Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Night Creature type - Wendigo  (Read 2579 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: New Night Creature type - Wendigo
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2020, 11:30:29 am »

yeaaa lets not make a sacred piece of navajo mythology a df enemy please, seems kind of disrespectful
I think you're getting confused with Skinwalkers. Wendigo is an Algonquian myth, Skinwalkers are the Navajo myth that they don't like talking about with outsiders in case that they attract one.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2020, 06:29:25 am »

yeaaa lets not make a sacred piece of navajo mythology a df enemy please, seems kind of disrespectful
I think you're getting confused with Skinwalkers. Wendigo is an Algonquian myth, Skinwalkers are the Navajo myth that they don't like talking about with outsiders in case that they attract one.
yea that was mostly it, thanks

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2020, 02:41:33 am »

Theres all sorts of cannibal monster myths around the world. Aswangs from Phillippine folklore can be ghoulish cannibals too, eating the corpses of the dead or the living. Ogres eat kids, of course.

Powerful, reclusive witches arent a bad suggestion by any means, also.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2020, 02:50:41 am »

Game currently have ways to add much of Wendigo powers. About behavior, they are similar to current night trolls. But if night trolls steal spouses for breed, Wendigo can spread by biting creatures, just like werewolves and ghouls, by gain apprentices and turn them into Wendigo too, they can be humans or dwarves who ingest intelligent creature's flesh. Their weather-changing abilities may be similar to intelligent undead powers.

The only new coding that they needs - their hypnotic whistle. New interaction with great power!
Pages: 1 [2]