Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any good mods to play on my 13 inch ipad pro 2020?  (Read 990 times)

Pullarius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Any good mods to play on my 13 inch ipad pro 2020?
« on: October 26, 2020, 05:28:31 am »

My computer is currently over heating and am looking for options to play on my ipad tell I get a new computer or fix this one but it is like 8 years old.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities

- Voltaire, French author, and philosopher

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any good mods to play on my 13 inch ipad pro 2020?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 01:14:57 am »

...you can play Dwarf Fortress on an IPad?
I'm pretty sure there isn't a version of Dwarf Fortress for anything other than a computer.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 07:39:18 am »

Well, this does exist. It's technically playable, the best kind of playable.

Although after pressing the "save" button I immediately realized that post is about android phones, not ipads. But maybe a similar route exists, though you will almost certainly need a jailbroken ipad.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 04:31:48 am »

Mfki made an app for playing Dwarf Fortress remotely in an iPad with a nice interface. Still requires running DF on a computer though.