Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Democracy At Its Finest! 1st game started!  (Read 5252 times)

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Democracy At Its Finest! 1st game started!
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2020, 07:15:20 pm »

Aye.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2020, 07:19:42 pm »

Aye.
Edit: that's simple majority
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:33:17 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2020, 09:46:07 am »

Is this ded, or in PMs phase
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2020, 10:03:42 am »

It was in 'GM got distracted' phase.

2nd Government:

President: flazeo25
Chancellor: IcyTea31

Spoiler: Power&Policies: 1/0 (click to show/hide)

Sending 3 Policies to President flazeo25 now.

EDIT: President flazeo25 discarded one policy, forwarding the rest to Chancellor IcyTea31.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 11:42:01 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2020, 01:19:46 pm »

2nd Government:

President: flazeo25
Chancellor: IcyTea31

Spoiler: Power&Policies: 2/0 (click to show/hide)

Chancellor IcyTea31 implements Liberal policy, 'Social Security!'

Free Talk Phase (~24 hours) begins now!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2020, 01:35:01 pm »

IcyTea31 what were the cards flazeo25 handed down to you?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2020, 01:53:29 pm »

3 Liberal/Social Security
8 Fascist/Media Censorship

It occurred to me that that cards are unique, so I asked Haspen and learnt that as the discard pile is only reshuffled into the draw pile once the draw pile is empty, card counting is possible.

This means that there are only 2 or 3 liberal cards left in the draw pile, and 8 or 9 fascist cards, depending on what flazeo drew.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2020, 02:34:14 pm »

3 Liberal/Social Security
8 Fascist/Media Censorship

It occurred to me that that cards are unique, so I asked Haspen and learnt that as the discard pile is only reshuffled into the draw pile once the draw pile is empty, card counting is possible.

This means that there are only 2 or 3 liberal cards left in the draw pile, and 8 or 9 fascist cards, depending on what flazeo drew.

This sort of beg the question. Is the fascist trying to lessen the odd so a liberal is force to choose from a full fascist draw? Only four us played so far. Making you, me, Cnidaros, and Flazeo25 possible facist. We know that there is only 3 fascists. So maybe only of us is a liberal? But that's just a crazy theory.

The most reasonable explanation is that. Cnidaros, and you are most likely liberals. Since this is the early part of the game where people are trying to read on eachother and the last thing you want is to pick a fascist card off bat. However this does leave me, and flazeo25 the most suspicious one. Since we both can lie about the card we chose to discard. It's plausible. But it's hard to get a read on everyone here. Only four of us are trying to have a discussion on who might be the fascist.. Making me believe that there is 3 to 2 fascist among the 3 unspoken one.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2020, 03:13:44 pm »

This sort of beg the question. Is the fascist trying to lessen the odd so a liberal is force to choose from a full fascist draw?
Aren't the draws random? Unless I've missed something, the only control the players have over the deck's composition is implementing policies. Yes, there are now two cards out of the deck and at least one in the discard pile, but the former are how we win the game and the latter will be back in the deck in four turns from now.

Cnidaros, and you are most likely liberals. Since -- the last thing you want is to pick a fascist card off bat.
Doesn't the latter contradict the former? If a fascist wouldn't want to pick a fascist card this early on, how does picking a liberal card prove me and Cnidaros as liberal?

However this does leave me, and flazeo25 the most suspicious one. Since we both can lie about the card we chose to discard.
If someone draws Corporate Taxation before the next shuffle, they will know you lied. Which is also why I'd like to know:

Flazeo25: which card did you discard?

Only four of us are trying to have a discussion on who might be the fascist.. Making me believe that there is 3 to 2 fascist among the 3 unspoken one.
Lack of activity in the day phase is considered a scumtell in Mafia, indeed. This is a game about communication, and liberals can't win without it. But do you really believe none or almost none of the active players so far have been suspicious?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2020, 03:17:26 pm »

If the chancellor lies about their cards, the president will immediately know. So if a chancellor is later found to have lied, their president should be put under suspicion as well.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2020, 03:21:23 pm »

I discarded  card #11 Fascist/Nationalization of Industries and Services.

Not much difference between two fascist ones.

Also speaking of cards if chancellor faced with choose between 1 of two fascist policies if one of them the lower execution cost, then playing that will out you to us as facists since thats one card we must ensure doesn't get played.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:26:00 pm by flazeo25 »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2020, 03:32:49 pm »

Not necessarily. If we already know who the fascists are well enough to deny them presidency and have a trustworthy core of liberal players, the option to take out a fascist is game-winning.

However, if that card does get played, we must ensure to never allow a fascist to be president as long as there's enough PP to use the execution.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2020, 03:38:08 pm »

Not much difference between two fascist ones.
This implies you believe the different fascist cards are comparable. How would you rank the ones with actual effects?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2020, 03:40:02 pm »

I understand your enthusiasm IcyTea31, but this ain't majority of my games, so editing posts is preferable to double-posting :P
SigFlags!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2020, 03:47:15 pm »

Alright. I guess I'm used to Mafia rules where editing posts is forbidden so you can't un-say things in a game where what you say now will likely be scrutinized later once there's more information.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9