Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34225 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 2 - *Replacement requested*
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2020, 11:04:00 am »

I more than happy to talk about the set-up and how I do things over in the Paranormal rules thread once the game is over.

You can also read through that and the previous games to see how things usually shake out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2020, 11:15:31 am »

4maskwolf hasn't send any phrase yet. But I think that's illegal.

It's interesting why juicebox didn't targeted me. Them confirming that they have a kill intention is proof that I have a medium role. They Could've deflected my claim but they only support it.

Also looking at the vigilante role shows that it's possible to be dopp with a vigilante role. So saying you're the vigilante doesn't really help you.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 08, 2020, 11:27:37 am »

Private messages between players are allowed.

Rule on PMs: Private Messages are allowed. However, you may only PM one other player at a time and I must be copied on all PMs. Failure to do so will result in very bad things happening to you. In addition you may NOT quote any PM from me, either your initial Role-PM or any role-related PMs. (Night role results, etc).  I'll make an exception for specifically rules-related questions. This is to keep the suspense and uncertainty in the game high. You're not supposed to know if the other person is lying or not, and quoting me gives too much weight to whatever it is you're saying.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 08, 2020, 11:30:26 am »

But I think that's illegal.
It is not. That's why I'm asking now. I sent it on Day 1 while 4mask was alive, so no rules were broken, as long as Meph was included. Just let me know when 4mask replies, it shouldn't be any longer than 3 words.

But, you have pretty much confirmed it already with identifying that juicebox has a Kill intention.

Also looking at the vigilante role shows that it's possible to be dopp with a vigilante role. So saying you're the vigilante doesn't really help you.
Welllll, it sorta does. Dopp Vigilantes are insanely powerful, and almost entirely unlikely to be in even a large game, but it would also mean that there is a missing kill, since juicebox targeted 4maskwolf.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2020, 11:31:10 am »

It's interesting why juicebox didn't targeted me. Them confirming that they have a kill intention is proof that I have a medium role. They Could've deflected my claim but they only support it.

because you don't look very town and medium is honestly a lackluster role anyway?

Caz, I'd like to hear why you think he isn't.

because I investigated him and he came back as a Telepath.

guess what doppelgangers do when they kill? they absorb the role of their victim.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2020, 11:36:03 am »

You know, that Sneak role is annoying... Webadict, you can confirm being a Sneak, no other role? No maybes.
I would like to claim Reporter. I watched 4maskwolf, and 4maskwolf was targeted by at least juicebox. I am unwilling to state anyone else at the moment, because I believe Caz, but I will absolutely be watching Luckyowl tonight.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2020, 11:41:40 am »

guess what doppelgangers do when they kill? they absorb the role of their victim.
Let me correct the record here though. Only one type of Dopp does that. Juicebox was likely a Telepath at the start.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 08, 2020, 11:44:05 am »

So, Caz is investigative? Didn't know about the PM thing though.

Anyway, I think we are getting somewhere. I'll wait to do a role reveal for when Luckyowl returns the phrase. Might want to make your case juice.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 08, 2020, 11:44:42 am »

Investigations also happen before kills if I'm reading the rules right.

Anyways a Telapath isn't a Vig.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 08, 2020, 11:44:57 am »

Let me correct the record here though. Only one type of Dopp does that. Juicebox was likely a Telepath at the start.
Actually, I might have to check my sources on that one. But, the point is that a Telepath cannot have a goal of kill when they target someone unless they are a Dopp. Also, Telepaths do not physically target someone, so juicebox is caught in about 4 different nets right now.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2020, 11:46:44 am »

Yeah? Huh. Either way, he's lying about vig.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2020, 11:49:15 am »

because you don't look very town and medium is honestly a lackluster role anyway?

No, because I accused them of having a kill intention.

Webaddict I just got the answer. You didn't PM 4maskwolf. There's no secret code.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2020, 11:52:15 am »

So, Caz is investigative? Didn't know about the PM thing though.

Anyway, I think we are getting somewhere. I'll wait to do a role reveal for when Luckyowl returns the phrase. Might want to make your case juice.
There is no possible case they can make.
1) The Medium claims the Telepath investigated them. They got a goal of Kill. Juicebox claims Vigilante.
2) The Investigator got the role of Telepath. Does not match their claim.
3) The Reporter caught them targeting 4maskwolf. Is not possible to match their claimed role, nor the Telepath's claimed goal, nor the Investigator's claimed role.

That's a three-person net. With 2 possible Dopps, that is a confirmed Doppelganger. Nothing could possibly get them out.

Not that it won't be worth seeing.

Webaddict I just got the answer. You didn't PM 4maskwolf. There's no secret code.
That is correct, thank you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2020, 11:54:05 am »

Wait... Caz and I could technically be Dopps in that scenario, so that would be the only possible way. But I know that is incorrect, so there's that.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2020, 11:55:46 am »

Wait... Caz and I could technically be Dopps in that scenario, so that would be the only possible way. But I know that is incorrect, so there's that.

Well, if he flips town we have just screwed ourselves.

There is one other minor possibility of you being a dopp-aligned mad scientist that mind controlled (redirect) to 4mask so the role would show different. But I highly doubt it... just covering all bases :D
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38