Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: [IC] Wheel of Time Emblem - Chapter 1: A Glimpse of Thunder  (Read 16055 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Wheel of Time Emblem - Prologue: Westward Wind
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2021, 10:16:58 am »

C6

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2021, 10:37:07 am »

Giving a nod to Andre, Baronel follows Camira from the forest, though he hangs back from her encounter with Sefton. It was for more reasons than one, but most importantly to assist her after the exchange of blows.

A snide remark floats its way to the front of his brain, but he lets it stay there. This time.

After Camira's action, Baronel moves to [F, 3] and uses First Aid on her.
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2021, 10:13:12 pm »

A faint smile crosses Sefton's face as Camira approaches him.
Quote from: Camira vs. Sefton
Camira attacks!
Hit: 99-15-29=55
Roll: 22, hit!
Crit: 3, crit!
Damage: 14*3-4-2=36!

Camira slips through Sefton's guard as if she were made of wind and places the very tip of her weapon against Sefton's throat.

Map Complete!

EXP: 58/100
Spoiler: HP & Stats (click to show/hide)

". . . Well, your time in the north hasn't been wasted at all, has it?" Sefton stepped back carefully, putting a safe margin between himself and Camira's blade before sheathing it. "I wasn't certain of you four, but you, Naeronne. . . It's a shame you couldn't be a Warder. With a bit more training and a bond, an Aes Sedai could stride into the Blight itself without concern if she had you at her back." He turned his head to call behind himself. "Hayate, Ercole. I believe we're done here. I'm sure Eirin will be glad to hear."

"Mm. You like to push your limits, don't you?"

"If Sefton were no willing to push his limits, that Whitecloak ambush might have been the death of you."

"Ah, that was nothing. That trap was amateurish at best." The larger Warder simply "hmphed" in response, and both of them turned to fetch their mistress.

"I don't think I need to tell you that something else is going on here." Sefton lowered his voice. "Two Aes Sedai headed in one direction and of two different Ajahs no less. Watch the shadows."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2021, 10:56:09 pm »

"I've been doing that since I signed on," Baronel says, "but my thanks for the reminder. If anything suspicious is happening I think we should be able to handle ourselves. Especially with your help."
Black lives matter.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2021, 10:05:19 am »

Once Sefton took a step back, Camira did as well, smoothly sheathing her sword with one motion, a faint smile on her own lips as she did so,

"The North demands the best if one is to survive there, and I was trained by the best my village had to offer. It... Wouldn't be right if I couldn't match a Warder" she spoke, a ping of pain and sadness crossing her gaze for a brief moment before she shook her head, watching the 'scouts' move away before refocusing on the Warder in front of her,

"I figured there was more going on, but I was hired for a reason. As I draw breath, no one will get close to harming the two ladies."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2021, 05:30:40 pm »

Dola jogs up to the others, looking surprisingly exhausted. Still, she looks spry enough.

"....so, that's how you fight, huh? And I thought I had experience. Really gave me the run-around."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2021, 07:05:51 pm »

"Thanks. I..." Baronel hesitates for a moment, considering what had almost happened earlier. "I could have done better. But we won, so we still get paid, and that's what matters."
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2021, 02:04:01 pm »

"I won't be coming with. Lady Eirin has her own business to attend to, and my duty is to her first." His gaze returned to Camira. "That's a strong promise. Just don't let yourself get too confident. Happening to best a Warder in a spar is a far cry from defeating an equivalent foe in a real battle - but something tells me you already know that. Keep that awareness about you; the merchant likely doesn't know what's going on, judging by how Eirin was making him sweat, but that just makes this more dangerous." Sefton nodded, before taking a step back. "Good luck on the rest of your journey. Hopefully it's much less exciting than I think it could be." With that, the Warder and his color-shifting cloak turned and walked off.

"Ah, you're finished, then?" Isidro's voice was difficult to read. "I'm afraid Lady Mendez is eager to get on the road, so if you could perhaps pick up the rest of the bodyguards and help finish packing the wagons. . . ?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2021, 02:25:46 pm »

"Same to you." Baronel offers Sefton a single wave as he departs. He couldn't say he's completely unhappy to see the man (and his ward) leave, but Sefton was nice enough. The parting words are genuine, at least.

Then Isidro speaks. "Sure thing. Only fair, since we knocked them over in the first place." Baronel busies himself with helping their former opponents to their feet, not waiting for the other three to join him. Want to get back on the road as fast as possible.
Black lives matter.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2021, 02:46:36 pm »

Taking a moment to glance at Dola comment, Camira was quick to return her gaze to the Warder, steeling her nerves as he went on about defeating an equivalent foe in battle... A truth Camira knew far too well. In a real fight, the results of their duel might have gone far differently. The difference of their convictions made that clear enough.

"Farewell Warder Sefton. May your blade remain sharp" Cami said as the Warder left, not making any effort to raise her hand for a goodbye wave. Thankfully, Isidro was quick to enter the conversation, saving the Borderlander from her thoughts as she turned to the merchant, giving him an affirmative nod,

"Very well. Let her know that we'll be back on the road in a few minutes" she replied before turning away, following Baronel's lead and helping their fallen sparring partners up.
OOC
IC

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Wheel of Time Emblem - Prologue: Eastward Wind
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2021, 11:24:32 am »

"Ah, very good. A clash most marvelous, would you not agree, Lady Tena? Surely we can all rest assured now, seeing what fine guardians we have on our adventure moving forward. Now come, you must relax and await while the rest of us obedient servants help to load the wagons."

He bowed with a flourish of his cape to Hortensia, before quickly darting off towards the rest of the group. An easy smile on his face for the group, he joined in on the packing up of the equipment, seemingly eager to help, a trait that one did not always expect from a gleeman.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2021, 08:42:10 am »

Hortensia had been impatiently drumming her fingers on the side of her seat as the battle finally winded down— the results of which prompted a long and drawn out sigh from the noblewoman. She glared at Thane in response, almost as if to decide internally whether she should even bother with him.

"I'd be rest assured if my guardians weren't engaging in brawls while I'm waiting for what feels like ages of my precious time." Hortensia's impatient drumming did, however, fold over her other hand to sit upright with her eyes closed. Her appearance would be a thing of beauty and grace— if only she didn't open her mouth.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2021, 08:09:27 am »

With everyone cooperating, it only took a few minutes to get the remainder of the wagons patched up and the bruises on the guards tended.

"Excellent. The journey to Whitebridge will hopefully not take too long. If you've never seen it before, look ahead to it; it's quite the sight." Isidro climbed back up into the wagon, taking his seat with an awkward glance at Hortensia. Unfortunately for him, her mood was liable to sour even further; after a brief exchange with her Warders, a familiar face reappeared next to her.

"It's quite unfortunate that we must part ways now, Hortensia." It was difficult to tell from her smooth expression whether she was using the Lady's first name alone to be irksome or not. "I can't help but feel we have many things to speak about. Many, many interesting things." She gave the noblewoman a devious, knowing smile. "Fortunately, my Sisters should be almost as entertaining in my stead." She moved off, heading towards the women in question.

"Alvienne, Lydia." She nodded at each in turn. "I have very urgent business elsewhere, so I cannot fulfill my duty with the lovely Lady Calderon de Mendez." Eirin squeezed an impressive amount of sarcasm into that single word. "I can't imagine you two haven't noticed as well, so please handle her in my absence. Just be aware that she will. . . resist lessons."

Meanwhile, the merchant seemed relieved to be rid of his guest for the moment, though he still glanced at Hortensia much as one might glance at a sleeping rattlesnake. This, of course, was split with his concern over the three Aes Sedai conferring; few things made a man more nervous than an Aes Sedai, let alone three and their armed guards to boot.
GM of Trespassers V2.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2021, 10:30:28 am »

Hortensia was about this close to yelling, and it was clear by her posture that she was, indeed, about as welcoming to people as a pit full of asps. Thus, when she was addressed by first name by one of those Aes Sedai, she shot a nasty glare for a brief moment before her face went back to being soft (yet rough around the edges).

"Yes, yes, quite." Hortensia could not have said that in a more 'please get out of my sight' sounding tone. It was Eirin's second sentence, however, that made her eye slightly twitch. The mask began to chip off. "I have very little interest in speaking with or being entertained by you or your sisters. Good day." She quickly turned forward. She had been very careful about keeping her secrets hidden— was it just an obnoxious feature of Aes Sedai to hound all women to join them, regardless of social status? The thought of innocent women being hounded at every turn to join what was basically women's boot camp was utterly disgusting to Hortensia, and her expression worsened to a point where she might actually be a venomous snake.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2021, 11:28:49 am »

With the packing done with, Camira made her way back into the wagon designated for those without horses, sitting down at the side with her arms and legs folded, sword resting at her side. Truthfully, the Borderlander was thankful to be placed in such a wagon, even despite it's uncomfort. It meant she wouldn't have to deal with the noble and merchant anymore than was strictly needed.

Really, it was about the smaller things in life.
OOC
IC
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15