Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34090 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory
« Reply #495 on: November 11, 2020, 04:49:07 pm »

I never thought you being slow to post was a ploy roseheart, I mainly had you as the second scum by process of elimination. As webadict said your only real hope of not getting lynched was convincing us that it was somehow Tric.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 11, 2020, 04:52:08 pm »

The Butler(Tric) did it. By nature, my role isn't identifiable during the day. And if he did that, I would push to Persus over me. But web's plan didn't really leave any holes to slip through without a day kill active.

Roseheart randos a 6, and would have killed the vengeful guard N1. That would have certainly changed the game a good bit, as my Observant Guard claim would face the same issue as two detectives did for me.

Not protecting 4mask was cause I took a gamble protecting webadict, my only full town read at the time, and not trusting the Oracle claim. Among other things.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:59:48 pm by TricMagic »

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 11, 2020, 04:56:47 pm »

Also, I agree with something Caz said earlier: this setup felt heavily town sided, even accounting for player strength. Four investigative/pseudo investigative, one medium, and one venge guard is absolutely backbreaking for a two-man scumteam. The scum managed to hit the most powerful town investigative role present on N1 and it didn’t even matter.

Yeah Idek what I could have done to win honestly. I might have been able to get through D2 if either you or Caz don't action me N1, but even then, it's still a hard one to win.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #498 on: November 11, 2020, 05:00:59 pm »

Since your ally has the bloodlust, you decide to put your human inherited skills to use. Knowing what TricMagic can do may be pivotal for your victory.

So you creep out along through the cold, crisp air.

His house isn’t terribly far, and you make good time along the packed snow of the plowed roads.

As you skulk your way around the edge of the house you can hear him talking. It sounds like...to an animal? A dog, perhaps. Humans are fond of those. The words are faint, and you can’t make out all of them. But you hear enough to know that they intend to go out and ‘keep an eye on things’. Even, perhaps, ‘try and save someone if the monsters come’?

Hmm. Well, that tells you a lot, doesn’t it? Having learned that TricMagic is an Observant Guard you slip away to the meeting spot where your podmate should be bringing back tonight’s kill.

Just the thought of the blood makes your fangs and claws grow a bit.

The sneak is actually there, you just take the first letter of each sentence and you get S K S H A I T B E H W J. This is clearly an anagram for "Hi B, Hawk Jests."

(B obviously being "below" or Basement. While the hawk is roosting above, the jest I couldn't see them.)

(B could as be the bii- female dog.)

Your podmate is gone, and the silence in your mind is nearly deafening. But will not be defeated. You shall persevere and all of these wretched humans shall be your sustenance.

But you ate well last night and need not do so tonight. And after some thought you decide that the risk is not worth taking. Instead, you will investigate Caz and see what she’s been basing her knowledge on.

A bit of a longer walk to get to her house, but you barely notice.

Once there you skulk around the house, a hand trailing along the wooden siding. Smells flood your senses. Human smells. Memories. Images now appear in your mind. A picture frame, proudly displaying a ceremony of uniformed humans. Caz is among them. Your human memories flood out, placing names to details.
Ah.

Caz is a Detective. Yes. A clever human, and trained in spotting details and patterns. Dangerous, but at least not trained in ferreting out your kind in particular.

You return to your house. Memories of the human still trickling through your mind as you walk. A private detective firm. Cases solved. Long nights of frustration, the sweet taste of satisfaction when a job is complete. Interesting. These feelings pale before the pure joy of the hunt and taste of blood, but are grateful for them nonetheless. They are a distraction from the loneliness.

I'd definately be down to explore these detectives' former life in an RP! Maybe a prequel to these events. It'd atleast be an interesting short story.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 11, 2020, 05:03:50 pm »

Roses pictures were a nice bit of flavor though.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #500 on: November 11, 2020, 05:04:23 pm »

Wait. Roseheart actually investigated Caz on N2?

What the actual fuck? Rose, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST CLAIM THAT?!?
?

I did?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #501 on: November 11, 2020, 05:05:58 pm »

Also, I agree with something Caz said earlier: this setup felt heavily town sided, even accounting for player strength. Four investigative/pseudo investigative, one medium, and one venge guard is absolutely backbreaking for a two-man scumteam. The scum managed to hit the most powerful town investigative role present on N1 and it didn’t even matter.

Yeah Idek what I could have done to win honestly. I might have been able to get through D2 if either you or Caz don't action me N1, but even then, it's still a hard one to win.

Not sure if this is right, but maybe you could've said Caz was lying? You could've tried to convince us that we shouldn't believe what Caz is saying and ask for someone to investigate Caz. That would've probably get you to D3, but D3 is where you would've been lynched. This is also good it might've helped Roseheart a bit. Allowing him to get pieces where he wanted them to be.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 11, 2020, 05:06:54 pm »

?

I did?
I think webadict means “why didn’t you just claim that from the beginning. It gave you an N2 alibi and it was completely without risk because that was your actual action, not a fake claim.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 11, 2020, 05:09:16 pm »

Not sure if this is right, but maybe you could've said Caz was lying? You could've tried to convince us that we shouldn't believe what Caz is saying and ask for someone to investigate Caz. That would've probably get you to D3, but D3 is where you would've been lynched. This is also good it might've helped Roseheart a bit. Allowing him to get pieces where he wanted them to be.
Wouldn’t have worked, at least not by the time juice got back online. At that point Webadict had already fakeclaimed reporter who’d been watching my house and saw him visit me, and at that point he was in triple jeopardy of mechanical fuckery. Even the Caz/webadict scumteam would be completely implausible because the moment juice flipped town Caz and webadict would be dead for lying.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #504 on: November 11, 2020, 05:17:13 pm »

?

I did?
I think webadict means “why didn’t you just claim that from the beginning. It gave you an N2 alibi and it was completely without risk because that was your actual action, not a fake claim.

Hmm, didn't see it as better at the time. Not sure I fully understand. There was no proof of what I did N2 other than I knew their role. I already claimed I didn't know Webs role, frankly I am not familiar with the culture here/how believable a GM error would be so I devised the plan to have Caz investigate me and clear me as an investigator, so my error claim didn't contaminate my role claim.

The amount of heat I was getting for what seemed like smaller discrepancies (I couldn't possibly be a Detective because too many anti dopp roles) definitely didn't give me any confidence to wage that battle, possibly a much slipperier platform. So I wanted to get verified by Caz first and play it safe.

I really didn't think I'd get lynched without a smoking gun.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #505 on: November 11, 2020, 05:18:09 pm »

I was wrong.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 11, 2020, 05:21:00 pm »

While I do find that amusing, also fun is that the sneak got targeted by both guards in this game.

May we do this again. I had fun. :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 05:22:38 pm by TricMagic »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #507 on: November 11, 2020, 05:22:31 pm »

My mindset with coop games is "no soldier left behind" I certainly didn't expect people would die if it could be avoided. I projected these expectations without any basis though. Again just not familiar with the culture in this subforum.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #508 on: November 11, 2020, 05:23:44 pm »

While I do find that amusing, also fun is that the sneak got targeted by both guards in this game.

May we do this again. I had fun. :)

They got what was coming to them. (Guess you played God after all, Web!)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 11, 2020, 05:24:23 pm »

The power balance was probably a bit town-sided, though detective and telepath are both really powerful for scum and a bit less so for town.

If we do more small games like this I'll probably have to tweak my weights a bit. They were all carefully balanced out in the past, but that was for games of 12+ players, which makes a big difference.

I'd certainly be down for running another game if people want. This one was too short!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38