Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Shards of the Sky- A forum JRPG (OOC)  (Read 2567 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Shards of the Sky- A forum JRPG (OOC)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2020, 11:05:14 am »

Is this still a thing?

If someone else joins, yes.

I was interested in joining, but I haven't got the time right now and I have my own things to tend to.

If Stirk is willing to exercise patience then even if nobody else is interested this can still be a thing.

So I guess it is still a thing. Go ahead and take however long you need.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 03:30:56 pm »

... This isn't still a thing anymore is it?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 04:35:57 pm »

... This isn't still a thing anymore is it?

Of course it is! We just have to wait until Maximum Spin has time!

Or someone else joins I guess.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 07:11:32 pm »

And done!
I heard you needed a #4~

Name: The Scribe

Description: A wizened old man with a mad gleam in his eyes and an ancient looking book clutched in his gnarled hands. He looks so frail that he physically couldn't wear anything heavier than the cloaks he's wrapped in.

Background: Once, the Scribe was a scholar. A genius mage who was at the front of research.
Then he dove too deep. He saw something beyond the Shards, or perhaps between, that drove him mad.
They cast him aside, for he spoke too true. And so he dove deeper into his mad learnings, and grew mighty.
Everyone needs a scholar of forbidden lore in their party, right?

Class: Magia

Attack/Defense/Balance: Defense

Moves:

Forbidden Revelation|Attack|Target SHARD Drain|Would you believe me if I told you that your magics are mere parlor tricks? That there's a truth you have yet to find?

Eldrich Tear|Attack|User HP Drain, Extra Damage, Inflict [Panic]|This world lies adjacent to so many others! Let me introduce you to what lies beyond the veil!

Frenzied Blood|Buff|Raise Attack|It grows. It feeds. It hopes. It dreams. It dreams of our victory.

Wyrd Reconstruction|Support|Inflict Bleed, Heal, Heal|I've gleaned enough from the sight of an Elderling regrowing its head to know how to entice a similar reaction from humanoid flesh. It is... Somewhat brutal.

Limit Break: Something Comes Through.|Attack|User HP Drain, Extra Damage, Extra Damage, Extra Damage, Extra Damage, Reanimate|A dark knowledge flickers through his eyes. You would make a great puppet for the things I've befriended... says a voice in your mind. And then you feel it devour your soul.

Crit Support: Blessing Of Beyond|Support|Heal|As you draw unclean blood, your own blood shall replenish - A beautiful cycle.

Weapon(Damage Type): Book Of Heresy(Dark)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:28:45 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 08:38:50 pm »

Not gonna lie I was bluffing. Totally thought we where dead. We can probably start tomorrow now.

And done!
I heard you needed a #4~

Name: The Scribe
Description: A wizened old man with a mad gleam in his eyes and an ancient looking book clutched in his gnarled hands. He looks so frail that he physically couldn't wear anything heavier than the cloaks he's wrapped in.
Background: Once, the Scribe was a scholar. A genius mage who was at the front of research.
Then he dove too deep. He saw something beyond the Shards, or perhaps between, that drove him mad.
They cast him aside, for he spoke too true. And so he dove deeper into his mad learnings, and grew mighty.
Everyone needs a scholar of forbidden lore in their party, right?
Class: Magia
Attack/Defense/Balance: Defense
Moves: (Name, Type, Option, and Description)
Forbidden Revelation|Attack|Target SHARD Drain|Would you believe me if I told you that your magics are mere parlor tricks? That there's a truth you have yet to find?
Eldrich Tear|Attack|User HP Drain, Extra Damage, Inflict [Panic]|This world lies adjacent to so many others! Let me introduce you to what lies beyond the veil!
Frenzied Blood|Buff|Raise Attack|It grows. It feeds. It hopes. It dreams. It dreams of our victory.
Wyrd Reconstruction|Support|Inflict Bleed, Heal, Heal|I've gleaned enough from the sight of an Elderling regrowing its head to know how to entice a similar reaction from humanoid flesh. It is... Somewhat brutal.
Limit Break: Something Comes Through.|Attack|User HP Drain, Extra Damage, Extra Damage, Extra Damage, Extra Damage, Reanimate|A dark knowledge flickers through his eyes. You would make a great puppet for the things I've befriended... says a voice in your mind. And then you feel it devour your soul.
Crit Support: Blessing Of Beyond|Support|Heal|As you draw unclean blood, your own blood shall replenish - A beautiful cycle.
Weapon(Damage Type): Book Of Heresy(Dark)

Now lets see if I can remember my own rules :V

Dark isn't a default Attack Type. I could probably just make it one without any additional effort at game start if you're heart is really set on it.

Your Limit Break looks good, and I think you definitely want it to hit the target, but I should probably double check. Do you want Reanimate to activate on the afflicted enemy or act like a revive on a fallen comrade?

Since you're SHARD drain attack only has a single SHARD drain and runs on SHARD, you're likely only going to get around 25% of the attack's cost back and reduce the target's SHARD by the same amount.

Looks good, that is all I really have for notes.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 09:08:47 pm »

It's meant to be a kinda (Not A Base Damage Type) compared to the full array. If inspected, the Book's flavortext reads
A hastily bound book, filled with hand-scrawled notes on other worlds. It's hard to read, let alone understand. The leather cover has a strange SHARD stitched into it, of a type you haven't seen before. It seems like a tear in reality, giving you a glimpse of infinite stars... And the massive eldrich shadows that weave between them.

Reanimate activates on targeted enemy, turning them into a zombie under The Scribe's command. I will willingly set Reanimate to take up two action slots if needed.
And yes, it's a nightmare and a half when it lands. This was intentional.

Isuppose SHARD Drain is poor phrasing... I meant that it deletes some of the enemy's SHARD outright, with no SHARD gain for The Scribe whatsoever. He's gonna Out Of SHARD hard, but that's what his level-up BUFF move will be for.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 09:41:04 pm »

It's meant to be a kinda (Not A Base Damage Type) compared to the full array. If inspected, the Book's flavortext reads
A hastily bound book, filled with hand-scrawled notes on other worlds. It's hard to read, let alone understand. The leather cover has a strange SHARD stitched into it, of a type you haven't seen before. It seems like a tear in reality, giving you a glimpse of infinite stars... And the massive eldrich shadows that weave between them.

Reanimate activates on targeted enemy, turning them into a zombie under The Scribe's command. I will willingly set Reanimate to take up two action slots if needed.
And yes, it's a nightmare and a half when it lands. This was intentional.

Isuppose SHARD Drain is poor phrasing... I meant that it deletes some of the enemy's SHARD outright, with no SHARD gain for The Scribe whatsoever. He's gonna Out Of SHARD hard, but that's what his level-up BUFF move will be for.

That is fine, but keep in mind that part of game progression is ditching your starting equipment for upgrades. You might end up having to find new tomes of eldrich lore in a local store before the first boss fight. And later on Tomes of the One Who Sleeps or something for Dark/Water combos. Like I said in the OP, don't get overly attached to your first weapon.

Nah, its basically a slightly special charm/confusion status effect so its fine as is. They'll be a timer on it like other status effects, your zombie will go away at the end of the fight.

Its fine phrasing, you used the same phrasing for draining your own health. I get what you mean now :V

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 10:32:07 pm »

That is fine, but keep in mind that part of game progression is ditching your starting equipment for upgrades. You might end up having to find new tomes of eldrich lore in a local store before the first boss fight. And later on Tomes of the One Who Sleeps or something for Dark/Water combos. Like I said in the OP, don't get overly attached to your first weapon.

Nah, its basically a slightly special charm/confusion status effect so its fine as is. They'll be a timer on it like other status effects, your zombie will go away at the end of the fight.

Its fine phrasing, you used the same phrasing for draining your own health. I get what you mean now :V

Noted, edited, and spaced nicely!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 11:52:59 pm »

Primarily stat blocks pending me desperately double checking to see if anything is remotely balanced. Hopefully should be. We'll see when it reaches first contact with the enemy.

Spoiler: Valen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ralik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Scribe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:18:17 am by Stirk »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2020, 02:31:52 pm »

IC is UP! GAME START!

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2020, 05:33:56 pm »

Given the starting situation I'm probably going to be using Heat Siphon a lot for this first battle, since our foes seem more focused on quantity than quality. If I can get built up to it I'm fairly sure my Limit break could end a fight in one move, at least at this level, especially since it attacks so many targets all at once, then can inflict Damage over time. It was definitely built as a way to make a lot of stuff die, if not that turn, then very shortly afterwards. But it's probably overkill and unless break meter stays between fights I'll probably not be able to build it up and fire it in this first series of fights.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2020, 04:54:35 pm »

I have regrets. I made my def-debuffs only be normal Defense, not Magic defense, which is the stuff I need to worry about. Damnit.
My Power armor arms race

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2020, 05:05:39 pm »

I have regrets. I made my def-debuffs only be normal Defense, not Magic defense, which is the stuff I need to worry about. Damnit.

We can probably still just "Patch" things given they haven't actually done anything yet and your intent was apparently for them to be MDEF.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2020, 05:21:57 pm »

We can probably still just "Patch" things given they haven't actually done anything yet and your intent was apparently for them to be MDEF.
Avatar of cold can have the MDEF debuff, I'll just have to upgrade them or get a physical attack next level up.
My Power armor arms race

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2020, 09:33:52 pm »

Odd question... Do we have "Default" attacks?

Could one of us just... punt a slime?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
Pages: 1 [2] 3