Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: SPAMISEKAI: Count Quill of Tyneset!  (Read 10427 times)

iCaptureTheCastle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMISEKAI
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2020, 10:48:50 am »

Name: Lars Schnieder
Noble Rank: (A)King (don't care either way but this is my vote)

Background Knowledge: (C)Engineering: You have a good grasp of physics and mechanical engineering, from the steam engine to the principles of rocketry. Of course, you haven't had to make one from scratch before, but how hard could it be?

Purpose: C - Discovery, D - Mastery

I like the idea of being a totally chill nerdbro who just wants to learn, invent, improve and hang out with everyone in the world. Not everything has to be about conquest or some "OMG GRAND PURPOS
E BRO!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2020, 11:12:09 am »

Name: Lars Schnieder
Noble Rank: (A)King (don't care either way but this is my vote)

Background Knowledge: (C)Engineering: You have a good grasp of physics and mechanical engineering, from the steam engine to the principles of rocketry. Of course, you haven't had to make one from scratch before, but how hard could it be?

Purpose: C - Discovery, D - Mastery

I like the idea of being a totally chill nerdbro who just wants to learn, invent, improve and hang out with everyone in the world. Not everything has to be about conquest or some "OMG GRAND PURPOS
E BRO!"

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2020, 04:00:54 pm »

Name: Zachary Quill
Rank: Count (C) [though not terribly concerned with which one this is]
Background: A
Purpose: B, with a side of D

Request: our MC comes from the 21st century of the SPAMOVERLORD setting.

4 votes for this, 3 votes for George Armstead, 2 for Lars Schnieder and 1 for Anstal Veskar, so we're going with this. I don't know what SPAMOVERLORD is.

TURNTURNTURN
632 AS, Early Spring

You are Count Zachary Quill of Tyneset. You have a degree in Economics from your old world, and you've decided your purpose in this new world is to Uplift it, bringing the light of science and technology to the unwashed masses. And also to dabble in a bit of magic on the side, if possible.

You are sworn to Duke Wolstan, who in turn is sworn to King Cailean, ruling the Kingdom of Solfirth. Your county of Tyneset is located in the south of this kingdom, and you rule it from the castle of Tyneset, which is located on top of a small hill overlooking a market town on a river. The town is also conveniently named Tyneton, and the river, which flows south to north through your county, is the river Goych.

You have three vassals:
  • Baron Axel: ruling the castle of Tronbury a day's ride east
  • Baron Recce: ruling the castle of Merclefield two day's ride southwest
  • Dumedin Throvis: ruling the dwarf-hold of Belvik-hund two day's ride west

You are advised by a Council of four: the Marshal, raising and commanding your household guard and armies, the Steward, in charge of tax, trade and treasury, the Spymaster, dealing with all matters clandestine, and the enigmatic Advisor. You call them all together for a meeting. The Advisor gives you this, calling it the Scroll of County Status:

Happiness: 4
Population: 5
Economy: 4
Army: 3

It's a very short scroll. What does it mean, you ask. Economy 4, does that mean I have a full treasury, or my people are getting rich from trade, or what. The Advisor looks at you with the expression of one trying to explain quantum physics to a toddler:

"Higher numbers are Good. Lower numbers are Bad. Four isn't that good, but neither is it bad. Don't let it hit zero!"

Evidently, no explanation is forthcoming from that quarter. You're just about to ask the Steward for more details when you're interrupted by a messenger who rushes into the council chamber.

"Sire, some townsfolk are demanding an audience! They claim they've been cheated by a hedge-witch!"

A) I will go oversee the resolution of this dispute at once, send them in!
B) You interrupted an important meeting for this? Get out, and tell them to settle their own business!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 09:50:36 am by Cnidaros »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2020, 04:19:50 pm »

A

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2020, 04:22:04 pm »

Yes, A, send them in, if only so that we can hear what this actually means.

(For context on SPAMOVERLORD, the game is right here. The short part worth noting is that the tech level is debatably somewhere between 1900 and 2200... in 1520 Antarctica.)
(Anyway, as mentioned, I've got a forum games Discord. Would you want a channel there?)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 04:23:52 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 04:25:10 pm »

A
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2020, 05:05:54 pm »

A

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2020, 10:55:54 pm »

A
Can't dabble in dark powers beyond mortal ken if we don't find an way in (or should it be out?). I want to hear what this witch is doing.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2020, 02:38:19 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2020, 09:49:59 am »

(Anyway, as mentioned, I've got a forum games Discord. Would you want a channel there?)

No need, I don't think this game needs one at the moment.

TURNTURNTURN
A group of townspeople crowd into the council chamber. At their front is an middle-aged woman, being held by two others. She doesn't look much like a witch.

Another woman pushes her way to the front of the crowd. "Milord, this witch's gone and cheated me! She sold me a potion to cure my boy of the common pox, she did, but it's been a week and he still isn't better yet! I demand my coin back!"

The call is quickly taken up by the rest of the crowd, who begin to chant, "COIN! COIN! COIN!". The witch shouts over them, "My potions work just fine, your son's just a weak and sickly child! And I don't do refunds!"

A) The witch should pay the woman back her money!
B) The woman doesn't have the right to demand a refund!
C) Pay for the refund with your own coin
D) You know what, this matter really doesn't deserve my judgement, go settle it yourselves

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2020, 10:11:22 am »

How long did the witch claim the potion would take before the child was cured? Were there instructions for the prescription, and were they followed?
We need more context if we're to make a truly informed decision.

(Let's call this E.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 10:37:57 am by Glass »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2020, 10:21:57 am »

Alas, more context is not typical of SpamGames. Such as, did the boy actually have common pox, and does he have it now? Diagnosis is the key to treatment.

B

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2020, 10:31:11 am »

B

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2020, 10:36:38 am »

Alas, more context is not typical of SpamGames. Such as, did the boy actually have common pox, and does he have it now? Diagnosis is the key to treatment.
We're still allowed to ask for it. How are we supposed to get information faster if we only stick to established options?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2020, 11:39:09 am »

The point of the game is just using the options we are given.  C
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19