Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Armories of Valturia: Fabrique Riviere Thread  (Read 7146 times)

frostgiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armories of Valturia: Fabrique Riviere Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2020, 04:53:20 pm »

Quote from: Draw Phase 1, 1910
Riviere Nouveau 1910: (6) Iridium, eS, TFF, UristMcRiley, Powder Miner, Frostgiant
Unnamed Carbine Design: (0)

Quote from: Name Change
Keep Name: (5) Iridium, eS, TFF, UristMcRiley, Frostgiant
Fabrique Rivière: (2) Doubloon Seven, Powder Miner
Rivier Munitions: (0)

Quote from: Logo
Modified French Third Republic Crest: (7) Iridium, Doubloon Seven, eS, TFF, UristMcRiley, Powder Miner, Frostgiant

Joining this team.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2020, 07:29:38 pm »

What do you guys think about this as our Logo?

Sleek, modern, sexy.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2020, 10:47:53 pm »

I wonder if it might be TOO modern, but I would have to search 1910 logos.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2020, 11:52:53 pm »

I feel like I should clarify a couple things before we quite go ahead:

-The 1895 is a rifle, not a shotgun; you don't have an existing shotgun.
-You have no assembly line currently extant. The production of the 1895 was comparatively small. The Crown will pay for your first assembly line, whether it's tooled for the 1895 or a new weapon, but when this is done you will have only one assembly line (if you had two starting off this would be a massive advantage).
-Less importantly, if you were considering a tube-loader, straight-walled cartridges like the ones you have would be the typical ammunition, although some examples with shouldered cartridges may exist as well.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 01:34:38 pm »

FR No.1.a Carbine "Nouveau": (6) Iridium, eS, TFF, UristMcRiley, Powder Miner, Frostgiant

Modified French Third Republic Crest: (7) Iridium, Doubloon Seven, eS, TFF, UristMcRiley, Powder Miner, Frostgiant

Quote from: Naming Scheme
FR No.[DesignNumber].[RevisionNumber] (WeaponClass) "WeaponName": (1) eS

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 01:45:25 pm »

FR No.1.a Carbine "Nouveau": (6) Iridium, eS, TFF, UristMcRiley, Powder Miner, Frostgiant

FR No.[DesignNumber].[RevisionNumber] (WeaponClass) "WeaponName": (2) eS, Doomblade
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2020, 01:47:55 pm »

FR No.1.a Carbine "Nouveau": (7) Iridium, eS, TFF, UristMcRiley, Powder Miner, Frostgiant, D7

FR No.[DesignNumber].[RevisionNumber] (WeaponClass) "WeaponName": (3) eS, Doomblade, D7

Forgot to add my weight to the landslide.
Marchons, petits carabiniers!

Avanti!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2020, 02:01:16 pm »

FR No.1.a Carbine "Nouveau": (7) Iridium, eS, TFF, UristMcRiley, Powder Miner, Frostgiant, D7

FR No.[DesignNumber].[RevisionNumber] (WeaponClass) "WeaponName": (2) eS, D7
Riviere No.[Design number].[Revision number] (Weapon Class) "Weapon Name": (1) Doomblade
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 02:04:36 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2020, 02:04:56 pm »

FR No.[DesignNumber].[RevisionNumber] (WeaponClass) "WeaponName": (3) eS, D7, TFF
Riviere No.[Design number].[Revision number] (Weapon Class) "Weapon Name": (1) Doomblade

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2020, 02:09:32 pm »

Quote from: Voteboxes

FR No.[DesignNumber].[RevisionNumber] (WeaponClass) "WeaponName": (3) eS, D7, TFF
Riviere No.[Design number].[Revision number] (Weapon Class) "Weapon Name": (2) Doomblade, Iridium
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2020, 02:41:11 pm »

Quote from: FR No. 1.a Carbine "Nueveau"

The No. 1.a Carbine "Nueveau" is meant to be a mid-line carbine option for cavalry units or infantry who do not want a full-length rifle. It is a lever-action carbine firing 11x50mm Riviere from a 5 round en-bloc clip, with extra material added to the bolt to ensure safety when firing. The sighting for the carbine is a sliding open notch system. The wooden furniture of the carbine is nicely finished, with checkering on the grip and forestock to assist in handling while on horseback. The proof seal "FR" is stamped on the top of the receiver as well as on the stock's brass buttplate. The cost of the carbine is intended to be roughly 18 to 19 Credits.

I think the above is a solid competitor for the cavalry order. The lever action combined with en bloc makes operation and reloading on horseback more feasible than a bolt action or tube fed lever action. The cartridge is good enough to use, powerful enough to yeet a horse but not over powered. Open sights are cheaper to make than our current sights and easier to use for non precision work, another benefit on horseback. And as it is a carbine, we can get lower cost than a full rifle just due to less material.

We cannot do a tube magazine fed lever action rifle as we have pointed bullets with center primers. The odds of a magazine detonation are far too high.

Roll: 2
Difficulty: +1

You've chosen a relatively simple design: the en-bloc magazine is a new feature, but the lever mechanism is a well understood classic. In a wise decision, you've gone for a magazine instead of the traditional tube-load to prevent issues with your relatively advanced pointed bullet design.

FR No. 1.a Carbine "Nueveau": This is a lever-action rifle, but instead of the traditional tube loader, it uses an en-bloc magazine hidden in a hump in the wooden stock. Unlike many en-bloc magazines, it cannot readily be loaded by stripper clips, the design of the lever action requires the lever to be moved part way as each cartridge is inserted. The lever mechanism also has some feed issues, it is susceptible to pressure to the left or right and will often fail to chamber if it is not carefully moved straight-on. Once the cartridges are chambered, they at least fire as expected. Since nothing except the hammer moves when fired, it is as accurate as can be expected of the barrel, which is somewhat cheap. The moving parts are made from castings, and their simple design means they're not prone to binding, but they don't feel smooth. Feature wise, it's very simple with no extra safety, and has simple non-adjustable open sights, some checkered grip patterns on the stock, a brass butt plate and a sling attaching from the bottom. Costs 18 credits.

Fabrique Riviere has spent 20 credits, you now have 35 credits.

P.S. Are you sure you didn't mean "Nouveau"?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2020, 03:16:19 pm »

Nouveau Stripper Clip Speed loader Revision

The Nouveau carbine, which has never been spelled any other way, has some issues, but the largest issue is the inability to rapidly reload the en-bloc magazine. While the position of the magazine behind the receiver is advantageous, the lack of stripper clip usability is an issue for cavalry. As such, we will redesign the lever mechanism such that the lever, when cycled open, allows access to the entire internal magazine. Part of this redesign is thickening the lever and greasing the rotation pin, with a minute taken to grind clean the edges of the cast lever to improve ergonomics.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 05:55:57 pm by Doomblade187 »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2020, 03:17:22 pm »

FR No.1.b Carbine "Nouveau"

The No.1.b version of the Nouveau features a redesigned lever mechanism that is intended to allow the gun to take stripper clips rather than individual loaded rounds. The newer mechanism should also be more robust, allowing for a greater tolerance for left-right pressure. Lastly, the misprint of the first batch 'Nueveau' has been corrected.

(aaaaaa doomblade ninja'd aaaaaa)
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2020, 05:01:35 pm »

FR No. 1.c Carbine Nueveau
The No. 1.c Is a simplified version of the original Carbine removing the en-bloc magazine and utilizing cheaper materials and simpler methods of construction.

Why this is certainly a downgrade from the original design I figure it would be cheap enough to ensure we win the contract with the Vostoy Revolutionary army even though they may want a rifle that doesn't require reloading. I figure if we put the original design up for the Rutz Calvary Contract and this revision for the Vostoy we can win two contracts off the bat and can go from there.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2020, 05:07:55 pm »

As this revision will cost 20 credits, I believe it would be a much more efficient use of resources to try and fix the Nouveau, and only sell the 1885 to the Vostoy army as a last resort (as it is probably much cheaper than anything else we could offer them).
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
But now I'm sinking

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8