Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hiatus Quest  (Read 2732 times)

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
Hiatus Quest
« on: October 19, 2020, 09:35:49 am »

Here's another CYOA story thing: Hiatus quest.

HIATUS QUEST

You are the mad king bumbledüre, so-called due to your infatuation with anything related to bees.

presiding upon your throne, as if whispered into your ear, a seemingly innocuous thought flitters into your mind. As the smile slowly adorns your face, your mind races. Suddenly, you can see it. A thousand shining pearls of greatness soaring through the skies, You will be a claimant to the sanctity of the stars, and every dwarf in the nation will chant your name.

Adamantine bee armor.

As you send out the messenger from your throne room, you ponder how the manager will respond. As your mind wanders to the more important topic of maximizing bees, a legendary mechanic strolls in. Apparently, the manager liked your idea soo much, he decided to install a bridge into your throne room, to reward you.

Weeks pass as the doldrum of the everyday menagerie of diplomats which once entertained you, is stopped shut, like a dwarven keg.

As the day draws on, you suddenly realized just how dependent you were upon those exotic visitors. Come to think of it, you haven't had any visitors all day, even the citizens from your fortress haven't barged in. Reserving that small bit of determination you once had, you stand up, and try to search for the manager yourself.

Where do you go?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 06:21:14 pm by stingpie »
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Hiatus Quest
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 12:50:40 pm »

let's go to the tomb. He might be mourning a lost loved one of his.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 06:15:01 pm »

+1 to check out the tomb.

Yo, stingpie, you can put images in posts using the image tags and the direct link to the image: [img]imageurl[/img]

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 06:36:40 pm »

You decide to look in your tomb. You walk towards the entrance, and stare into the darkness.

Swaddled in your lush vestments, silhouetted by the light behind you, your childish tantrum against death simply stares at you back.

You've never liked this room.

you regret even walking in here.

Why did you come in here? The manager couldn't of gotten into your quarters without you seeing him. You chalk it up to a strange reaction to the situation.

no one can deny this

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 07:15:38 pm »

Let's go to the dining room, if he's not there then to the bedroom. I mean, there's only two option..unless. Forget what I say above! This is his new order. Check the beehive farm, wherever it may be. Surely the manger is at work with our demands.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 05:52:55 am »

Check the beehive farm, wherever it may be. Surely the manger is at work with our demands.
+1 To the hives!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 06:33:17 am »

A manager must have an office. To his office, whereever it is! Hopefully near the beehives!

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 07:42:09 pm »

Check the beehive farm, wherever it may be. Surely the manger is at work with our demands.

You elect to head to the nearest source of bees. Perhaps the manager is distracted trying to tailor the bee armor...
As you stride down the hall confidently, you notice the disarray the rest of the fortress is in. you think that everyone has been so busy constructing the adamantine wafer armor, that there simply hasn't been any time to clean!

Through the labyrinthian network of passages, you can't help but hear the hustle and bustle of busy dwarves striking the iron! The shouts and crashes of dwarven productivity pleasantly meld into a cacophony of cheer. Thoughts bubble in your head of the wonderful designs the dwarves must be etching into those tiny little carapace plates.

finally, you reach the nearest hive room. Above the masterwork door, lies the title, "BEE CARE". You always knew it was a good idea to put the bees underground!

Spitefully scraping across the floor, you open the door, and slip inside. suddenly, there is a clacking from behind you.

You quickly slam the door, knowing that it's masterful construction will protect you from anything that beast can do.
Partially in shock, you take a look around, trying to find any wonderful bees to comfort you. There are a couple of bees lazily floating about, and you deftly pinch one out of the air to try to cuddle with it. However, the bee is less than pleased with this arrangement.

You stand up and take stock of your surroundings to try and see what is going on.

In the hive room, you see a flower post, two bee boxes, a statue, and a bag on the ground. There are two exits. One leads to the manager's office, the other door leads to the Forge.

What do you do?

no one can deny this

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 05:17:38 am »

Lets examine the bee boxes and the satchel.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 08:38:17 am »

Appreciate the bee statue (to reduce stress after a scary monster encounter).

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 09:04:43 am »

The bees are in danger with that beast nearby. We should probably tell someone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2020, 04:29:14 am »

+1 The bees are more important than looking at stuff!

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 10:07:23 am »

+1 The bees are more important than looking at stuff!
You would like to tell somebody about this, but then you would leave the bees unattended. Unless...

You wield the bee boxes!

Now, Who should you tell about the monster? The militia captain would be a good idea, but the hallway with the monster connects to the militia room. And there's not a guarantee that the militia captain will be there.
On the other hand, you could try to tell the manager, but his office is much further than the militia room.

What do you do?

no one can deny this

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 01:59:44 am »

Lets go tell the manager.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 09:04:41 am »

Let's try to get to the militia room by way of the forge room. We can pick up the completed suits of bee armor and properly equip at least some of our bees while we're there.
Pages: [1] 2