Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34289 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is full of RP
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2020, 07:22:05 pm »

To answer your questions truthfully.
I think the most suspicious one is 4maskwolf. Out of all the people here. He seems to have gone silence.(I read he had an medical emergency my prayers goes for his well-being.) I don't really have a feel for him so I don't trust him.

My least suspicious one has to be Juicebox. They seem trustworthy and nice.

And yes I placed them in my most suspicious list but I was lying to see how they reacted. The same with all my contradiction, I was simply trying to gather information which I sort of did. Not a lot, but something.
Thank you for answering. Are there any posts or quotes in particular that influenced your decisions on these? Evidence behind your decision gives you more influence to what you say. You're going to need to be extra diligent on the 4maskwolf claim, as they have explained their absence. Just warning you now.

why I changed my opinion on you? It was mainly based on how you reacted towards me. I really thought you were the townie but as you got hostile my opinions of you started to change.
What do you think a Town player would do in Tric's position? What about a scum player? Please provide reasoning.

To answer your first one, no not really. I don't really have a particular quote to defend my claim. That's just what I think. But it's hard to give hard evidence when 4maskwolf absent atm. Juicebox, I just sort of feel that they're a  good person. From the start Juicebox always seemed to be a townie. Of course I can be wrong on this. I honestly wanted to get TricMagic from the start.

...speaking of the last. Yeah that's an L on me...

Just fixing something that bothered me a bit.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2020, 07:25:56 pm »

@roseheart, you are obviously paying attention to the game, so I need to see more game-related posts from you. Do you have any townreads or scumreads?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2020, 07:32:43 pm »

I'll admit I just googled it rather than read the ruling for this game. So I've mostly been pushing it to get an answer from them. But...

Based on what I know, this seems imbalanced? It's a role reveal that really does little for town on Day 1, better to wait if it is always active. And he could have pointed that out at any time, how my interpretation of the role was wrong. But he didn't. Why?

At this point, my objective is completed, and my death a reveal of why it seems off to me. So I'll move back to Juicebox for now. But I can't really trust anything that would come from this supposed medium ability unless I am already dead.

Rose, care to participate while I'm asleep? Make some pushes, write some posts, engage juicebox, the usual. Caz still hasn't posted yet too.

Nin2

That is exactly why it is off to reveal it so early. It doesn't advance anything for town, and no guarantee of protection roles being available. And in order to trust the info given, they themselves need to be trusted.
You're not wrong on it being inadvisable to reveal, but why is it okay for me to reveal my role and not okay for Luckyowl to reveal their role?

I would also like to admit here that I actually have a more-than-slight townread on juicebox, so I don't think your vote here is correct at all. Juicebox has actually been one of the more active participants in this game, and I have seen very little to convince me that juicebox is scum. I also think their assessment of the situation on Luckyowl fits very well with what I believe. So, honestly, if I had to choose someone who I believed was town right now, I'd pick juicebox, for sure. So, I'm gonna have to suggest voting someone else.

It's weird because it feels like your rationale is getting weaker now that you've shifted away from Luckyowl, though. He seems like an easier target, so it could be easier to generate an argument against them. Luckyowl certainly seems suspicious what with... whatever the hell they tried to do earlier.

The one thing I'm not convinced of yet is you being scum, but you've steadily started sliding down the scum-o-meter as you've talked. At first, it seemed silly to say "end the day now" as scum, because it's just too careless. I figured a power role would make sense. But, your arguments are pretty lackluster at best. You're... probably only neutral to me. Even with juicebox being suspicious of you, I think you're overall too valuable to give up just yet, whereas we've got Persus13 still being too quiet for my liking. And since Caz still ain't here, I can't really pull a whole list together. But, I'll post one before the day ends tomorrow.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2020, 07:33:18 pm »

Oh, and no lynch.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2020, 07:35:22 pm »

Mamobo thinks webadict did it!

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz -
I am withdrawing my vote - roseheart*,
juicebox -
Juicebox - TricMagic*,
Luckyowl -
no lynch - webadict*,
Persus13 -
roseheart -
TricMagic -
TricMagic's - juicebox*,
webadict -
Webadict - 4maskwolf*,

Not Voting - Caz, Luckyowl, Persus13,
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2020, 07:35:40 pm »

Mamobo thinks webadict did it!
Fucck you, Mamobo.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2020, 08:00:39 pm »

The Whiteboard
juicebox: TricMagic
TricMagic: juicebox
webadict: 4maskwolf
No Lynch: webadict

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday (Tomorrow)

(Quite the saucy bot you've got there, Web)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2020, 09:32:31 pm »

(Quite the saucy bot you've got there, Web)
I've been working on it for a while, so I taught it to talk mad trash.

On the plus side, I've fixed its vote counting abilities just now so that it should be able to identify names even if they're slightly misspelled (and it will no longer create additional players if it can't find the one you voted for...) with the ability to add aliases to players. All I have left is to add some caching, command parsing, set up some cron, and then it could potentially keep track of an entire game or listen for PMs. If I got truly bored and added more moderation abilities like thread locking and PMing, it could even moderate beginner games with static role setups without oversight.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2020, 10:11:42 pm »

Snazzy!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2020, 11:06:57 pm »

Snazzy!
Any word on Caz, or should they maybe be replaced?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2020, 11:37:14 pm »

Snazzy!
Any word on Caz, or should they maybe be replaced?

I pinged her, but no response yet. So we might need to see about a replacement.
Come play Mafia with us!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2020, 01:31:48 am »

Rose, care to participate while I'm asleep? Make some pushes, write some posts, engage juicebox, the usual. Caz still hasn't posted yet too.
@roseheart, you are obviously paying attention to the game, so I need to see more game-related posts from you. Do you have any townreads or scumreads?

After some of the shouting back and forth eventually worked its' way in his general direction, the fur coat man licked the white powder off his fingers and cleared his throat...

Roseheart's Rigorous Reads

Caz
Everyone: I feel like its worth pointing out that Caz was last on Bay12 over a week ago, which was a day after they Inned on this game. So unfortunately, he probably doesn't even know if he's town or scum yet.
afk. Probably won't be joining us. Statistically speaking, prolly town. Spirit animal: Pet rock.

TricMagic
I am tempted to just skip today and get to night.
There is also my Skip to Night sentence. Note I put it out there as a hook, juicebox. And you seem to have taken it line and sinker. What's your response to this?
I keep trying to think how this could be covering tracks, but Tric did pick up activity after. I believe the ruse, but I am ambiguous on the reasoning and risk taking. Lean town until proven otherwise. Spirit animal: Octopus.

webadict
I am a Sneak. As of now, I will be hiding at 4maskwolf's house tonight. I will change this to be the person I would most like to die tonight. But, so far, I would be okay with losing you, Monsieur Wolf.
Trying to read this one makes my head hurt. Slightly lean mafia. Spirit animal: Wack-a-mole and a thieving monkey had a baby.

Luckyowl
With no other option. I will follow...your advice: I am a medium. I can speak to the dead. That is it. That's my ability. I can't do anything now since I need  spirits to talk to.
Seems to be thrashing about under pressure. It seems a little overkill to be laying it on them so thick and at this point if they had beans to spill they'd have already done so. They should definitely be protected tonight if possible. Lean town. Spirit animal: Mermaid.

juicebox
This gained the attention of one of the man sitting at the counter. "Well I seen all kinds o' weird lights comin' from TricMagic's house last night." He said as he stood up. "Mind tellin' us all what you were doin' in there?"
They are constantly squabbling with TricMagic, and I don't know what to make of it. Town I guess. Spirit animal: Daddy long-legs.

Mamobo
Mamobo thinks <--Oh god!
01000001 01101100 01100101 01111000 01100001 00111111

4maskwolf
The last one, Paranormal 25. It was actually Leafsnail’s conspiracy theory but after town had basically already won Wuba started pushing it in the hopes of spicing up the final day (at least I think that was his justification, it’s been three years so I could be remembering wrong).
Seems to know webadict's habits, even provoking them to role reveal. Which is good, because I do not possess the patience to go back and read sessions I did not partake in. I could see that maybe they are scum working an angle, eh I lean town. Spirit animal: Ant Eater.

Persus13
I'd call that grandparent a bully too. My read on you is that you're belligerent but leaning town. But its early days yet.
Might be covering for webadict.

I sleep.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2020, 03:17:28 am »

I hope Caz either shows up or we get a replacement, otherwise they're either scum or town is already in a delayed LYLO.

TricMagic: Besides Lucky and Juicebox, do you have reads on anyone else?
roseheart: So your scumteam pick is Persus/webadict, then?  Gun to your head, which one would you pick as most scummy and why.
Persus13: The sum total of your thoughts from yesterday appear to be "webadict lean town".  Got any more hot takes for us today?

No Lynch

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2020, 07:18:56 am »

Hey scum. I'll give you a freebie. I'm hiding at Caz's house tonight. Kill them and you get me as a bonus.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2020, 09:17:44 am »

Just 1 page? And juice still kept a vote on me without a reason why, other than me seeming scum...

Fair enough. No Lynch

Misquoting my own post, what the horror juicebox. 'I am really tempted to skip to night' can be read as it reads. It can't be read as 'I really want to skip to night' however. Words matter.

If wedadict is awake, a lurker list would be appreciated. We still have between 8 and 9 hours, and both Persus13 and roseheart are looking sus~

An octopus really does describe me this game though.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38