Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suspend manager order  (Read 1268 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suspend manager order
« on: October 29, 2020, 12:57:03 pm »

Sometimes you order a bunch of stuff to be made and halfway through, you get a bunch of cancellation spam because you ran out of materials.

Or you may have an automatic production order which, despite having the right conditions, is unable to be completed, due to some disturbance, and you're now getting spam because of it.

The solution right now is to wait for the workshop job to be added back by the manager, try to catch it in the time before it gets cancelled, and manually suspend the order in the workshop. Then, assuming you don't forget about it, you can resume the order by going back to the specific workshop (which may be one in dozens) and resuming the job.

This could be a lot easier. I propose that it should be possible to suspend orders from the manager screen. Orders which are suspended this way will not be added back to workshops when they are cancelled (or completed). Alternatively, they may be removed right away, cancelling any jobs that were already in progress.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
Re: Suspend manager order
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 04:59:29 pm »

+1
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Suspend manager order
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 12:50:00 pm »

+1 I'm pretty sure there is a "workaround" by suspending the work orders causing the cancellations at the workshops, but it is awfully tedious.