Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there any way I can improve my civilization?  (Read 1397 times)

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there any way I can improve my civilization?
« on: October 14, 2020, 02:41:57 am »

One of the largest forts in my civ is basically run by a necromancer.  I do not approve of necromancy.  I think it is evil.  Is there a way I can somehow try to stamp out this horrible practice?

It doesn't help that I've already established a temple for the worship of the very god this necromancer worships.

I dunno.  Maybe I'll just steal the slab and become a necromancer myself.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way I can improve my civilization?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 03:16:43 am »

In adventure mode - well many problems are solved by violence and throwing the slabs into the sea.

In fortress mode... Less options. You could attempt to destroy the slabs/books with the secrets, but otherwise not much. Perhaps the ruler could have an unfortunate accident if they come to your fort.

You could, of course, start a civil war and send raids against your own civilization...

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way I can improve my civilization?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 03:53:22 pm »

In adventure mode - well many problems are solved by violence and throwing the slabs into the sea.

In fortress mode... Less options. You could attempt to destroy the slabs/books with the secrets, but otherwise not much. Perhaps the ruler could have an unfortunate accident if they come to your fort.

You could, of course, start a civil war and send raids against your own civilization...

Necromancy may be bad, but that sounds like treason.  At least if I lose.  I think this may be a job for adventure mode.