Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Aspects of History  (Read 2068 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Aspects of History
« on: November 04, 2020, 10:00:09 am »

Become a spirit that decides fates and histories of peoples and governments of the world!

Spoiler: Rolls, Aspects, Cards (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eras and Timeline (click to show/hide)

List of Aspects:
.. ??
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:44:40 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Aspects of History
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 10:06:10 am »

Name: The Unnamed Prince
Username: Glass
Sphere: Prosperity
Short description: A man dressed in fine clothes and adorned with a small crown, entirely made of gold and silver. His face, however, is completely smooth and blank, like an ancient coin long worn away.

I suggest the Iron/Ritual era, at ~6500 years.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 10:08:52 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 10:32:37 am »

Name: Oggithoth
Username: Crazyabe
Sphere: Chaos
A1
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:14:33 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 10:33:26 am »

What does 1,1 mean ;v
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 10:43:10 am »

Name: Core
Username: TricMagic
Sphere: The Calamity
Short description: A mass of malignant flesh that has absorbed the toxicity of the world, it rampages to spread the poison it shall absorb, continuing the cycle of destruction and restoration.

Suggests Copper-Raw Magic Eras.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 10:57:49 am »

Name: The Fortune bringer
Username: Rockeater
Sphere: Magic
Short description: A small blue and yellow snake with two heads

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 11:00:09 am »

I'd like to note that my minimum allowable start date is 5500, when Ritual Magic starts.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 11:15:10 am »

Name: Rhythmos
Username: KittyTac
Sphere: Balance
Short description: A shining silver set of scales (as in old weighting machine).
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 11:16:26 am »

Yet the second one picked A1, the beginning. That's not compromise, but dictatorship. Who are you to decide upon such a late start?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 11:29:17 am »

Yet the second one picked A1, the beginning. That's not compromise, but dictatorship. Who are you to decide upon such a late start?
5500 and 6500 are the third and fourth start dates. There are eight start dates total. These are not nearly as late as you're implying.
Regardless, I was declaring the lowest level I'd be willing to go in negotiations. It is up to Abe to decide what to do with that.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 11:57:01 am »

YEAR 6600 (Turn 1): Era of Iron and Ritual Magic

Spoiler: Important states (click to show/hide)

Current Events:

1. 3rd Atzkyran-Watzaki War: Control of inland trade routes and disputes over omnipotence of their pantheons have just sparked a new war between the two empires. Currently the main theatre of war is in the lands between the two empires and in the northern reaches, and Watzaki is on the defensive.
1-1. Siege of Batamusta: The northernly Watzaki port city of Batamusta is besieged by land and sea by Atzkyran forces, and the defenders have it tough.
1-2. Kidnapping of Crown Prince Yezki: Yezki, heir to the throne of Watzaki, has been recently captured by pirates. His life, and orderly succession to Watzaki throne, is in dire danger.
1-3. Negotiations with Torian Alliance: Politicians from Watzaki have entered negotiations with Torian Alliance to bring it into the war on the side of Watzaki, as the Torian navies could greatly boost Watzaki strength in the war.
1-4. Inland Famine: Horrors of war as well as recent drought have brought famine upon heads of the inland Watzaki. Peoples starve to death in their homes and whole villages are abandoned as people move eastways towards the more prosperous and fertile coastal cities.
1-5. Opposition of the Diviners: Prophets of Atzkyran Pantheon loudly speak of impending doom that will befall Atzkyran people if they continue the war. This draws the ire of the Priest-King Atazkar II and his priest-generals.
2. Mausoleum of Tatarguian: A wealthy merchant, named Tatarguian, from Torian city of Kallia, has gathered artisans and masons of high reputation and has commissioned them to build himself a large tomb that goes up toward the skies, rather than down into the earth. This a first in the region, and against the usual burial traditions of Torian peoples.
3. Rrryxanthfuur the Dragon: A blue-scaled dragon called Rryxanthfuur is currently ravaging the Poiponk's countryside. People huddle in their homes, hoping the ancient beast does not incinerate them next.
4. Amandas the Poet: A young poet called Amandas has began gathering reputation as innovative, poetary genius. His song-poems are being widely repeated and important personas in city-state of Degoba commission him to write poetry for them.
5. Tail-Star of Murkisle: A tail-bearing star has appeared above the island of Murk. Hakko seafarers ponder the meaning of the omen... while coast-side astronomers nervously report on their clay-tablets that the star grows bigger every passing season.
6. City-state of Uhanka: The fiery lands of Sokor Island in the far north have recently been visited by Watzaki travelers and traders, who report that Uhanka people have begun forming first cities of mudbrick and palmtree logs. Local chieftains gear for war and certain families start to gain political power over their neighbours.
7. Valley of Death: Atzkyran colonists moving into Ooganta Valley turn up dead... or undead. Evil lurks in the valley and it starts to become problem reaching further than the remote villages and hamlets of Atzkyran peoples.
8. High Tides of Poiijan Sea: Every passing winter, the tides grow taller and sea-storms grow more powerful in Poiijan Sea. Peoples in Tatako, Degoba, Gereika and Poipoink bemoan the wrath of the sea as their shipping is disrupted and low-lying areas are inundated with salt water.
9. Eteben Heresy: A high-priest of Torian Graces, Eteben, has began preaching that that the Graces are simply various forms of the chief deity, Ota, rather than separate beings. Influential men and women in his home city of Kerebba lend their ears to him, while neighbour cities clamor to eradicate him and his followers in a hasty attempt to appease the oft-temperamental Torian Graces.
SigFlags!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 12:13:59 pm »

1-3: Positive. Intention: the Torian Alliance gains a lot in the negotiations, and their assistance in the war effort allows the war to come to a much quicker end, helping to ameliorate the horrors of war.

5: Wild/Positive. Intention: As the tail-star waxes, fish become more prolific, and harvests show greater yields. It will wane again in time, only to start its growth anew at the end of its 17-year cycle.

9: Positive. Intention: It is peacefully established that the Graces are, indeed, unique, but over the course of the heresy and its resolution, Ota is inextricably conflated with the Faceless Prince. Use Power to bolster this.

(Am I doing this correctly?)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:17:14 am by Glass »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 12:41:34 pm »

The Core, The Calamity

Calamity: Negative 1-2, Power Card
War sails with a skulled flag held high
The Crown Prince Yezki shall rise to become the leader of all the pirates of the sea and wage war against the Torian Alliance. The Alliance joins the war only for the war to escalate beyond all control. Cities shall fall, people shall die, lands shall be razed and plundered. And in it all does the Crown Prince rise or fall by the Calamity's limb, War's avatar of destruction of anguish, delighting in the agony of his enemies and the spoils of his plunder.

Calamity: Negative 1-4,
Pestilence flows forth on the backs of the innocent
The crops which wither in their seed, the food which lives and carries the disease. The backs of peasants, the breath of pestilence issues forth from their mouths. Wasting their bodies no matter how much they eat, they turn to skin and bone, brittle and weak. So does this poison the cities inland and out, travel across the land as they ever seek food that does not aid them. So shall it spread.

Calamity: Negative 1-5,
Famine fans the flames which destroy reason
Divine Prophets fall on death ears as food feeds the war effort. The leaders seek greater gains, ignoring the plight and emptying coffers. Envy and greed lead ever onward to a bright future, an illusion of prosperity that shall never come. A dark era of war and endless bloodshed seeking to prop up a failing empire through constant conquests.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:52:02 pm by TricMagic »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 12:43:50 pm »

1-3: Positive. Intention: the Torian Alliance gains a lot in the negotiations, and their assistance in the war effort allows the war to come to a much quicker end, helping to ameliorate the horrors of war.

9: Positive. Intention: It is peacefully established that the Graces are, indeed, unique, but over the course of the heresy and its resolution, Ota is inextricably conflated with the Faceless Prince. Use Power to bolster this.

(Am I doing this correctly?)

Yeah! You choose the Events you want to influence, pick the type of Card, and then boost it up with Power Card if you want.

Means TricMagic gotta clear up his post cuz he has 5 events typed and only 3 cards ;v
SigFlags!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 12:50:08 pm »

Yeah! You choose the Events you want to influence, pick the type of Card, and then boost it up with Power Card if you want.

Means TricMagic gotta clear up his post cuz he has 5 events typed and only 3 cards ;v

I bolded the three Negatives, and typed which event they are tied to. As well as which one receives the Power card.

That better? The one liner is flavor, with the part below description of what is being done. The prince becomes king of the pirates bringing war to the alliance, not caring about his past and only for himself and his decadent life. The peasants spread disease. And Atzkyran fully embraces the perils of sunk cost fallacies. Make of my descriptions what you will Haspen, the Core always wins outside of a 3. Or 4 of course. Calamity across the land.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 12:57:56 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: [1] 2 3