Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.) Turn 7  (Read 8558 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.)
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2020, 08:37:22 am »

Cait Sith Ponders. While a tile needs to be made for the Gremlins, the Cat(fishe)s are about to rise in number. As the first to acknowledge their brilliance, they believe a gift to celebrate this occasion should be made.

They then realize they have enough power to do both. It would be interesting to see what effect this would have.

Divine Birth is granted to the Catfish, an egg appearing to give birth to a new Catfish when the other hatches.(3 Power)

Create at D8v: Rocky Shoals: A place of rocks and sand, but mostly rocks, that connects to the ocean. This Cait Sith has plans for sailing in the future. Also a place to catch fish(though not Catfish. 1 Power)

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2020, 08:47:17 am »

Gremlins
The whole tribe moves into the jungle at E8v, becoming Jungle Gremlins!
3 gremlins forage at E8v
3 gremlins forage at E9v
6 gremlins research Sustainable Foraging

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2020, 06:05:27 am »

2 platipeople forage B3s
2 platipeople forage C3s
no platipeople forage C4s (let it rest for a turn)
2 platipeople forage C3r
2 platipeople praise Phlattus.
4 platipeople study food preservation.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2020, 09:07:53 pm »

Game dead already?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Hexahood Turn 7
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2020, 03:11:31 am »

Cait Sith drops a shoal on D8v, purporting to connect it to the ocean. There is no ocean anywhere nearby. I am starting to realise that I made the world too big and it is never going to fill in. I conceived this hexahood idea because I always felt that the previous gridhood boards were too small, and this seemed like a geometrically sound way to fit more space in roughly the same image size, but there seem to be many fewer gods in the world these days. As such, I am announcing a blue-light special on terrain tiles this turn (while I reconsider the mechanics that were meant to be tied to the board filling in): Place at least one tile of land this turn, get three more free. Limit one free set per customer.

The plain at B3s also looks less plain than before. Why, it's positively green.

The Plains Humans, first of all, finally discover the mechanics of sowing when one contrarian demonstrates his disdain for the social pressure to abandon unproductive fields of research by spitting squash seeds at his rivals, which have sprouted tiny seedlings by the end of the month. They can now clear fields for one labour each, plant and tend fields once one has been created, and research further agricultural advances. The furious members of the storagist camp respond by angrily dumping that guy's lunch on the ground, and realise that they could keep track of more food if they dedicated a specific place for it instead of dropping it wherever they happen to be standing. They can also now clear stockpiles which works exactly like it does for the Catfish except you're not underwater, so go read what I said for them if you hadn't! An onlooker reflects sadly at the way the dispute compromises the perfect harmony of the flat horizon, and suddenly has a strange notion. What if... we put things under the horizon, so it stayed flat?! No human can even imagine a way to accomplish that yet, though.
Ignoring all this silly science nonsense, the rest of the Humans collect 15 units of food, more than enough to get them through the turn. I hadn't bothered to assign a food cost to research, and I decided not to add one on the fly, but I admit it's a good idea and I wish I had. They also increase their foraging level.

The Catfish gather together 18 units of food, stockpiling as much of the excess as they are able.  A second egg is laid and fertilised, and the parents of the first discover to their great consternation that still another has cropped up seemingly from out of nowhere, nestled with the first. Though there is a moment's fear of some kind of cuckoo-like brood parasite, the elders of the tribe, which are all 12 members since they spawned at the same time, convene to discuss the apparition and soon conclude, based on its palpable heavenly aura, that the only possible explanation is that this is some kind of god-egg.

The Platipeople collect 10 units of food, which, with their surplus from last turn, is enough. Platiperson scientists debate the concept of food preservation exhaustively, but make little direct headway because of a lack of any clear process to accomplish it. One obvious madman hypothesises about sprinkling little white cubes extracted from something nobody has ever heard of before called "seawater" onto meat, while another imagines mashing fruit up with different little white cubes squeezed out of a plant to make a kind of fruit goo; the whole discussion is plainly fruitless. Still, afterward, a platiperson ruminating on the concept recalls once finding, in a place where part of the plain had burned, an animal whose flesh was still edible despite being badly charred and dried in the sun for days...

The Retha collect a total of 16 units of food and 1 unit of wood. They also increase their foraging level. Retha scientists estimate that, if the current pace is maintained, they will probably understand pointy sticks next turn.
The swamp at F8u no longer seems to exhibit any haunted quality.

The Mountain Zebras gather 14 units of food, survive for another turn, and unlock the secrets of Materials 1.

The Fruit Foraging Forest Folk collect 11 units of food, which suffices alongside their leftovers. One Folk attempts to sacrifice to Cait Sith, but neglects to specify what to sacrifice! The only available resource on hand is population, anyway, but, with no particular Folk assigned to be sacrificed, the would-be sacrificer worships normally instead. Meanwhile they also research stockpiles and can do the stockpile things now.

The Gremlins collect only 9 units of food this turn, but, thanks to the largesse of heaven last turn, this is adequate to fill their stomachs. In a mad research frenzy, six Gremlin scientists discover sustainable foraging, while the entire tribe moves into the jungle permanently, leaving behind that terrifying haunted swamp.

key
mountain
jungle
freshwater body
open ocean
basic beach
plain
wet lands
swampier wet lands
volcano
kelp forest
coral reef
estuary
ravine
forest
meadow
shoal

Gods
Cait Sith: 4 Power
Phlattus: 3 Power
Morbus: 6 Power

Tribes
Plain Plains Humans at B4t: 12 Population, 1 Food, Foraging Level 3
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Sacred Sites
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Digging
  • (C) Sustainable Foraging
  • (C) Sowing
  • (C) Stockpiles
Catfish at F5r: 12 Population, 3 Eggs, 5 Food, Foraging Level 3
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Underwater Food Storage
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Spelunking
  • (I) Organisation [3 IP]
  • (C) Stockpiles
Platipeople at C3s: 12 Population, Foraging Level 2
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Hunting Tools
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Smoked Meaty Product
  • (C) Materials 1
Retha at F8t: 12 Population, 1 Food, 3 Wood, Foraging Level 3
  • (I) Gnawed Wooden Tools [4 IP]
  • (C) Materials 1
Mountain Zebras at G7s: 12 Population, Foraging Level 2
  • (C) Materials 1
  • (E) Foraging ++ [3 IP]
Fruit People at E6s: 12 Population, Foraging Level 2
  • (C) Stockpiles
Gremlins at E8v: 12 Population, Foraging Level 2
  • (C) Sustainable Foraging

Buildings
Stockpile at F5r (Catfish)

Phlattus makes the GM sad. I said I needed a few days, man.

New god ability: Spend 1 power to double a singe researcher's research output for the turn! You can do this up to the number of people researching in a given tribe, but no single researcher can be doubled twice.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 04:13:16 am by Maximum Spin »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.) Turn 7
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2020, 04:01:37 am »

Maximum Spin, what happened to the 3 wood I have gathered so far?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2020, 04:14:02 am »

Maximum Spin, what happened to the 3 wood I have gathered so far?
I forget to put things in the little list. You still have it on my spreadsheet. (I did add it back to the list.)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2020, 04:32:34 am »

Alright. With the imminent development of advanced pointy stick technology and the apparent disappearance of the mysterious swamp beasts, the growth rate of the Retha population increases to never* before seen levels.

Retha
3x forage in F8t
2x forage in F7t
3x forage in F8u
2x reproduce
2x research wooden tools

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2020, 05:37:06 am »

Mountain Zebras
1 Zebra forage at G7s.
3 Zebras forage at F7s.
3 Zebras forage at G8s.
4 Zebras research stone tools.
1 Zebras prays to Cait Sith
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2020, 05:50:25 am »

2 platipeople forage B3s
2 platipeople forage C3s
2 platipeople forage C4s
2 platipeople forage C3r
2 platipeople praise Phlattus.
2 platipeople study Smoked Meaty Product.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2020, 03:28:34 pm »

The Plains Humans
2x forage for food on B3t.
2x forage for food on B4t.
2x forage for food on C4t.
2x forage for food on B4u.
2x spend the turn making small talk, and eventually one makes the first move and tries for a baby.
2x Clear Fields on B3t
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 11:14:26 am by Nirur Torir »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2020, 04:07:54 pm »

Cait Sith wants waters and prayers. Of the latter, not much can be done for now, but of the former? So many ideas!

Create at Dt6: Ocean Bank: Fish Fish and more fish, so nutritious. [Biome Name: Ocean Bank]
Free with first creation\/
Create at Dt5: Continental Shelf: A slope downward to deeper waters. [Biome Name: Continental Shelf]
Create at Ds5: Hydrothermal vents: Heat coming from below, the deep is very biologically sound. [Biome Name: Hydrothermal Vents]
Create at Ds4: Demersal zone: The seabed, or regular ocean. [Biome Name: Deep Ocean]
Not Free\/
Create at Dr4: Benthic zone: The Deepest depths Ocean, strange creatures lurk here. [Biome Name: Dark Ocean Depths]
Create at Dr3: Cold seep: Cold in comparison to the hydrothermal vents anyway. Biologically active in a different way, with gasses being common. [Biome name Cold Seep]

So many types all in clear order, placed properly, as many biomes beneath the sea as above it. Though I think I've thought of most that could be made by now. Viva la fishing, viva la oceans!

You brought ths on yourself Spin, there are a lot of specific environments underwater. Regular ocean is Oceanic zone.

Also, hope the flat god enjoys my gift. The ocean surface is very flat your know?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2020, 04:19:09 pm »

The Catfish Tribe
The catfish tribe continues their work.

2 Catfish forage at F6r
1 Catfish forage at F5r
2 Catfish forage at F5q
2 Catfish forage at E5r
2 Catfish researches Organization
1 Catfish prays to Cait Sith
2 Catfish attempt to increase their population
Spoiler: For personal use only (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2020, 04:48:24 pm »

Cait Sith wants waters and prayers. Of the latter, not much can be done for now, but of the former? So many ideas!
You can't really make a tile that is just a specific vertical part of the water column. Every ocean tile implicitly has a seabed, a pelagic zone, etc. As it stands, I would interpret your Ds4 as "Ocean" and your Dr4 probably "Oceanic Trench".

But also, for purely aesthetic reasons, may I suggest a little rearrangement? If you want to separate the plains from the central swampforest mass by ocean, it would seem like it would make more sense to put straits through that narrow one-tile segment rather than butting them directly with bluewater ocean. :P You might also put the hydrothermal vents next to the volcano... well it's not for me to design, so I'll stop there.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2020, 04:53:50 pm »

The world is weird and I like it.

Would like more prayer though. We'll see what the divine egg turns into.

And this is a straits , as the triangles would cut things off yeah? I would need to make every tile on both sides a strait, but that's a bit boring. As is it's a stretch of water separating the two landmasses.

Be nice if I could just paint large stretches of ocean across the map.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12