Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34216 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 3 - *Replacement requested*
« Reply #315 on: November 09, 2020, 09:44:35 pm »

Webadict claimed yesterday, so you should know his role from that.

Wow, two pages with basically no substance sprouted up fast. Anyways I'm a Vengeful Guard. I guarded Juicebox N1 (really regretting picking him as 4mask was my second choice, but ah well) and then Web N2.

As a humorous sidenote: I realized while looking at the previous games is that I've been a Human Guard (Observant in 23, Heroic in 24/25) in literally every single Paranormal I've played in. I just need to be a Guardian to complete the set.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 09, 2020, 09:56:25 pm »

I don't know your role.
Webadict claimed yesterday, so you should know his role from that.

Wow, two pages with basically no substance sprouted up fast. Anyways I'm a Vengeful Guard. I guarded Juicebox N1 (really regretting picking him as 4mask was my second choice, but ah well) and then Web N2.

As a humorous sidenote: I realized while looking at the previous games is that I've been a Human Guard (Observant in 23, Heroic in 24/25) in literally every single Paranormal I've played in. I just need to be a Guardian to complete the set.
Alright, here's my big reveal. I have previously lied about my Reporter claim. I did so because I wanted to force juicebox to claim, and also I wanted to clear Caz and Luckyowl as Town.

I am, in actuality (and no more lying), a Sneak.

On Night 1, I hid at TricMagic's house. This means that you should've gotten my role in addition to TricMagic's if you actually were an Investigator. You say you do not have access to my role. This means you are lying. TricMagic left their house, so I know they attempted a physical action, but not which one.

On Night 2, I hit at roseheart's house. You left the house, so you most definitely used an action last Night. I was hoping you or Tric would claim a psychic role, so that I could catch you guys in the act.

But, this leaves me concerned. See, Persus13 has a convenient set of claims here, but nothing in there would reveal that I was lying. So, I can't back that up.

This leaves the list of suspects sadly still at 4: roseheart, TricMagic, Persus13, and me, since I obviously lied last time.

But, let's break these down: Persus13 has an excellent reason for not revealing. As does TricMagic. I lied to catch scum. But you are still left as the most suspicious player here.

My guess is that you attempted to kill me last Night while I was hidden, and that this failed. This would be why you have no investigation for Night 2. It's also why I pushed you. I revealed my role to Caz secretly Yesterday, mostly as a "cover-my-ass" but also so that I could WIFOM the scum into attacking me. I see that this game might've ended sooner had I not done so, but I'm afraid I have no further information. I believe that this game is over. I would say that the suspect list goes roseheart, Persus13, and then TricMagic. I'm sure that Caz or Luckyowl may have a different say in that, but we can have each of the two Guards protect one of Caz or Luckyowl, and then we can confirm that I will be hidden when a kill occurs with the Detective from Caz.

Sound good to everyone?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 09, 2020, 09:59:14 pm »

This does leave an odd predicament, though... How did roseheart know TricMagic's role, but not mine? I mean, being a Detective isn't impossible for Doppelganger, but... um... you should've known my role.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 09, 2020, 10:01:47 pm »

This does leave an odd predicament, though... How did roseheart know TricMagic's role, but not mine? I mean, being a Detective isn't impossible for Doppelganger, but... um... you should've known my role.
Is this the most confusing part to anyone else? Does anyone think one of these two might be an Alien, and the other one a Doppelganger?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 09, 2020, 10:04:14 pm »

You know what, I dunno what I was thinking. Persus13 is probably the least suspicious of the four of us. I'll let them decide the case.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 09, 2020, 10:06:34 pm »

I should probably also rescind my Replacement Request as it doesn't look like its actually going to happen, and I'm more invested in this game now that stuff has happened.

Caz is 100% town or town-allied, Webadict could have bussed his own teammate, but I'll worry about that tomorrow, and Luckyowl being scum requires a fair number of mistakes. That leaves TricMagic and Roseheart. Tricmagic has been hyping up his role for the whole game, and while Observant Guard is a lame reveal, roseheart is backing it up. Roseheart I could believe being a Dopp, so I'm find voting them.

Is this the most confusing part to anyone else? Does anyone think one of these two might be an Alien, and the other one a Doppelganger?
Well since you didn't see that Juice visited 4mask, could Juice have Telepathed Tric and rose done the kill? Or maybe Rose checked Tric out N2 instead of N1.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 09, 2020, 10:14:44 pm »

Well since you didn't see that Juice visited 4mask, could Juice have Telepathed Tric and rose done the kill? Or maybe Rose checked Tric out N2 instead of N1.
No, a Doppelganger Telepath shows up as Find when they're using their Telepath power, so it's definitely juicebox that did the kill. roseheart has to have used their ability at one point.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 09, 2020, 10:17:19 pm »

I see. Well there wasn't a kill last night, so rose could have done it then.

Is it Hivemind conspiracy theory time?
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 09, 2020, 10:44:00 pm »

I see. Well there wasn't a kill last night, so rose could have done it then.

Is it Hivemind conspiracy theory time?
Two likely possibilities. One, roseheart misread it, and is still the Doppelganger. Two, TricMagic is the Doppelganger and roseheart is an Alien. But, that's a third party in a really small Town, and just doesn't seem likely. I'm still in favor of possibility one.

I dunno. The problem is that I made myself suspicious with this move, because the turnabout is that I could be lying and that I could fakeplay Sneak. It'd be a really drastic move on my part as scum, but... I'm gonna have to hope that I'm cleared by getting juicebox lynched.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 10, 2020, 04:39:36 am »

That sounds interesting. I'll claim as Investigator. I guess I'd have liked to have claimed after the others that haven't yet did so. But I am pro this plan(and wouldn't be able to explain not claiming without implying). If Owl dies I'd like to be protected unless someone has something better. If webadict is Mafia then this stunt should atleast be fun to watch.

I think you mean Detective, 'Investigator' isn't a role afaik. Investigate is the action. (I can confirm roseheart is Detective, btw, since I investigated him last night. But ofc, this says nothing about alignment :) )

But hey, cool! Me too.

Am I missing who you 'investigated' N2?

I'm fine with getting rid of roseheart today though.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 10, 2020, 04:43:05 am »

It's a good idea to also fakeclaim actions when fakeclaiming roles. :D

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 10, 2020, 04:43:30 am »

Oh, and I confirm everything webadict is saying btw, if that was ever needed.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 10, 2020, 04:48:24 am »

(the obvious answer is roseheart has no day2 investigation because they were busy trying to kill webadict)

btw I will be away most of the day plz ignore this quadruple post. i just woke up and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 10, 2020, 08:38:30 am »

Okay then. I can setup a confirmation circle unless one of Persus13, Caz, or Luckyowl disagree.

Caz, investigate TricMagic.
Persus13, guard Luckyowl.
TricMagic, guard Caz.
webadict, investigate TricMagic. (Idk why it's called investigate, I act like a total coward and hide, lol)
Luckyowl, uh, talk to the dead.

This way, the only targets to kill are TricMagic and Persus13. However, if TricMagic dies, I die with them, and that leaves Persus13 as the suspect. And if Persus13 dies, I am cleared by Caz, and that leaves TricMagic as the suspect. If Luckyowl dies, Persus13 is the suspect. If Caz dies, TricMagic is the suspect.

Sounds good to me, but I'll take suggestions from Caz, Luckyowl, and Persus13. Mostly, I can switch which one of the guards I am hiding at.

But, that's in case roseheart isn't the last Dopp. Which they probably are.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 10, 2020, 08:48:36 am »

I had a triple last night.

Most of my action was for dopps to think me a scapegoat and not kill me. That gave me opportunity to get my role off, at which point I'd be dead and the killer revealed to the one I protected. That was best case for me.

Persus isn't quite cleared yet though, Vengeful Guard is a bit much for mafia to deal with. But that situation is one that there are three mafia rather than two, and not currently relevant.

As a note, both Caz and Roseheart can't be Detectives on the same team. So one is lying. In which case that rose is town-flipped, Caz threw a teammate under the bus, and is working with Webadict. But that's a suspension of disbelief, it's more likely Webadict is playing us for fools in that scenario and is the culprit.

This is mostly an If scenario. We guards need to defend town, and if there are two of us, I'll guard Luckyowl, Persus can guard Caz. If either of us die, Luckyowl can confirm our actions. If Caz dies, Persus isn't a guard.

Ninja web
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38