Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34170 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 3
« Reply #480 on: November 11, 2020, 11:28:19 am »

I wont accept "they are clear, because you are not", because that would be spiteful on my part.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 11, 2020, 11:28:52 am »

I wont accept "they are clear, because you are not", because that would be spiteful on my part.
You have no reason to hide anything.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 11, 2020, 11:32:07 am »

@Tric, I could also hide at Luckyowl and have Caz investigate Lucky, if Caz okays it.

The current plan is fine so long as everyone follows it. Including you.

And claiming I'm not suspicious is weird. Welcome to your personal ocean's worth of mafia terms roseheart.

I think we've got enough now at least. Stick to plan.

"I think I've heard enough roseheart. I knew thee well, but you haven't participated nearly as much in these discussions as one might think. If it's any help, your death is not in vain.."

Shorten

The Mountaineer stands.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 11, 2020, 11:39:44 am »

And that is 4 votes to Shorten. Day is now over. I'll do the write-up for this in a few hours probably, since I have some job interviews going on this morning.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 11, 2020, 04:08:37 pm »

The Whiteboard
roseheart: Caz, Luckyowl, Persus13, TricMagic, webadict
No Lynch: roseheart

Roseheart looks around the room, and sighs. "Doesn't much matter what I say now, huh? I'm not walking out of here alive, am I?"

Luckyowl picks up the shotgun. "I'm afraid not, Rose". She levels it at him. "Talk to you soon, though."

With a sudden look of worry roseheart suddenly turns and starts to walk towards the door. The blast of the shotgun is deafening in the room, and the Detective's body slumps to the ground. In his outstretched hand is his sketchbook.

Webadict walks over and picks it up, flipping to the last picture. "He's crossed himself out." He turns and shows the rest of you. "Figured he had no chance today, I guess. Sure tried hard to talk us out of it, though."

In his distraction, he fails to notice the movement behind him. A clawed hand outstretched which in a flash hooks his leg and draws him down. He lands with a heavy thud as the featureless face of a doppelganger rises up over him. "No more hiding" hisses the creature as its claws dig into the Sneak.

Luckyowl stands, stunned, fumbling with the shotgun to try and get another round loaded. The Medium is unused to guns, and it shows.

Caz nearly falls back in her chair as she scrambles to get up. "Web, no!" the Detective has look of horror on her face.

TricMagic is already heading toward the fight, the Observant Guard having spotted the movement just moment to late to stop it.

It is Parsus13's knife, however, which gets there first. The blade sinks with a sickening wet thud into where one of the creatures eyes should have been, and roseheart's body falls backwards.

The Vengeful Guard grabs the gun out of Luckyowl's hands and carefully walks forward, wary of more tricks.

But the monster is dead, it seems, and moves no more.

Web, too, no longer moves. And the copious amount of blood pouring from his neck indicates that his time on this earth is either over already or soon will be.

The town hall is a disaster. Dark alien blood mixes with bright red human blood as the winds pick up outside and snow begins to flurry in the windows.

You are safe,now, but it is hard to say if you will ever truly recover from the events of the past few days.

And that's game!

My sincere apologies to both Detectives. I somehow managed to screw up web being at your targets house both nights, and I'm sorry for the effect that had on the game. I'm clearly very out of practice in running a mafia game. But I've at least updated how my tracking spreadsheet works to help deal with that issue in future games.

This was short, but I hope you all at least had fun.

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Dopp Chat
Dead Chat

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:14:45 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory
« Reply #485 on: November 11, 2020, 04:10:12 pm »

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #486 on: November 11, 2020, 04:11:29 pm »

Was the the dog really a bitch?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2020, 04:15:48 pm »

The dog was a very good girl.
Come play Mafia with us!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 11, 2020, 04:16:31 pm »

Not cool, Juicebox. Never kill a man when he’s drinking his cocoa.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 11, 2020, 04:20:50 pm »

Also, I agree with something Caz said earlier: this setup felt heavily town sided, even accounting for player strength. Four investigative/pseudo investigative, one medium, and one venge guard is absolutely backbreaking for a two-man scumteam. The scum managed to hit the most powerful town investigative role present on N1 and it didn’t even matter.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:22:41 pm by 4maskwolf »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #490 on: November 11, 2020, 04:32:21 pm »

To give the game it's due, I did have mind shield. Perhaps if my partner didn't have bad luck N1 we could have made it work.

Also, Here's a passage from dopp chat to show my comments about my slow reading/thinking were legitimate(and not a ploy).

Quote from: juicebox 11-05-2020 07:26 PM ET (US)
You need to be a little more active in the game, or people are going to suspect that you're scum flying under the radar. You should start by answering my question and then go from there. I would advise you to maybe engage with webadict or luckyowl a little bit.

Quote from: roseheart 11-05-2020 11:37 PM ET (US)
If that's going to happen because of my current rate of activity then it is what it is. Because it already feels like a marathon.

Quote from: juicebox 11-06-2020 12:03 AM ET (US)
Really? I don't think it's quite that bad. 125 posts in 4 days doesn't seem a lot to me.

Quote from: juicebox 11-06-2020 12:04 AM ET (US)
Although you should maybe take that with a grain of salt considering i just finished reading a game with an over 2000 post D1

He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 11, 2020, 04:35:20 pm »

It was very heavy towards town. Which is what made a second detective claim on top of everything this day rather incredulous. 2 detectives, a meduim and telepath, plus two guards that would screw over dopps. And another telepath and a sneak. There isn't a way to spin that as anything but imbalanced, but a telepath and detective on the dopps side makes it a bit less so.

4mask, what made you target juice N1?

Also, give it up for Good Dog. She is the best girl.(Link is also fluff story.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 04:39:18 pm by TricMagic »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 11, 2020, 04:42:45 pm »

A hunch. That’s really all there is to say about it, just a combination of little things that made me think “you know... I want to know what juice is up to tonight.” You actually played a major role in that, Tric: while in hindsight your actions were innocently town at the time I was still strongly debating whether you were scum or not, and I came to the conclusion that if you were scum Juicebox was your most likely scum buddy (your play pattern on D1 was very reminiscent of a scum player voting his buddy early for easy distancing, bailing off onto an easy lynch, then going back to gently pushing his buddy when that fell through).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 11, 2020, 04:44:56 pm »

Wait. Roseheart actually investigated Caz on N2?

What the actual fuck? Rose, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST CLAIM THAT?!?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #494 on: November 11, 2020, 04:46:54 pm »

I had fun :) I started a bit wonky, but I somewhat was able to turn the blame to juicebox(thanks to 4maskwolf of course.)  Only for Caz to catch them lying. Honestly I wonder if 4maskwolf didn't chose Juicebox?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38