, then a third will either register as fascist (which can easily be counterclaimed) or will also come up liberal and thusly be a Hard Confirm of my role. Additionally, the people investigating me will Always have truthful information, and will change behavior to reflect that. If another liberal investigated me and found me to be a liberal, why not pick me for chancellor any times they can?

Who is the liberal who will investigate you?

Reverse question time: Why do you think I want to be investigated so badly if I am playing Fascist, and why would I ask to be investigated multiple times and come into power as chancellor at least one time?

If you are fascist:

You expect the first person investigating you will be fascist. I think that would be IcyTea, unless some fascist policies are passed and I'm not misunderstanding the rules? This makes me uneasy if true, as the two most vocal players being fascist is... not great.

As cnidaros said, more than one investigation on you is a waste of an investigation, and if a fascist says you're liberal then a liberal says you're fascist you've now spread discord among the players.

Chancellor has the real power, they pass the laws.

If you are liberal:

You hope the people investigating you are liberal without you knowing if they are liberal. You were throwing shade on IcyTea up in the top portion of this post, and to essentially reword asking you what alignment IcyTea is, would you be cool with IcyTea investigating you?

Cnidaros again: more than one investigation on you is still wasting an investigation, and even if a fascist does it, they don't necessarily have to lie about you for them to gain lib cred with you.

Chancellor has the real power, they pass the laws.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2020, 07:57:59 pm »

1:The only issue with that plan is that it may be better to simply skip them altogether rather than waste resources on someone who will not contribute to the discussion readily. After all, we can choose to vote "nay" and skip a candidate at the cost of discord.

2:There is also the issue of meaningless communication, which by pursuing this particular topic you are engaging in. You can rag on about how someone isn't talking for multiple rounds, but you also need to know if the information is relevant or even meaningful. In this case, it was to explain why i feel scumhunting/townhunting via pure discussion is a flawed and pointless strategy, and why i want to start investigations ASAP.

3:Icytea, luckyowl and Flazeo are all people i would like to have investigate me, being slightly more likely to be liberal having Participated in discussion and passed policies that are liberal. This is not guaranteed since there's a chance they are fascists in disguise, but i wont argue with anyone investigating me or them regardless. My only concern is if shadowclaw or hector investigate someone else or spend power in some way, since the notable silence on shadowclaw's part and very recent join-in of hector leaves them both relatively unknown and untrustworthy, and probable fascists in shadowclaws case.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:01:03 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2020, 12:57:51 pm »

TURN 3:
Government Election Phase

Cnidaros becomes Presidential Candidate

Presidential Candidate Cnidaros, please select your Chancellor Candidate

Spoiler: Policies: 2/0 (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2020, 01:38:48 pm »

My Chancellor candidate will be hector13.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2020, 01:43:36 pm »

Aye

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2020, 01:44:25 pm »

Aye
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2020, 01:45:08 pm »

Aye

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2020, 03:01:18 pm »

Aye

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2020, 03:01:37 pm »

Aye
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9