Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34292 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is full of RP
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2020, 06:18:45 pm »

If more people are against that idea, then I would rather we lynched someone based entirely on their activity. Activity on Day 1 matters.

I don't feel good about this one.
While it could be argued that if you knew you were going to be distracted by the US election then you shouldn't join...this game really had to squeeze to gather enough players, so there were and must be compromises on all sides.
The game probably should have started afterwords, on the other hand it is also valuable to have distractions too.

Shaking himself awake, the man in the fur coat notices his coffee is empty, and goes to get some more. He grabs a powdered donut while he's up.

He takes a moment to appraise the whiteboard, a standstill, aswell as the pinned up government pamphlet and its' alien egg sack photos that matched the ones discovered.

The incandescent lights overhead flicker briefly. After a pause he takes his first bite from the donut and heads back to his table, where he sees a few have gathered to speak to him and each other.

I'm pretty fine with RP, as long as there's content besides RP. I'm generally not in favor of a No Lynch, but the set up might favor it here.

Noted, and here here. I don't know the math behind it, but these numbers are like we are already a few turns in so each town player is extremely valuable. I'm in no hurry to actually lynch somebody without provocation.

I'm pretty fine with RP, as long as there's content besides RP. I'm generally not in favor of a No Lynch, but the set up might favor it here.
Roseheart:
I need to focus on other things/sleep, so I am withdrawing my vote of TricMagic.
When do you expect to get back here from your focus on other things?

Well I am probably only going to be active in spurts a couple or a few times a day. Not necessarily that I am busy, though I am hosting games, but it's the only way I can stay keen and composed. I'll probably be on more later, and I'd like to create a portrait for everyone by the Friday deadline incase I or someone else gets lynched or dies in the night.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is cold and fears for the future
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2020, 06:23:21 pm »

Oof, sorry to hear that!
Actually I’d like on cancel my request, it’s not assume bad as it looked and it looks like I’ll be able to play out D1 normally.

When I wake up.

I hope you feel better soon.

With that out of the way, I'd like Luckyowl and juicebox to start off with who they believe is most suspicious and least suspicious. All others need not apply, and are free to join in on the fun, though

Sure. At this point I'm most suspicious of TricMagic. His post on wanting to end the say sounds slightly scummy to me, and it's the most suspicious thing I've seen out of anyone so far.

As for least suspicious, I'd have to say Luckyowl. He generally seems like a new-ish town player, and I believe his claim. I don't think that he would fakeclaim here as scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2020, 06:26:22 pm »

What's even your question? I told you. I am the medium and that is a fact. I told you that I lied to gather information that is not a lie.

I'll make it simpler then.
A. You need to target a dead player during the night to get info from them.
B. You can target an alive player and get info from them if they die that night, in addition to being able to target the dead at night.

A is the standard. B is the alt. Which of the two are true? A puts you as firmly scum at this point, B can theoretically be excused. I have to wonder if you are reading the sentences I've typed so far or just reacting to me putting pressure on you.

Nin.

Juicebox, it's been a while since then, and that doesn't help your own case. Why is Luckyowl so town in your eyes?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Replacement needed (medical reasons)
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2020, 06:32:37 pm »

In order of quotes, I am awake.

Juicebox, Tricmagic, and roseheart: Out of curiosity, how much experience do you have playing mafia or similar games?

This one is interesting. I've played quite a few games by now, but I've found it's the players that form the style of a game. What works in one may not apply to another forum.

...Sigh... Your ways with words are far greater than me. I am not a debater, as it is evidence in my writing. I can not trick you or trap you. I can  feel what you are doing, but I can not manifest it into words in a way that will leave baffled. I'm a sprout when it comes to this.

With no other option. I will follow...your advice: I am a medium. I can speak to the dead. That is it. That's my ability. I can't do anything now since I need  spirits to talk to.

New player, so they have the benefit of the doubt. Still, that isn't a role to unmask so early, and the info does you no good if everyone thinks you scum already. It would mostly depend on if you can target a player who is alive and talk to them if they die that night. Can you do that? If not, revealing it is very suspicious due to it being a Night 2+ power.

There is also my Skip to Night sentence. Note I put it out there as a hook, juicebox. And you seem to have taken it line and sinker. What's your response to this?

My response is that you cast quite a large net. You can't say that you want to skip the information gathering portion of the game and not expect someone to see you as a little scummy for it; I'm not even the only one that's called you out on it. Besides that, it's only a slight scumread on you at the moment. It's not anything I'd be willing to lynch you over on it's own.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2020, 06:39:54 pm »

Go back and read everything that happened while you were asleep juicebox. Also pretty sure your vote is still on me.

The Luckyowl is offline too. Quite the time to do so. I will get that question answered at some point today.

Also, if you remember, I asked Should we? The answer from me at least is no, but it was interesting to see what popped up from that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2020, 06:42:19 pm »

Oof, sorry to hear that!
Actually I’d like on cancel my request, it’s not assume bad as it looked and it looks like I’ll be able to play out D1 normally.

When I wake up.

With that out of the way, I'd like Luckyowl and juicebox to start off with who they believe is most suspicious and least suspicious. All others need not apply, and are free to join in on the fun, though

Sure. At this point I'm most suspicious of TricMagic. His post on wanting to end the say sounds slightly scummy to me, and it's the most suspicious thing I've seen out of anyone so far.

As for least suspicious, I'd have to say Luckyowl. He generally seems like a new-ish town player, and I believe his claim. I don't think that he would fakeclaim here as scum.
Would you say that Tric's attitude since then has shown a change in that stance, or no?

Couldn't Luckyowl regular claim their role as scum? Doppelgangers can also be Mediums.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2020, 06:47:39 pm »

Right, at this point I see you as bad scum, not good scum. Juicebox is still on my list.

Trustworthy and nice players can just be buttering you up, and you still dodged around answering my question too.

Why do I seem scummy to you? Is it just my response to your post about skipping day 1?

20 hours, and juicebox has posted during these hours before. What's up juice?

Not me, I only just woke up a few minutes ago

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2020, 06:52:03 pm »

What's even your question? I told you. I am the medium and that is a fact. I told you that I lied to gather information that is not a lie.

B. You can target an alive player and get info from them if they die that night, in addition to being able to target the dead at night.

A is the standard. B is the alt. Which of the two are true? A puts you as firmly scum at this point, B can theoretically be excused. I have to wonder if you are reading the sentences I've typed so far or just reacting to me putting pressure on you.

Nin.

Juicebox, it's been a while since then, and that doesn't help your own case. Why is Luckyowl so town in your eyes?

A. I can speak to the dead. I already said that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2020, 06:57:42 pm »

Nin.

A. I can speak to the dead. I already said that.
I also have no clue what that question means. Mediums get a link to deadchat, Tric. Simple as that.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2020, 07:03:10 pm »

I like that there is a deadchat. It's cool that people can participate in a limited way throughout the whole session. Not sure if I'd take advantage, I think for this session I would.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2020, 07:07:19 pm »

I like that there is a deadchat. It's cool that people can participate in a limited way throughout the whole session. Not sure if I'd take advantage, I think for this session I would.
It gives the Medium access to players that are proven Town, so they know they can trust the information. Additionally, they may give additional information they obtained while alive. It's typically a low-power role that gains information as the game goes on and more players die.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2020, 07:09:12 pm »

I'll admit I just googled it rather than read the ruling for this game. So I've mostly been pushing it to get an answer from them. But...

Based on what I know, this seems imbalanced? It's a role reveal that really does little for town on Day 1, better to wait if it is always active. And he could have pointed that out at any time, how my interpretation of the role was wrong. But he didn't. Why?

At this point, my objective is completed, and my death a reveal of why it seems off to me. So I'll move back to Juicebox for now. But I can't really trust anything that would come from this supposed medium ability unless I am already dead.

Rose, care to participate while I'm asleep? Make some pushes, write some posts, engage juicebox, the usual. Caz still hasn't posted yet too.

Nin2

That is exactly why it is off to reveal it so early. It doesn't advance anything for town, and no guarantee of protection roles being available. And in order to trust the info given, they themselves need to be trusted.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2020, 07:10:51 pm »

Go back and read everything that happened while you were asleep juicebox. Also pretty sure your vote is still on me.

That was an RVS vote which I was actually planning on moving, when i needed to pressure someone else, but right now I fell like it might be most useful where it is

The Luckyowl is offline too. Quite the time to do so. I will get that question answered at some point today.

Also, if you remember, I asked Should we? The answer from me at least is no, but it was interesting to see what popped up from that.

You never asked should we. In fact here's the exact quote:
I am tempted to just skip today and get to night.

And I still fail to see what was so different about my reaction than webadict's or Persus's other than the fact that I said that I saw you as slightly scummy for it. I'm just not really seeing your case here.

So am I and Luckyowl your only scum suspects? What strikes you as particularly scummy about Luckyowl's play here? Do you have any townreads so far?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2020, 07:11:46 pm »

To answer your questions truthfully.
I think the most suspicious one is 4maskwolf. Out of all the people here. He seems to have gone silence.(I read he had an medical emergency my prayers goes for his well-being.) I don't really have a feel for him so I don't trust him.

My least suspicious one has to be Juicebox. They seem trustworthy and nice.

And yes I placed them in my most suspicious list but I was lying to see how they reacted. The same with all my contradiction, I was simply trying to gather information which I sort of did. Not a lot, but something.
Thank you for answering. Are there any posts or quotes in particular that influenced your decisions on these? Evidence behind your decision gives you more influence to what you say. You're going to need to be extra diligent on the 4maskwolf claim, as they have explained their absence. Just warning you now.

why I changed my opinion on you? It was mainly based on how you reacted towards me. I really thought you were the townie but as you got hostile my opinions of you started to change.
What do you think a Town player would do in Tric's position? What about a scum player? Please provide reasoning.

To answer your first one, no not really. I don't really have a particular quote to defend my claim. That's just what I think. But it's hard to give hard evidence when 4maskwolf absent atm. Juicebox, I just sort of feel that they're a  good person. I never saw him as the scum from the very start. I honestly wanted to get Tr icMagic.

...speaking of the last. Yeah that's an L on me...

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2020, 07:13:48 pm »

Oof, sorry to hear that!

When I wake up.

Would you say that Tric's attitude since then has shown a change in that stance, or no?

Couldn't Luckyowl regular claim their role as scum? Doppelgangers can also be Mediums.

Yes that is a possibility, but I think it's just as unlikely as him fakeclaiming. I don't think scum Luckyowl claims his role at all in that situation, for the reason I stated above.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38