Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34244 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Replacement requested
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2020, 07:34:48 pm »

Seems like a lot of maybes, and it confuses me you are so content to gamble with your life. Have you asked the mod for clarifiers? Sorry if I sound condescending, sometimes even skilled players for get the simple things.
I did indeed clarify what was possible with the Sneak. And it's not like I even have to lie about my role. I could just lie about who I'm hiding behind. The Sneak is the perfect cover for me. The scum have to choose whether or not to target me and potentially lose a kill (and give me partial credit, since I could simply no-kill as scum), or they can accept that I am the Sneak and attempt to kill the player I claim I'm hiding behind to kill me, or they can refuse to kill the player I claim I'm hiding behind and go for a kill on what I likely believe to be 4maskwolf. Juicebox is too easy of a target to kill, Luckyowl is... just, overall a silly person to kill. You might be a possible target, I suppose, but TricMagic definitely won't be and neither will Caz. So, worst case scenario, I die and another Townie who needed replacing died, and best case scenario, I get the scum to target 4maskwolf, save him with a Guardian, and we get a series of confirmations that makes the game immediately broken. Overall, it's a solid plan. Yes, me dying sucks because I feel like I'm more likely to make decisions to believe someone's argument, but

In regards to Persus13, while it would be nice for them to share their reads, they have been applying pressure to players to behave pro-town here and there. And isn't it true they were the one to point out that Caz had been gone before roles were PMd? Isn't that a valuable contribution?
Sure, Persus gave some very light pressure. Would you believe that my attitude towards Luckyowl consisted of similar behaviors? Would that not also make me more Town by comparison? And pointing out Caz isn't here is somewhat helpful, but it's not exactly something that contributed much, and it doesn't involve offering suspects or deductions. It's not something that can be used to compare to on Day 2. And that's what we need on Day 1.

That way, when we see "webadict was suspicious" from a dead Townie, the obvious thing you can say is that this was said by a Townie, so you know there was no malice or misinformation behind it.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2020, 07:43:23 pm »

"Goodnight, Kid."

The large figure lurches away from the pool table and his company and heads for the door and disappears.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 06, 2020, 08:04:16 pm »

The Whiteboard
Persus13: webadict
TricMagic: juicebox, Persus13
No Lynch: 4maskwolf, Caz, Luckyowl, roseheart, TricMagic

Everyone looks up at the whiteboard. Looks of relief, doubt, and fear are exchanged.

"So...I guess that's it?" Says Caz.

"We go home and all try to survive." replies TricMagic. "See who's alive in the morning and what we can learn from that."

webadict makes a *tsk* sound. "Right. Well, good night, I guess."

You all funnel out and trudge through the snow to your houses.

No one has died...yet.

Night has fallen. Send in your Actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Night 1 - *Replacement requested*
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2020, 05:28:32 pm »

Dawn arrives, and with it a light snow flurry. Nothing too much, and nothing that’ll add much more snow than has already blanketed the town.

It’s kind of pretty, really. Though beauty like that can be hard to appreciate when you’re worried about literal monsters eating you.

In any case you all show up at the town hall/rec center. Someone busted out some donuts from the pantry. Someone else gets the coffee pot going.

Not 4maskwolf though. He doesn’t show up at all.

After a donut and a cup of coffee down and he’s
still not shown up, well, that’s long enough. You all trudge over to his house.

It’s pretty obvious what happened to him. There is a busted window and blood splatters on the reading nook inside. And on the windowsill. And on the snow outside, though that’s starting to get covered up.

A bit more looking around gives you some clues into their life. A box of hot chocolate mix on the counter. A half-drank cup on the end table near the reading nook.

A bookshelf of new-agey looking books, especially about psychic powers and telepathy. Yeah...lots of those. Everyone kind of looks around and nods in agreement. He was one of those Telepath folks. Weird.

Didn’t save him, though.

Which means there are still two dopps out there.

Time to figure out who did this and give them what for!

Day 2 has started! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 2 - *Replacement requested*
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2020, 05:30:05 pm »

Thanks I hate it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2020, 05:41:56 pm »

Well, on one side, that makes things easier. On another, well, nothing on my end tonight.

... As a quick check webadict, who were you suspecting day one that you posted about?

TricMagic's thoughts
webadict

Caz
Luckyowl
roseheart
4maskwolf - Human Telepath
juicebox
Persus13

I can deduce a possible cause of death, and that is removing someone that I at least trusted. Which means higher chance of lynching town off of my vote. Not the only reason there could be, but not good.

Why go for 4maskwolf is the question that needs answers.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2020, 06:08:44 pm »

Well, on one side, that makes things easier. On another, well, nothing on my end tonight.

... As a quick check webadict, who were you suspecting day one that you posted about?

TricMagic's thoughts
webadict

Caz
Luckyowl
roseheart
juicebox
Persus13

I can deduce a possible cause of death, and that is removing someone that I at least trusted. Which means higher chance of lynching town off of my vote. Not the only reason there could be, but not good.

I can think of two reasons why the mafias chose 4maskwolf. The first one, 4maskwolf was the closest to figuring out the mafias. So we should read his post and see if there is anything there. The second reason, he was the strongest player. So they took him out.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2020, 07:39:31 pm »

Generally speculating on the night kill leads to a lot of WIFOM, but I agree with your second assertion that they took out 4mask to be rid of a stronger player.

Luckyowl: Who did 4maskwolf visit last night, and what was that person's goal?

Juicebox: Its been awhile since you posted. Who are you most suspicious of going into Day 2? What are your thoughts on the D1 no lynch?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2020, 09:01:02 pm »

Generally speculating on the night kill leads to a lot of WIFOM, but I agree with your second assertion that they took out 4mask to be rid of a stronger player.

Juicebox: Its been awhile since you posted. Who are you most suspicious of going into Day 2? What are your thoughts on the D1 no lynch?

I spoke to 4maskwolf just now, and he told me that Juicebox had a 'kill' intention. So my answer will be Juicebox, Persus 13.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2020, 09:05:04 pm »

Well I'm interested to hear from Juicebox then.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 07, 2020, 09:21:43 pm »

I spoke to 4maskwolf just now, and he told me that Juicebox had a 'kill' intention. So my answer will be Juicebox, Persus 13.
Shows what I know. I thought juicebox was Town.

Juicebox it is.

TricMagic's thoughts
webadict

Caz
Luckyowl
roseheart
juicebox
Persus13

Well, my most suspected was Persus13 and you, but my least suspected was juicebox, 4maskwolf, and Luckyowl, in that order. Assuming that Luckyowl catches a Doppelganger here, that pretty much confirms them, so they'd be basically cleared as Town.

As for why 4maskwolf, 4maskwolf was the least suspected (by number of players) and strongest member of the Town. I already told you that they'd be the most likely to die Night 1. I had hoped that I would be targeted last Night, but alas, I am alone.

Given some time to think about it, I'm gonna reevaluate what 4maskwolf said, because they're obviously better than I am at finding scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2020, 09:48:05 pm »

So, going off the assumption that juicebox is scum, I am willing to actually assume you are more likely to be Town, Tric, especially because I believe that you are still an investigatory role.

Juicebox had spent a majority of their time voting for you and interacting with you, 4maskwolf, Luckyowl, and I, one post each interacting with roseheart and Persus13, and zero posts interacting with Caz. Thus, I'd like to be more suspicious of those three going forward. It's certainly possible that they'd vote you as a scum partner, but my inclination is that 4mask also did not think you were particularly scummy enough to deal with at the moment.

But, my scumlist is basically half the Town, and that's not really good enough. So, I'm willing to give Persus13 some room for doubt, since I appear to be in the minority for that one, and really, I'm hoping they are killed at Night so I won't have to worry about them at all. I have like no reads on Caz because they aren't here, but roseheart still concerns me because I feel like they are consistently hidden in the background.

Also, I'd be willing to full claim. After juicebox, naturally.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2020, 07:57:17 am »

Going into day 2 I would have to say I'm most suspicious of TricMagic. 4mask also suspected him of being scum, I can see that as being the reason he was killed. As for my thoughts for the no lynch, while I would be against it in most circumstances, I can see why it would benefit us in this one. Had I been on at EOD I would have switched my vote to no lynch as well.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2020, 08:02:44 am »

So, going off the assumption that juicebox is scum, I am willing to actually assume you are more likely to be Town, Tric, especially because I believe that you are still an investigatory role.

Juicebox had spent a majority of their time voting for you and interacting with you, 4maskwolf, Luckyowl, and I, one post each interacting with roseheart and Persus13, and zero posts interacting with Caz. Thus, I'd like to be more suspicious of those three going forward. It's certainly possible that they'd vote you as a scum partner, but my inclination is that 4mask also did not think you were particularly scummy enough to deal with at the moment.

But, my scumlist is basically half the Town, and that's not really good enough. So, I'm willing to give Persus13 some room for doubt, since I appear to be in the minority for that one, and really, I'm hoping they are killed at Night so I won't have to worry about them at all. I have like no reads on Caz because they aren't here, but roseheart still concerns me because I feel like they are consistently hidden in the background.

Also, I'd be willing to full claim. After juicebox, naturally.

I have a kill intention because I am a human vigilante.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2020, 08:06:06 am »

TricMagic, I find it interesting that one of the people that was suspicious of you ended up getting killed. Mind telling us what your night action was?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38