Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34119 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 3
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2020, 01:33:59 pm »

Actually, given your claim, your only move is to claim I'm lying, rose. Either that, or recheck your action and confirm me.

You are a suspect. If you kill me and you are town, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

If you are mafia, you are creating a path to victory by lynching me.

lynch me = 5 players left
night kill = 4 players left
lynch Caz = 3 players left
night kill = 2 players left
draw = 2 players left
night kill = mafia wins
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2020, 01:44:32 pm »

Actually, given your claim, your only move is to claim I'm lying, rose. Either that, or recheck your action and confirm me.

You are a suspect. If you kill me and you are town, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

If you are mafia, you are creating a path to victory by lynching me.

lynch me = 5 players left
night kill = 4 players left
lynch Caz = 3 players left
night kill = 2 players left
draw = 2 players left
night kill = mafia wins
Who do I nightkill Tonight? Persus13, and I'd have to convince everyone Caz is scum. Good fucking luck, alternative future me who bussed my teammate hard. Again, I'd need to be a god to beat that, because it'd be a NL then at best, and I'd STILL need to kill Tric, my backup suspect.

If you like, you can suggest changes to the plan, because if you are the last Dopp, they won't matter.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2020, 01:55:51 pm »

I reeeaaalllyyy need to focus on updating my games.

I will not say what I did N2 until D4. I will however produce a good reason for not doing so.

If I live, we will also know D4 if I am an investigator, and if Caz is an investigator.

That may not varify either of us as town, but...
Oh rose, sweetheart that you are, I'm going to skip a page of reading. I'm the Observant Guard. that puts the roles which can reveal alignment way over the limit for belief.
...statements like this will be put to pasture.

With 2 varified investigators, we can quickly varify all other role claims.

And finally, I will reiterate.
Alright. I will vote no lynch. I will also Investigate webadict tonight. A psychic can check my goal. If there are any deaths tonight I am cleared if I don't have a kill intent. If there are no deaths well I am still a suspect but there will be no deaths, and inevitably be new information we can use.

If you want my N2 action, you'll have to wait for D4. There is no path to victory if I am Dopp. Let me atleast back my claims.

A lynch is the best outcome for a Dopp. Possibly the only remaining mafia win path.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #348 on: November 10, 2020, 02:07:39 pm »

Main issue is you are arguing your life is worth more than confirmation of your dopp-ness. Like from day one, we can't actually trust anything you say since roles aren't alignment indicative. Doesn't help you say I'm a bodyguard but not what type I am. Me being a bodyguard could be inferred from hints day 2, if I was an investigative role, why not claim then? At the moment, I am very much a target for death now that that's out.

Don't you think you'd already be dead if I was a dopp?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 10, 2020, 02:33:51 pm »

Main issue is you are arguing your life is worth more than confirmation of your dopp-ness. Like from day one, we can't actually trust anything you say since roles aren't alignment indicative. Doesn't help you say I'm a bodyguard but not what type I am. Me being a bodyguard could be inferred from hints day 2, if I was an investigative role, why not claim then? At the moment, I am very much a target for death now that that's out.

I mean, he was hiding so your kill missed. That's literallg what happened last night :P

Also, please give a convincing reason why there is any sense in hiding your investigation result. From where I sit, there isn't one, except that you can't even come up with an easily constructed lie.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 10, 2020, 02:34:40 pm »

This is why I wanted you to claim first, rose. You were given a way to avoid this. And I really do mean that. I gave you plenty of time to claim, and you avoided it. There is no longer any time where your N2 claim matters. You can only avoid your lynch by finding the Doppelganger. That isn't meant to be mean in the slightest. It simply is a consequence of the actions you chose. It was why I wanted you to claim first. Had you done so, I would have had to make a harder case on you. I might have even needed to lynch myself.

If I were a Doppelganger, my easiest way to win was to kill Caz or Luckyowl last Night. I would also not have pushed for a full claim by everyone today. I would also have been able to kill.

Honestly, there should be no doubt in your mind I am not lying, because you should have my role from N1, and that, to me, is the only proof I need, but in order to convince everyone else, I need to cover for the fact that I am not clear in my plans in case I am wrong. I literally get confirmed, killed, or lynched in every plan of mine.

We no longer need to verify roles any longer because there is no longer a need to have two Investigators. Caz has shown through their actions that they are Town. What about you? Honestly, if we could double lynch, I would absolutely advocate for both of us. But, that's just not possible. So, I have to hope my actions have shown I am Town.

Luckyowl's actions has shown they are Town. Caz's actions has shown they are Town. Persus13 and TricMagic have roles that can protect them. We are the odd ones out. We need to go first, while there is still time to do so.

You need to show those two that I am the Doppelganger. Because, again, I am the only one who could possibly be it, if you do not claim to have seen me at TricMagic's house on N1. If you DO claim to have seen me, then you make yourself look Town, but you only lend more credence to my plan by making me look Town.

It feels like it should be an obvious choice to me. Is it webadict, the manipulator? Or is it one of the others? There is no more room to avoid suspecting people.

A lynch is the ONLY way to win for the Town, unless you want to bank on Guards, and I'd really rather not, honestly. They should be the fallback, not the plan.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2020, 02:38:34 pm »

Also, please give a convincing reason why there is any sense in hiding your investigation result. From where I sit, there isn't one, except that you can't even come up with an easily constructed lie.
My best guess is its a ploy to keep themselves alive?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 10, 2020, 02:40:52 pm »

Well yeah, of course :D but they also should have come up with another reason, one that might convince us...

Either his investigations agree with the claims, or they dont. Holding back either result is antitown, since either we confirm a town role or catch a liar.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 10, 2020, 02:41:05 pm »

I should be, but you targeted another. There are parts of this story that do not add up. However, you are pushing to skip, and are not putting those pieces together to push for lynch.

In order to skip, you must push a lynch. If you push a lynch, you cannot be pushing to skip. Put the pieces together and break through webadict to survive. Of course, by putting them together, you would reveal the Truth. And if you are dopp, that is the last nail in your coffin going into the next day.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2020, 03:07:37 pm »

I don't know Roseheart..I want to believe you are town, but one fact that is bothering me is that info you claim to have from N2. I think it's in your best interest to share it now to ensure your survival.

I am however, in favor of a no lynch as I feel like we don't have enough evidence. All evidence towards Roseheart being dopp are weak. The only thing that is killing him is him not wishing to tell what he investigated on N2. Which again. I advise you to tell what you have found. There is no good reason to postpone it for tomorrow. If you have the key for us to win then tell it now. So at least 5 of us townie can live(r.i.p 4maskwolf.)   

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 10, 2020, 03:32:46 pm »

4maskwolf, would you mind telling Luckyowl why we should be lynching roseheart here?

Luckyowl: Who do you believe is the last Doppelganger then?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 10, 2020, 03:59:16 pm »

Problem is postponing the lynch doesn't make sense in this case, they could just target the guard directly and not much would be gained from that than another dead town and going into a lynch 1 less, making tomorrow's lynch dicey. That could bring us to 4, and the night after 3. Lylo.

On the other hand, lynching now, and failing, removes someone from being suspect. That brings us to 5, night after 4. Still a potential lylo, but less dicey with 4 people. And skipping that day would just bring it down to 3 again. Information would be stacked in our favor however.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #357 on: November 10, 2020, 04:29:25 pm »

Alright I am back. Sheesh this thread flies.

Ok, so, what are the reasons people are lynching me? What makes me stand out over your next best pick?

So far I heard some consider Caz and I on equal grounds for suspicion, but they reacted to the juicebox reveal before me. I wasn't even online, and as far as I can tell it was the 100% obvious thing to do.

Webadict claimed they could tie everything up in a nice bow if we cooperated, but that isn't what happened. I gave up TricMagic under the assumption that we'd have our killer, possibly Webadict themselves if their claim was not backed up...which it was not. Things are muddier than ever, and I regret helping regardless of their intentions. A scum webadict has far too much to gain while the narrative is Caz and I are primary suspects. I regret underestimating their gift of gab to spin their failure.

TricMagic has betrayed my trust, though I gave it to them under false assumptions. I believed their role was town exclusive. It is not.

Meanwhile very little attention has been given to anyone else, and if the scum is not myself, or those I've mentioned then they are flying totally under the radar.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #358 on: November 10, 2020, 04:57:41 pm »

More information at this point would be a good thing. I copy Luckyowl's vote as they are confirmed town and have access to the most information with deadchat, but will otherwise recommend no Lynch.

If you are protown, you should let Owl decide.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 10, 2020, 05:01:48 pm »

TricMagic's(Observant Guard's) List
webadict - Sneak
Caz - Detective
Luckyowl - Medium
roseheart - Investigator/?Detective?
4maskwolf - Human Telepath
juicebox - Doppelganger Telepath
Persus13 - Vengeful Guard

There aren't many people to check roseheart. But for that, have a list. Put simply, you said I was a bodyguard, but not what type in your claim. I don't think that is what detective does, so either you're lying, or you have a different investigative role and aren't revealing things. There are pushes you could make roseheart, but you aren't making them.

Besides which, my role would be entirely useless as a dopp, as I end up dead at the end of it and reveal the killer, but would flip as a dopp..

More information at this point would be a good thing. I copy Luckyowl's vote as they are confirmed town and have access to the most information with deadchat, but will otherwise recommend no Lynch.

If you are protown, you should let Owl decide.

They are also new, there is no skipping out of this one. And your lack of seeking out the answers betrays you. A skip offers no new information.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38