Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34348 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is full of RP
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2020, 09:44:06 am »

I asked you a question, Tric.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2020, 09:50:28 am »

And I gave answers. Can't really read Caz since afk, Webadict still ticks town, and Luckyowl has already been pressed. Juicebox meanwhile is still on the list. So that puts Webadict, myself, and you as the ones I'm leaning town. Seriously, like no one reads the whole post.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2020, 10:25:40 am »

I really need to check the forum more often.

Give me a minute...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2020, 10:50:52 am »

Just 1 page? And juice still kept a vote on me without a reason why, other than me seeming scum...

Fair enough. No Lynch

Misquoting my own post, what the horror juicebox. 'I am really tempted to skip to night' can be read as it reads. It can't be read as 'I really want to skip to night' however. Words matter.

If wedadict is awake, a lurker list would be appreciated. We still have between 8 and 9 hours, and both Persus13 and roseheart are looking sus~

An octopus really does describe me this game though.
Sorry, Tric, not off work yet, and I have a policy that I can't turn on my home computer until then. But I could make an exception around lunch, if you're willing to wait 2-3 hours.

@roseheart... fair on the spirit animal. Not fair on the Persus13 covering me. Guilt by association is unevenly applied in that case. If you wanna suspect Persus13, then do it right, not by linking me with them. Persus13 is suspicious because they are generally lurky and providing little in the way of content. How those two link to me is thin, if anything.

I really need to check the forum more often.

Give me a minute...
Hot damn.

And I gave answers. Can't really read Caz since afk, Webadict still ticks town, and Luckyowl has already been pressed. Juicebox meanwhile is still on the list. So that puts Webadict, myself, and you as the ones I'm leaning town. Seriously, like no one reads the whole post.
I agree with 2 out of 3 of those.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2020, 10:59:26 am »

Moving on, Caz and Persus13. The latter still has some time to post something of actual substance, and plenty to do it with now. The former never showed up to the meeting place, and that's never good no matter the cause.

TricMagic not good in what way? are you scumreading me because i wasn't here? :D i believe persus pointed that out later, but it seems like something you'd look up yourself, if you cared about the game.

re: LuckyOwl claiming. it's dumb and also gives me a headache.

if he's town he's rather useless as a PR, he could be claiming to stop the mafia/doppelgangers/ghosts/etc from night killing him, but if this is the case why not just stay quiet?

if he's scum trying to claim a role that seems town-sided then it's also dumb because it was stated at the beginning of the game that any role can be any side due to meph's randomisation.

it's just... dumb

If you strike this night I will know that it was you.

how exactly? this is faulty logic. or are you claiming sneak too now?

I'm a newb, but my newb status allows me to shape into many roles. Did I really told you the truth? Am I really the medium? Am I really targeting you? Or am I throwing a curve ball to hit my real target? Maybe I'm not lying. Maybe I told the truth. Maybe I am lying.

You ask, who I think is the most suspicious person among us? And I say, Juicebox.

You ask, who is the least suspicious person among us?
And I say,  TrikMagic.

But am I really telling you the truth? Or am I just throwing names so that I don't alert the real scum? Perhaps I'm hoping that the scum comes after me? Maybe it's part of my strategy?

don't even know wtf to make of this.

I think we shouldn't lynch this day and see how the night plays. I doubt there will be any killing this night as it will only backfire on the mafia. If I were the mafia that's how I would play. Skip this night then attack following night, or even two nights after.

why would it backfire on the mafia? and why would you play in this method you described?

webadict talks a lot but iirc he generally does, and that's not a bad thing. the wifom "i am sneak but not sneak" is where it starts getting weird though. if he is town he has just painted a target on his back. the only possible town role i can see for him right now is some sort of "bomb", but even webadict knows he is more useful alive, especially at beginning of the game. so i don't know why he would do that.

roseheart/juicebox seem neutral to me. no real read, but it's day1 and pissing to the wind anyway.

4mask gives me a bad feeling, mostly due to him going inactive in earlier pages then coming back to just ask random questions at several people. it's not really joining/continuing the conversation doing this.

and somehow i miss out on persus13 entirely. re-reading, he seems to ask a lot of questions about other people's questions without really pressing people on his own. why do this?

i think no lynch is a good idea purely down to numbers. we have no real info and a 75% chance of lynching townie (probably slightly more likely than that, given that mafia can pile their 2 votes on same person while each villager is working on their own rationale only. couple a mislynch with a death and tomorrow we will be sitting at 6/2, which is MYLO.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2020, 11:02:46 am »

oh no, i forgot the closing bracket )

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2020, 11:05:40 am »

I mean, I could be Sneak. Then the scum could try to kill me and miss. Targets don't always point at bullseyes.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2020, 11:09:39 am »

The Whiteboard
TricMagic: juicebox
No Lynch: 4maskwolf, Caz, TricMagic, webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2020, 11:16:57 am »

I mean, I could be Sneak. Then the scum could try to kill me and miss. Targets don't always point at bullseyes.

That'll teach me how to skimread. Somehow got the idea that it was just a 'watcher' role.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2020, 11:17:41 am »

The Whiteboard
TricMagic: juicebox
No Lynch: 4maskwolf, Caz, TricMagic, webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
What time is that in hours from now?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2020, 11:18:43 am »

Like... more than eight hours.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2020, 11:27:40 am »

Yeah I’m like 90% that TricMagic is scum right now, I wasted way too many hours yesterday looking over some of his previous games. “Has lots of D1 reads” is what I’ve seen from mafia!Tric, while town!Tric usually has majority null reads. In particular, he doesn’t support a lot of his reads, he just throws them out there or justifies them with “lurker”, again more of a scum!Tric behavior.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2020, 11:40:28 am »

To be fair, you being on that list of three is just the fact others are scummy. And honestly past games are kinda weird to base it off of? If you want to point to Town!Tric behavior it's using past posts to drive home points, as in the case of Moony. My own style is erratic too, I think. What I did in the past and am doing now come from two different places. That doesn't mean that place is scum or town, and can't be relied on without solid proof in this game.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2020, 11:53:42 am »

I will admit that I blundered day 1. I tried to glue it together, but that was beyond my ability. But to answer your questions Caz.

Why would it backfired on the mafia?

If they kill this night. I can contact the dead. Maybe the spirits will have something for me to inform you guys. If he doesn't strike tonight then I can't really do much with my PR. Making it difficult for us to find the Mafia. Yes, it's possible that I am the Mafia with a PR. But I can assure you that I am not. Believe me, not believe me. It's up for you to decide. I foolishly said my role. So it isn't like I'm masterminding or manipulating anyone this game.

Why I would I not attack this night if I was the Mafia?

I would rather have you guys paranoid and pointing fingers without having a single clue to work with.

I honestly think the mafia is 4maskwolf. But I won't be voting him. No lynch lynching won't help me with my power. If someone is to be kill I prefer that they die by the hands of mafia. Maybe they might give us a clue on who is the mafia.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2020, 12:21:43 pm »

If they kill this night. I can contact the dead. Maybe the spirits will have something for me to inform you guys. If he doesn't strike tonight then I can't really do much with my PR. Making it difficult for us to find the Mafia.

I really doubt that you will get much useful information with this. You're acting like the dead person is going to know who killed them. Really not how medium role works, that would be insanely broken.

Yes, it's possible that I am the Mafia with a PR. But I can assure you that I am not. Believe me, not believe me. It's up for you to decide. I foolishly said my role. So it isn't like I'm masterminding or manipulating anyone this game.

Well, as long as you assured us...

Why I would I not attack this night if I was the Mafia?

I would rather have you guys paranoid and pointing fingers without having a single clue to work with.

I mean, this wouldn't lead to no new clues. Presumably town roles would still make actions that are observable. People are going to be paranoid regardless, it's kinda the game. You really would give up a kill just to make the rest of us paranoid and clueless? You know how the mafia win this game, right?? :)

I honestly think the mafia is 4maskwolf. But I won't be voting him.

Err... if you think they are mafia, you vote them. Why in hell wouldn't you?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38